What's happening with Glory?

I have not been keeping up on whats going on but let me ask this.......is glory doing good or going down hill? How about Lion Fight? Bellator Kickboxing?

Also, what do you guys think of Triumphant? It seems they may be blowing up and the new big MT promotion? I know Gaston Bolanos fought on it. I had the opportunity to fight on their first show but didnt due to injury, shoulda coulda woulda but didnt uh.
Finances aside from a purely fan perspective I think Glory is doing well. They have cool champions and make reasonably cool fights fairly often. Lion Fight I believe is struggling to exist and was never really relevant besides the fact that its muay thai in America. Bellator put on one epic fight in Petro vs Allazov but otherwise have been nothing special, although apparently they still pay better than Glory.

Finances aside from a purely fan perspective I think Glory is doing well. They have cool champions and make reasonably cool fights fairly often. Lion Fight I believe is struggling to exist and was never really relevant besides the fact that its muay thai in America. Bellator put on one epic fight in Petro vs Allazov but otherwise have been nothing special, although apparently they still pay better than Glory.

what do you guys think of triumphant and its future?

what do you guys think of triumphant and its future?
Honestly had to google them. Seems like a solid regional promotion which we need more of but isn't a nationally broadcasted promotion with top global fighters which we typically discuss in here.

Honestly had to google them. Seems like a solid regional promotion which we need more of but isn't a nationally broadcasted promotion with top global fighters which we typically discuss in here.

they had gaston bolanos on their show. I was thinking they might end up replacing lion fight.

also naruepol fairtex vs eddie farrell

they had gaston bolanos on their show. I was thinking they might end up replacing lion fight.

also naruepol fairtex vs eddie farrell

Gaston is probably the best US based Muay Thai fighter right now but he hasn't beaten any of the big international stars yet. Regardless he's signed with Bellator and I anticipate him focusing more on MMA now. Bellator Kickboxing barely exists and hasn't earned respect with their match ups outside of Petro vs Chingiz. Now Petro is with ONE and Bellakick was basically a tack on to his Oktagon events so who knows where they stay now.

Naruepol got some exposure because of The Contender Asia a decade ago but I don't think anyone considers him a top guy in 2019.

I don't want to diminish that promotion I think they are doing great things by the looks of it. I just think when it comes to KB/MT in the US it gets graded on a scale. Like when your work never has hot chicks come in so when you see a 6 they look like a 9.

Gaston is probably the best US based Muay Thai fighter right now but he hasn't beaten any of the big international stars yet. Regardless he's signed with Bellator and I anticipate him focusing more on MMA now. Bellator Kickboxing barely exists and hasn't earned respect with their match ups outside of Petro vs Chingiz. Now Petro is with ONE and Bellakick was basically a tack on to his Oktagon events so who knows where they stay now.

Naruepol got some exposure because of The Contender Asia a decade ago but I don't think anyone considers him a top guy in 2019.

I don't want to diminish that promotion I think they are doing great things by the looks of it. I just think when it comes to KB/MT in the US it gets graded on a scale. Like when your work never has hot chicks come in so when you see a 6 they look like a 9.

Yeah can agree with that.

Eddie Farrell is really good, maybe not well known, but still very good, hes WMC light heavy weight champ. I know he has also fought some top guys such as Toby Smith for example

https://www.tigermuaythai.com/tmt-fighter-eddie-farrell-wins

I was talking with a friend of mine the other day, I guess OneFC is planning to come to the US sometime soon for both MMA and Muay Thai as well. If that happens, I see OneFC being the big MT promotion in the US.

Why doesn't Glory do this kind of promo videos to build up hype for the fights? Doesn't seem very difficult to do and it's more enjoyable than the random clips they put together on Glory Fight Week

Kinda feel like the moment when Glory officially abandonned the idea of getting huge

In the USA at least...

They may be thinking of going the soccer way. Be popular everywhere else but America and India.

how come they haven't announced another event yet?

Why doesn't Glory do this kind of promo videos to build up hype for the fights? Doesn't seem very difficult to do and it's more enjoyable than the random clips they put together on Glory Fight Week

If they were aligned with a legit network like PBC are with Fox the network would probably take care of it for them

What fights can Glory even make right now? They've run out of match ups and contenders...

A couple of fights i have in mind

Simon Marcus vs Yousri Belgaroui
Vakhitov vs Any top 5 ranked
Doumbe vs Nabiev
Murthel Groenhart vs Harut Grigorian
Mohamed Mezouari vs Mohamed Jaraya
Marat Grigorian vs Tyjani Beztati
Robin Van Roosmalen vs Marat Grigorian
Elvis Gashi vs Baya
Boynazarov vs Petpanomrung
Boynazarov vs Serhey Adamchuk
Ezbiri vs Van Nostrand

A couple of fights i have in mind

Simon Marcus vs Yousri Belgaroui
Vakhitov vs Any top 5 ranked
Doumbe vs Nabiev
Murthel Groenhart vs Harut Grigorian
Mohamed Mezouari vs Mohamed Jaraya
Marat Grigorian vs Tyjani Beztati
Robin Van Roosmalen vs Marat Grigorian
Elvis Gashi vs Baya
Boynazarov vs Petpanomrung
Boynazarov vs Serhey Adamchuk
Ezbiri vs Van Nostrand
These are all solid fights, they just lack big fight feel. I think that's what Glory is struggling to do. Hopefully they can work things out with Rico and Badr for the rematch to bring back some pazazz. RVR no longer with Glory tho right?

They stopped doing the 4-mans about halfway through last year that's old news.

They just worked out a deal to broadcast all of their events, including a new Road to Glory show, on UFC Fight Pass. The UFC just started it's venture with ESPN, so I don't think it was a matter of ESPN wanting them off it just makes much more sense to have everything on Fight Pass.

These changes are a great move IMO and strangely recommended by this forum before it happened ;)
Are we able to watch the Glory Road To replays one Fight Pass? I just re-signed up for fight pass for the kickboxing/MT and would be interested in a show like this for Glory.

I think we didn't realise how lucky we were to have Glory events while they lasted and it feels like soon we'll be rewatching the old Glory events with some nostalgia.

Are we able to watch the Glory Road To replays one Fight Pass? I just re-signed up for fight pass for the kickboxing/MT and would be interested in a show like this for Glory.
If you are talking about the original ones I'm not sure but they are revamping that as an exclusive to Fight Pass, along with SFS and the numbered cards now.

I think we didn't realise how lucky we were to have Glory events while they lasted and it feels like soon we'll be rewatching the old Glory events with some nostalgia.
It's not over yet as far as I can tell. They're just being very slow on announcing the next event, which can be a good or bad thing.

Last edited:
I noticed the four man tournament weren't featured in Glory 63 and now Glory 64. Did they abolish this format? I also noticed that the Superfight Series and the main card are both on UFC Figh Pass instead of ESPN or affiliate channels. Did the ESPN deal end with the end of last year and did Glory stop the four man tournament for the new year?{<huh}
I wish Glory and MT/Kickboxing in general got more mainstream coverage I think people would love it

Back