What are you currently playing v4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Splitting my time between...

Yakuza 0: Cleaning up side quests
Yakuza Kiwami 1: Cleaning up side quests and possibly gaining Harukas trust (though I'm only on D rank and it's a goddamn pain)
Yakuza Kiwami 2: Chapter 4, not moving forward until the Cabaret league is cleared. Playing dress-up with a Japanese hostess on screen, whilst my partner is giving me the evils next to me, is slightly discomforting.
Enjoy these. The Cabaret clubs systems in the later older games aren't as fun. Are you playing new game plus? I think you get a golden gun and it's pretty cheesy.

Enjoy these. The Cabaret clubs systems in the later older games aren't as fun. Are you playing new game plus? I think you get a golden gun and it's pretty cheesy.

I'm not on New Game plus. I don't like the idea of going through the game again, so it's just premium adventure for me.

I'm kind of dreading Yakuza 3 to be honest. Kiwami 2 is really opening up (I'm on Chapter 5, only moved for are because Yuki has to stock up) and looks gorgeous, and I heard that a lot of things were taken out of 3. Also, Kamurocho seems to be really upgraded (something that should have happened in Kiwami 1) Will seem like a huge downgrade. I'd like to jump straight to Song of Life and Judgment, to be honest, but I cannot skip...

I'm not on New Game plus. I don't like the idea of going through the game again, so it's just premium adventure for me.

I'm kind of dreading Yakuza 3 to be honest. Kiwami 2 is really opening up (I'm on Chapter 5, only moved for are because Yuki has to stock up) and looks gorgeous, and I heard that a lot of things were taken out of 3. Also, Kamurocho seems to be really upgraded (something that should have happened in Kiwami 1) Will seem like a huge downgrade. I'd like to jump straight to Song of Life and Judgment, to be honest, but I cannot skip...

Yea 3 is a downgrade. The story is semi interesting so that helped but the fighting and everything just feels downgraded. The only plus is that it's short and was easy to just blast through.

It is kinda weird but maybe you should have started with 3 first. That is the oldest game in the series in terms of of not having a remakes. The stories don't really link up so you can actually could have went that route. It's not like they took things out of 3. They just didn't add anything and the cabaret club stuff doesn't make sense. It's not as clear cut as zero, k1, k2. You are just playing a game from 09 that has been ported.

I took a break midway in 4 because it was too much yakuza for me lol. I would legit fall asleep during the cut scenes because I didn't care about the story anymore.

It is kinda weird but maybe you should have started with 3 first. That is the oldest game in the series in terms of of not having a remakes. The stories don't really link up so you can actually could have went that route. It's not like they took things out of 3. They just didn't add anything and the cabaret club stuff doesn't make sense. It's not as clear cut as zero, k1, k2. You are just playing a game from 09 that has been ported.

I took a break midway in 4 because it was too much yakuza for me lol. I would legit fall asleep during the cut scenes because I didn't care about the story anymore.

The stories do link up what are you talking about? They all follow the MC through each game as his life progresses.

The stories do link up what are you talking about? They all follow the MC through each game as his life progresses.
The stories after 2 are written by different people. Yakuza 1 and 2 had a real crime author and the rest are sort of cash grabs due to popularity of series. That's some parts were terrible hackjobs with protagonists that go missing later in the game. Without spoiling too much you got stupid stuff like Twins of dead characters and USA Black Ops involvement. I made the mistake of googling who writes this stuff and who created this game. They all look like nerds who started to believe they were gangsters midway through the series. It's a lot of tanning, botox and flashy clothing.

You can start with 3 with the knowledge that this is a retired bad ass who owns an orphanage. Finish up to 5 then play the rest as prequels and 6 normally. Essentially zero is fan service to show younger versions of the characters or bring in guys who never continue on in the series.

The series creator has an even looser approach. He even mentioned he built all the games to sort of have it's own starting point.

So last night I finally went back to Doom Eternal for the first time in about a year so I could start the DLCs. When you hit a marauder now did they fucking add an animation of him seeing stars??

tenor.gif

<WhatIsThis>

So last night I finally went back to Doom Eternal for the first time in about a year so I could start the DLCs. When you hit a marauder now did they fucking add an animation of him seeing stars??

tenor.gif

<WhatIsThis>
Yes, people apparently weren’t picking up on the fact that he is staggered and you can keep hitting him so they made it as obvious as possible.

Undertale

Randomly showed up on Game Pass. Had to see what all the hype was about. It's...good. Hasn't blown my socks off, but it's good. Quirky as hell, and it always manages to keep throwing unique little touches at you, and never gets too comfortable with itself. I'm only a couple of hours in, but it really makes you realize what some people can achieve with the bare necessities of a game engine. This game gets by on it's creative writing, and unique scenarios and systems. Other indie games of this ilk would be content in creating something that resembled an old school JRPG, but this one aimed a lot higher, and set out to turn the genre on it's head a bit, and from what I've played, they(or he) succeeded. There's nothing special about how it looks and feels, but all the creativity within the bare bones template they were working with makes it incredibly unique and engrossing.

Not ready to give it a verdict, but so far so good.
I still can't believe that
the flower called me out on save scumming after killing someone and ruining my pacifist playthrough
That was one of the coolest and funniest tidbits I've encountered in a game

Been playing a lot of different games lately and trying to finish up some before Mass Effect Legendary Edition comes out.

Monster Hunter Rise- great game, pretty much World but with QOL enhancements. I just wish the graphics were better but whatever lol. 9/10

Dragon Quest 11- awesome JRPG. Kind of slogging through what I presume is the midway point but overall really good game. Haven't finished yet but am trying to before the end of next week. Only thing that really seems to be noticeably lacking is the music, it's not bad and there's some nice music here and there but overall it's kind of bland and not there isn't much variety at all. So far it's like a 8.5/10 for me.

New Pokemon Snap- Really nice and enjoyable game and it's awesome if you're looking for an update to the original. 8.5/10

Apex Legends- Grinding this out with friends and it's still a great game. Overall my favorite Battle Royale I've played and the updates have been good. Idk what score to give because I would definitely not play it without friends but with friends it's like a 9/10

Hellpoint. Mentioned to Nova elsewhere that I'd bought it earlier this week but started playing only some days ago; have been playing it every day since.

Not bad. Not bad at all. First impressions were poor. Saying it's without polish would be an understatement; plays and looks rather like a production build. It does capture something of the original Souls that is admirable, which used to be an insult funnily enough but now that Soulsborne has come into its own as a genre, I say it here as a compliment.

The art direction is very hit and miss. It wants to be H.R. Giger, I think, but delivers rather Tool cover art – and it works, sort of. Score is awesome; think what Control did but more Alien or space-station horror, confusion.

Play has been pretty by the numbers to include even off-hand (versus main-hand) firearms in proper paleblood fashion but two things that stand out are WPN editing and item systems. You have smith in this for upgrades but, too, an independent evolution of WPNs such that each takes on unique characteristics the more you use it – pretty cool. You also have inventoried what's called an omnicube; think Lucifer's trusty Rubik's cube but the colours being rather interchangeable mechanics. It may look like flat, 2D sh*t when drawn and perched atop your shoulder but it does cool stuff – the likes of Soulsian Skull Lantern and Homeward Bone et cetera, so the utility is no less there.

I bungled early exploration and used Hellpoint's equivalent of a DS2 Bonfire Ascetic. Very dumb of me so don't ask. Lol. I survived though and am a few bosses in now. Will press on.

Hellpoint. Mentioned to Nova elsewhere that I'd bought it earlier this week but started playing only some days ago; have been playing it every day since.

Not bad. Not bad at all. First impressions were poor. Saying it's without polish would be an understatement; plays and looks rather like a production build. It does capture something of the original Souls that is admirable, which used to be an insult funnily enough but now that Soulsborne has come into its own as a genre, I say it here as a compliment.

The art direction is very hit and miss. It wants to be H.R. Giger, I think, but delivers rather Tool cover art – and it works, sort of. Score is awesome; think what Control did but more Alien or space-station horror, confusion.

Play has been pretty by the numbers to include even off-hand (versus main-hand) firearms in proper paleblood fashion but two things that stand out are WPN editing and item systems. You have smith in this for upgrades but, too, an independent evolution of WPNs such that each takes on unique characteristics the more you use it – pretty cool. You also have inventoried what's called an omnicube; think Lucifer's trusty Rubik's cube but the colours being rather interchangeable mechanics. It may look like flat, 2D sh*t when drawn and perched atop your shoulder but it does cool stuff – the likes of Soulsian Skull Lantern and Homeward Bone et cetera, so the utility is no less there.

I bungled early exploration and used Hellpoint's equivalent of a DS2 Bonfire Ascetic. Very dumb of me so don't ask. Lol. I survived though and am a few bosses in now. Will press on.

Weapons take on unique characteristics the more you use it? That sounds fun.

I'm still playing Nier Replicant trying to 100% it but my thumbs hurt from fishing. Like i mentioned to Jojo the other day i took the plunge based on his review and bought Fallen Order, i'm gonna go through it on the hardest difficulty once i'm done with Nier.

I am currently playing Returnal, I love the art direction of this game thus far.

Weapons take on unique characteristics the more you use it? That sounds fun.

I'm still playing Nier Replicant trying to 100% it but my thumbs hurt from fishing. Like i mentioned to Jojo the other day i took the plunge based on his review and bought Fallen Order, i'm gonna go through it on the hardest difficulty once i'm done with Nier.
Nice. Fallen Order is so much fun. You're going to love it. I played NG myself on Master (out of Story, Jedi Knight, Master, Grandmaster) and found it the perfect balance of fight and fun. Despite present mechanics indicating either a developmental focus, both combat and movement lack the precision warranting Grandmaster investment, IMHO. Dezzy recently ran GM though (NG+) and loved it.

Nice. Fallen Order is so much fun. You're going to love it. I played NG myself on Master (out of Story, Jedi Knight, Master, Grandmaster) and found it the perfect balance of fight and fun. Despite present mechanics indicating either a developmental focus, both combat and movement lack the precision warranting Grandmaster investment, IMHO. Dezzy recently ran GM though (NG+) and loved it.
Same here, I went for the second hardest difficulty and found it to be the perfect amount of difficulty for a "Casual" souls game. @Nova44 Im sure its probably a bit more difficult on the hardest difficulty but its probably still easier than a Souls game, so not too hard haha.

Started control which I got from humble bundle last month. And just cause 4 which was free on epic

Also wwe 2k battlegrounds also in the same bundle as control.

Just finished Hellblade Senuas Sacrifice. Absolutely no way in hell I ever would have finished this game without youtube.

Just finished Hellblade Senuas Sacrifice. Absolutely no way in hell I ever would have finished this game without youtube.
Convoluted nav or story? Never played that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back