Unsigned Heavyweights - Thread Four

True, I had forgotten about this one. Had Schilt worked on his TDD he would have been a force a to be reckoned with.
in my opinion Schilt is the KB GOAT and if he continued in MMA and improved his ground game he could've become a serious threat to any HW 2004-2009

in my opinion Schilt is the KB GOAT and if he continued in MMA and improved his ground game he could've become a serious threat to any HW 2004-2009
Yeah for real, I guess he was getting paid pretty well in K1 and and didnt have to work his ground game.

@Paul L

So if DWCS does go ahead this summer, who do you expect to see turning up on it?

I'm going for....

Jared Vanderaa (10-4)
Hugo Cunha (5-0)
Renan Ferreira (6-2)
Josh Parisian (12-3)
Chris Daukaus (8-3)
Chad Johnson (6-1)
Said Sowma (4-1)

Something like that. Justin Frazier might get a shot again I guess.

@Paul L

So if DWCS does go ahead this summer, who do you expect to see turning up on it?

I'm going for....

Jared Vanderaa (10-4)
Hugo Cunha (5-0)
Renan Ferreira (6-2)
Josh Parisian (12-3)
Chris Daukaus (8-3)
Chad Johnson (6-1)
Said Sowma (4-1)

Something like that. Justin Frazier might get a shot again I guess.
Wasn't Ferreira supposed to fight for PFL?
I don't know if he can fight on the Contender Series.

Sergey Alekseevich 5-3 defeats Vladimir Buriy 3-4 via Submission at 2:23 of Round 1
Gennady Varaksa 1-0 defeats Alexander Potapenko 0-0 via KO/TKO at 1:45 of Round 1
Piotr Piechowiak 0-0 defeats Marcin Najman 2-4 via KO/TKO in Round 1
Jakub Flas 1-0 defeats Mateusz Łapot 0-0 via KO/TKO in Round 1

some post results from belarus etc

Ishii and Jerome Le Banner also won recently on a HEAT card, while TK lost to some guy from Cro Cop’s team.

There it is. I was lazy and only went back 4 pages.

Romanov is very intriguing, he was supposed to fight Raphael Pessoa last month in Nebraska, on the cancelled UFN card. He'd be a Fight Island fight card addition, but personally I see America opening up overseas flights before the need to activate Fight Island. He'd beat Pessoa, I reckon.

Last edited:
Neither of them is anything to write home about, really. I am, however, looking forward to seeing Romanov debut, him and Rodrigo Nascimento Ferreira are interesting prospects about to make their UFC debut.
Nascimento looked good on DWCS, but I'm not sure he really is UFC caliber.
Romanov looks legit though.

Does anyone know anything about Ryan Spillane? He just signed with Bellator and apparently had a successful amateur career.
Don't know about him, but on Tapology he has a 10-9 Amateur record.
https://www.tapology.com/fightcenter/fighters/120031-ryan-spillane

It’s cool to see Ike get a shot after so long, I see him going back to 205 in the future.
I was wondering if he'd get a shot after beating Coulter, but I didn't expect him at HW either.

http://severemma.com/2020/05/ryan-spillane-signs-with-bellator-wants-james-haskell-in-debut/

Does anyone know anything about Ryan Spillane? He just signed with Bellator and apparently had a successful amateur career.

Spillane is good. Poor amateur record but the first half of his career he fought too early with basically no real training. Last couple of years has gone very well for him. I like him, he is well rounded and pretty good on the mat for a heavyweight. Still pretty green but good potential.

Spillane is good. Poor amateur record but the first half of his career he fought too early with basically no real training. Last couple of years has gone very well for him. I like him, he is well rounded and pretty good on the mat for a heavyweight. Still pretty green but good potential.
Hopefully they dont throw him to the wolves too early.

found a bunch of weird polish ppv mma, it is one round open mat, no gloves, some hw's invloved not sure what to think of it, but there it is
t
hat card had 8 "HW" fights but they supposedly don't count for MMA records?

other cards had plenty of 'exhibition' matches

Dong Hyun Bae 2-1 defeats Jae Hyuk Heo 1-2 via KO/TKO at 1:03 of Round 3

upcoming
Łukasz Brzeski 7-1-1 vs. Michał Piwowarski 3-1
Muslim Makhmudov 13-7 vs. Aleksandr Ivchenkov 0-0 rumored
Magomed Kamaludinov 1-0 vs. Aleksey Molchanov 0-0 rumored
Anton Vyazigin 14-3 vs. Evgeny Myakinkin 16-12 rumored

vyazigin won as did brzeski
Szymon Bajor 20-8 vs. Oli Thompson 20-12
Marcin Sianos 4-4 vs. Adam Pałasz 3-0
Michał Kita 16-11-1 vs. Igor Pokrajac 29-14
Krystian Pudzianowski 1-0 vs. Piotr Szeliga 0-0 (seems like another weightlifter beef)

Back