What's Your Opinion on Fedor?

Do you love or hate Fedor?

• Total voters
10 years dominance against the best HWs during that time (no, the best HWs were not in the UFC during that time). Nobody else ever came close to achieve what he achieved.

Fedor is GOAT.

hendo-ko-on-fedor.gif

GOAT at HW doesn't get 1 shot KO after years of can crushing and ducking ufc.

Would have been exposed sooner if not for the can crushing.

Say what you like about us, but it can happen to virtually any country. Germans, Italians, Japanese. It's just some people understand they're being screwed by the regime and try to alert their countrymen, others (like Emelianenko) rush to lick fuhrer's boots.
So do you stand up against zelensky?

He was instrumental in turning my country into a fascist cesspool with his insane warmongering. He must be proud now that Russian rockets all but destroyed his hometown in a criminal aggression he was so ardently cheering on.
It's way more complicated than that, and all of Fedor's remarks on the Donbas situation occurred around 2014/2015, when it was mostly just a regional conflict with a personal connection to him since he is a Russian who was born in Eastern Ukraine. He has not made any comments on the matter in years and especially in the last year, compared to someone like Shlemenko

Had the best intro and nickname of all fighters. "The last emperor" given to him by the Japanese people.

He never claimed he was the best fighter in the world and actually chuckled saying there's billions of people in the world lol.

He wanted to be remembered as a good person a goo father before a fighter.

Do I really have to tell you how if among your first 3 experiences being Bigfoot destroying him and a tiny Hendo destroying him and gifted decisions of recent and wheeling out walruses to fight the man would comes across disingenuous in saying I am remotely amazed? Is this your King is my thought but then I respectfully say he has good moments as well but just meh about equal to his bad for me. Some ok here and there. There has been nothing that has made me say this guy is awesome in 15 years. I haven’t said he was terrible just not a fighter I find one I love or hate. Just a fighter with a delusional fanbase disrespectful of others experience who didn’t see him in Pride. Nobody disrespected him. My experience wasn’t what yours was based on when I started and the reality is my experience with even Glover has been better and they are about the same age if I’m not mistaken. Just like Glover I love the heart to be old and still fight its just Glover does it better and with no fake hype about what he used to be. Also please don’t play the little game of “you’re mad” with me. Not even a lick. It’s mma discussion and I stand very firm in what I experienced since the Brett vs Fed fight. You cannot blow smoke up my ass and get your lips away from there. Some of you Pride“fans” should be equally as disgusted at the whole blackball certain fighters for steroids thing that goes on here on this karate board. You can’t say Pride without saying steroids which btw all of them took if intelligent. It seemed like a fun era and I see why you enjoyed it just hold zero nostalgia for me. Which is 100% what you don’t seem to get. I am unbiased about my own experience while you are nostalgic about yours

Come back when a fighter goes 10 years undefeated at HW mate. You are wasting too much time and you will end up a goof.

I loved Nog so I didn't love Fedor. That being said, Fedor was the greatest MMA fighter ever. Expert technique combined with freakish athleticism and courage.

The thing is the differences in personalities is what makes for great fights. If everyone were the same,itd get boring.
I see your point, but I don´t remember getting bored at all for the build-up to fedor vs CroCop ;)

And I don´t mean that I would prefer everyone to be humble and silent. There are all sorts of different, funny, interesting, smart, etc., personalities that can all be respectful and decent people in their own ways.

Reactions: HHJ
hendo-ko-on-fedor.gif

GOAT at HW doesn't get 1 shot KO after years of can crushing and ducking ufc.

Would have been exposed sooner if not for the can crushing.

Your statements tells me you are just looking for discord.

I am out.

Absolute monster in his prime. Definitely the greatest MMA heavyweight of all time. As far as overall goat I'd probably put only Jones above him.

Nah i'm pretty happy with the Hw division right now (Gane, Aspinall, Ngannou, Stipe, potentially Jones).
I love Fedor cause he was ahead of his Time.

You are the exception. MMA fans love to have their favorite fighters keep fighting....even when it is clearly no longer a good thing for the fighters themselves. Many MMA fans stop watching when their favorite fighter retires. This is different than other sports ("Ahhh! Peyton Manning retired so I'm never watching the NFL again!"). My assessment is accurate.

Jarl

Edit: Responding to several posts above...cases can be made for several fighters to have had the most obnoxious fan base at various times in the past. I've heard Brock's fan base was pretty dense, for example. But, all of the fighters listed by other people don't seem to have obnoxious fan bases now. Fedor hasn't been relevant in more than a decade. He has been brutally KOed repeatedly and is just embarrassing himself and his legacy at this point. Yet, even now (in 2022!!!) we get several threads each week about Fedor - usually with photos of him oiled up. You don't see that kind of cultish wankery from Penn, Shogun, etc. fans now. And, the hypetrains who do get that treatment are usually forgotten as soon as they lose.

Last edited:
Come back when a fighter goes 10 years undefeated at HW mate. You are wasting too much time and you will end up a goof.
No I will just address the 14 years of mediocrity during my tenure of watching MMA and let those a part of his great moments speak for that. You do understand both parts of his career exist correct? Or you want people not to tell the truth of their experience watching him but only to tell your own? In which case fuck you very much in advance

Back