UFN 89 - Wonderboy vs Waterboy - 6/18 - Ontario part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Val + Rory vs Tompson does not go the distance @+166

So not Cowboy by KO/TKO is down to -530. I don't think I've ever even see Cote badly hurt by strikes against way bigger guys with more power. Wonderboy outclassed him but even when he landed clean with bombs Cote ate them easy. If Cowboy catches a finish I think it's almost surely by sub. I give Cowboy less than a 10% chance of finishing with strikes here. Maybe 5% honestly. I think this is good parlay fodder.

BT is saying prelims start 1am but FP says FP prelims at 11.45pm. Whos wrong as they cant bang four fights out in 75 mins can they?

First fight 6:45 pm ET on fight pass

4 fights fight pass 645-830
4 fights fs2 830-1030
5 fights fs1 1030-100

So not Cowboy by KO/TKO is down to -530. I don't think I've ever even see Cote badly hurt by strikes against way bigger guys with more power. Wonderboy outclassed him but even when he landed clean with bombs Cote ate them easy. If Cowboy catches a finish I think it's almost surely by sub. I give Cowboy less than a 10% chance of finishing with strikes here. Maybe 5% honestly. I think this is good parlay fodder.

Cote got dropped bad and was clearly on queer street in the third round against WB.

Cote got dropped bad and was clearly on queer street in the third round against WB.

What people don't realise is the WB has amazing hands aswell as power. Sure it may not took thundering like a Hunt shot but his angles over the shoulder and timing drops guys. Cote felt it, Brown felt it and Whittaker felt it. Its just not as flashy as his kicks and people tend to forget that.

Cote was hurt but he really did his best when he was hurt in the second. Cote may have one of the GOAT chins in MMA.

Done with my pre fight plays. Don't feel like listing each individual one so ill just put total units on each fighter.

3.6u Rory
1.8u Cerrone
1u O'connell
1.6u OAM
1u JoJo
1.6u Saggo
1u Misha
1u Jotko....also small on jotko dec
1.1u Soto
1.6u Elias
3.3u Markos....small hedge on JJL dec
.6u covington
2u Ali

BOL tonight everyone. Feels like theres a big divide on a few of the big fights tonight

Against you on Cerrone. But looks like me and you have faith in the red king. BOL to you bro.

Rory and Thompson backstage

I get all the arguments for Cote (size, chin, form, etc.), but Cerrone is definitely a step up in competition, former LW or not. The comparison to Ben Saunders is reaching in my opinion as Cerrone is more technical and better everywhere than him and it really isn't close. I feel Cerrone does enough for the decision, possibly even catching a sub.

I get all the arguments for Cote (size, chin, form, etc.), but Cerrone is definitely a step up in competition, former LW or not. The comparison to Ben Saunders is reaching in my opinion as Cerrone is more technical and better everywhere than him and it really isn't close. I feel Cerrone does enough for the decision, possibly even catching a sub.

We have had this discussion multiple times over the two weeks. We are gonna know tonight. Everyone on both sides had great points but at the end of the day, the fight is gonna tell us everything.

Seems like most are on Soto, glad to see that as I put a 2u on him at evens. He has faced much better competition and I don't think Beal has the power to expose his shaky chin. Soto should have a slight advantage in most phases, think he gets a comfortable UD or sub.

We have had this discussion multiple times over the two weeks. We are gonna know tonight. Everyone on both sides had great points but at the end of the day, the fight is gonna tell us everything.

I apologize if I was beating a dead horse, just skimmed through the thread trying to catch up! Hard to feel good about a lot of these fights, seems the forum is split on quite a few. Should be an interesting night of fights!

Seems like most are on Soto, glad to see that as I put a 2u on him at evens. He has faced much better competition and I don't think Beal has the power to expose his shaky chin. Soto should have a slight advantage in most phases, think he gets a comfortable UD or sub.

Nice. Think he is the favorite now.

I apologize if I was beating a dead horse, just skimmed through the thread trying to catch up! Hard to feel good about a lot of these fights, seems the forum is split on quite a few. Should be an interesting night of fights!

Yup, split on the main and co-main. It seems more are leaning Cote and WB. Great fights, lets enjoy it cause we will have a 3 week break next.

I rarely like unders, especially at BW, but Beal/Soto at +185 is pretty enticing. The way Soto strikes he is in danger for knees, in addition to his chin issues. Beal always ends up on the ground and Soto had Tanaka, one of the best BW grapplers, in some dangerous positions there.

Dat Gogoplata tho!! that was awesome

Cote was badly hurt against wb not to split hairs.

Any thoughts on rory ko/tko/dq +550? seems like a solid value bet to me? Defiantely see a chance of him finishing with groun and pound

Okay I stand corrected. I rewatched and you guys are right, he did rocked there by WB.

That said, he still survived and that's against maybe the best striker in MMA. Cowboy doesn't have that kind of power, or even close probably given that he's a natural LW.

Anything is possible, but -515 is still a very good price imo. 32 pro fights for Cote, never been stopped by strikes. His only KO/TKO loss was the weird knee injury vs Silva. Very, VERY hard to see Cerrone being the first guy to do it.

Any thoughts on rory ko/tko/dq +550? seems like a solid value bet to me? Defiantely see a chance of him finishing with groun and pound

Definitely but I like the fight ending ITD a bit more. The fight is too close to call. I favour WB in the early rounds and Rory in the later rounds. I keep flip flopping but I think the fight doesn't go the distance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back