What's happening with Glory?

They haven't gone otherwise quiet so hopefully just a delay with announcing the next event or some good surprise.

They haven't gone otherwise quiet so hopefully just a delay with announcing the next event or some good surprise.
Their Twitter account is active everyday, with teases of possible matches & title defenses. Not sure why there isn't even a announcement saying there will be a announcement about the next event soon.

Community makes fun of them when they've made announcements about announcements before :p

For some reason they keep posting about Alex Pereira

For some reason they keep posting about Alex Pereira
Supposedly they have an allowance in his new contract so he can fight MMA as well. Hopefully we see him on Dana White's Tuesday Night Contender Series this summer or in the UFC itself maybe.

Supposedly they have an allowance in his new contract so he can fight MMA as well. Hopefully we see him on Dana White's Tuesday Night Contender Series this summer or in the UFC itself maybe.
Can't see him doing as well as Adesabya to be honest

Can't see him doing as well as Adesabya to be honest
Not if they rush him, he won't. Adesanya had eleven MMA fights against appropriate competition in Oceana and Asia before the UFC signed him so he had time to get good experience while Pereira has only had three bouts in Jungle Fight. Still I'm hopeful.

With all the MMA resources in Brazil Perreira could become a real monster very quickly, then again he could make for an entirely average MMA guy. Adessanyas length means he was already fairly comfortable striking from an MMA range, it could be the key to his success.

http://www.glorykickboxing.com/news...684-6f20-4848-aa8b-3b1549d3dc11#disqus_thread

Tuesday, Mar 26 2019

World Featherweight Champion Commits To Exclusive Multi-Year, Multi-Fight Agreement With World Leader In Stand-Up Combat
GLORY, the world’s premier stand-up fighting organization, today announced the signing of a new long-term agreement with world featherweight champion Petchpanomrung ‘The Professor’ Kiatmookao (162-36-2, 27 KO’s).

“As the home of the best strikers in the world, GLORY is where Petch belongs. Not only is he the world featherweight champion, he also features strongly in the pound-for-pound conversation, so we’re delighted to have signed him to this new deal,” said Marshall Zelaznik, GLORY CEO.

“Petch is out there finishing world-class opponents and, when he’s not finishing them, he’s winning unanimously on the scorecards. Nine wins from ten GLORY fights puts him up there with Rico Verhoeven in terms of dominating his division.”

“I am very happy to have signed this new deal. I come from a poor part of Thailand and being GLORY champion means a lot to me,” said Petchpanomrung.

“Being champion is changing my life and the lives of my family and I'm not letting that be taken away from me by anyone. I started 2019 as the GLORY featherweight world champion and it’s staying that way, this year and for many years to come.”

Petchpanomrung debuted at GLORY 35 and went on a three-fight win streak before taking his first title shot, which he lost to Robin van Roosmalen by way of Majority Decision.

Four wins later he took his second shot at the belt and this time shut Van Roosmalen out over five rounds at GLORY 59 to win a unanimous decision. He made a successful defense of his belt against former champion Serhii Adamchuk in February.

Details of Petchpanomrung’s next title defense will be announced in the coming weeks.

So Worldstar randomly uploaded did this for Glory

Didn't they post Harut Grigorian getting KO'd by Groenhart once?

Also some popular site posted Petpanomrung head kick KO over either Ezbiri or Zouggary, can't remember which fight or which facebook/instagram page.

If you look at the comment section people are really happy with the video though, which is cool. They need worldstar to post highlight videos more frequently though if they wish to build a fanbase out of that. Just one video won't really gain them many fans IMO.

Last edited:
Didn't they post Harut Grigorian getting KO'd by Groenhart once?

Also some popular site posted Petpanomrung head kick KO over either Ezbiri or Zouggary, can't remember which fight or which facebook/instagram page.

If you look at the comment section people are really happy with the video though, which is cool. They need worldstar to post highlight videos more frequently though if they wish to build a fanbase out of that. Just one video won't really gain them many fans IMO.
Worldstar uploaded Pets KO on their instagram after Ezbiri KO and I agree consistency is key. Worldstar has a huge platform so hopefully there's more.

Some Dutchie site posted the Rico-Badr rumour a few days ago, nothing final yet afaik.

Anyone know when Petch and Sittichai are fighting next? Sittichai last fight was 5 months ago and still no sign of an upcoming fight. I dont think he's ever been inactive for this long but could just be taking a break which is can be a good thing. Maybe they know when they're next fighting but just keeping it quiet for now. Hopefully we hear something soon.

Smh, they need to find a new opponent for Sittichai. Sittichai vs Marat is boring zzz...

Good thing this event is in Utrecht and not in USA. Wilnis vd Pereira is a good fight and i hope the card has some other good fights

Marat is probably going to be the best fighter to lose to the same man five times. I have no clue what Glory is thinking unless they have Marat on the horse meat and are praying for a KO win. No way he would take it on points in my opinion

Marat is probably going to be the best fighter to lose to the same man five times. I have no clue what Glory is thinking unless they have Marat on the horse meat and are praying for a KO win. No way he would take it on points in my opinion

The big question is will sittichai get 4 rematches if Marat wins. :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back