What's Your Opinion on Fedor?

Do you love or hate Fedor?

• Total voters
True. MMA fans, in contrast with most other sports fans, just can't seem to let go of fighters from the past.

Jarl

Nah i'm pretty happy with the Hw division right now (Gane, Aspinall, Ngannou, Stipe, potentially Jones).
I love Fedor cause he was ahead of his Time.

Nah i'm pretty happy with the Hw division right now (Gane, Aspinall, Ngannou, Stipe, potentially Jones).
I love Fedor cause he was ahead of his Time.
Yep. People just assume because we acknowledge past fighter's skills we ignore current fighters in the div.

Or rather than assume,it just makes them feel better to generalize how they want to see it.

1. Silva
2. Gsp
3. Jones
4. Fedor
5. Aldo
1. GSP
2. Fedor
3. Aldo (should be removed for sodomizing the gravedigger, but we will leave him now)
4. Silva (removed from the list for roids, replaced by Motivated Penn)
5. Jones (removed from the list for roids, replaced by Big Nog)
6. Amanda Nunez (WMMA GOAT super dominant, could kick most Sherdogger's asses)

Not on list: Mcgregor because he is too far down the list to even matter, MM because he is a chihuahua, and they don't go on my lists since I could kick their ass myself.

Last edited:
sodomizing the gravedigger????

Still the greatest fighter ever tho.
Of course, he's not the greatest fighter ever and not even the best HW ever, as Werdum, Miocic, Cormier, Velasquez, Ngannou are so much better than him in all respects.

I think he was "great" for the time. Like say Rhonda or Royce Gracie. Great for that effort. He still did a fair bit of can crushing. Choi? Really? The 3 fight losing streak all by stoppage including a loss to a natural middle weight stands out. People rip on Bisping and even he last longer than Fedor vs trt Henderson.

My point is that, he waa great for the time especially mid 2000s. Average at best afterwards. No UFC. No Overeem fight. If he had fought more top caliber and didn't can crush, there would've been a lot more loses piling up.

I think Cain, Brock, JDS, Carwin and many others would have pummeled him badly. I think Kongo and other gatekeepers could have posed problems. I think he would have been a contender but not much more. Champ maybe Pending the correct match up.

Dana won that battle.

10 years dominance against the best HWs during that time (no, the best HWs were not in the UFC during that time). Nobody else ever came close to achieve what he achieved.

Fedor is GOAT.

Never any good, fought pro wrestlers who never did mma. Jones would head kick the commie into oblivion

Mate, I don't even know what you are talking about. You take this forum thing way to personally. It's a conversation where people disagree.
I am trying to educate you on one of the greatest eras in MMA to watch. It still holds up to this day. No one is going back and watching full UFC cards often in this day and age, where as plenty of people watch the Pride events in full all the time.
You say you train, then you want to be studying that era of fighting. That era of the heavyweight was one of the most skilled we have ever seen. Fedor in particular was one of the first guys to actually have a complete game and transition from striking, to the clinch for a takedown and then either sub or ground and pound his opponent. He was so successful because he fought like a lighter weight fighter and was so far ahead of his time. It's rare to even see people able to transition like that to this day and be as dominant as he was. If you transported that version of Fedor into the UFC today, he would easily be top 5 with how well rounded he was. That's something I can confidently say.

Team sport vs individual sport doesn't compare. Plenty of people will go back and watch old boxing fights etc. I don't care if you don't like Fedor or not to be honest, but all your arguments of why you don't are pretty flawed.
You are in a thread about loving or hating Fedor. Don't get upset if someone challenges you and makes an argument for him or even against him. It's the point of the thread.
Where is the upset I’m not cursing nor angry. I’ve seen these so called golden era fights and some of you guys suffer from overly nostalgicitis. It will NEVER be the golden era of any fan who starts watching today. It isn’t even the golden era for people who started watching 10 years ago. It’s kind of arrogant to even label it that being as it absolutely isn’t close to peak interest period. The golden era for me was when Strikeforce and UFC coexisted. I’m nobody to force that period down the throat of anyone nor am I anyone to try to dick measure time periods with someone after me who may feel their time period great. These are things that all hold a sport back. You can make suggestions you can say hey this is what I enjoyed most. You can say this is what I found the greatest and I can be excited for you and not trample on it. You know who likes to trample on peoples MMA experience claiming supremacy? Ironically Prideful dinosaurs. It aint me

You keep saying he is average. Name a single heavyweight who has done what he has done or even name a single fighter. GSP is the closest by avenging his losses and returning to capture the MW belt.
He is 12-5 with wins over multiple UFC champs, title challengers and last lost when he fought for the Bellator belt in a grand prix in 2019.His losses have all come to UFC title holders, challengers or holders of multiple belts in major orgs. His worse loss is Mittrione who had a 9-4 UFC record and would have been top 10 ranked if Browne hadn't scooped his eyeball out of his head.
He just beat the number 2 guy at HW and could arguably fight for the HW belt in his last fight before riding off into the sunset. All in the twilight of his career.
MMA exists outside the UFC. Plenty of UFC heavyweights would get starched over in Bellator, the division sucks all round not just there. Guys like Arlovski are still going on win streaks 20 years on in the UFC.
Do I really have to tell you how if among your first 3 experiences being Bigfoot destroying him and a tiny Hendo destroying him and gifted decisions of recent and wheeling out walruses to fight the man would comes across disingenuous in saying I am remotely amazed? Is this your King is my thought but then I respectfully say he has good moments as well but just meh about equal to his bad for me. Some ok here and there. There has been nothing that has made me say this guy is awesome in 15 years. I haven’t said he was terrible just not a fighter I find one I love or hate. Just a fighter with a delusional fanbase disrespectful of others experience who didn’t see him in Pride. Nobody disrespected him. My experience wasn’t what yours was based on when I started and the reality is my experience with even Glover has been better and they are about the same age if I’m not mistaken. Just like Glover I love the heart to be old and still fight its just Glover does it better and with no fake hype about what he used to be. Also please don’t play the little game of “you’re mad” with me. Not even a lick. It’s mma discussion and I stand very firm in what I experienced since the Brett vs Fed fight. You cannot blow smoke up my ass and get your lips away from there. Some of you Pride“fans” should be equally as disgusted at the whole blackball certain fighters for steroids thing that goes on here on this karate board. You can’t say Pride without saying steroids which btw all of them took if intelligent. It seemed like a fun era and I see why you enjoyed it just hold zero nostalgia for me. Which is 100% what you don’t seem to get. I am unbiased about my own experience while you are nostalgic about yours

How can anyone hate a guy who never talked trash, always remained respectful, was super entertaining to watch, and used to fight much, much bigger men than himself and win all the time? Not exactly like there's plenty of material to think of him as a despicable character.

In my eyes doing things like that is highly disrespectful. You go back into the archives to appreciate not to invalidate if you are not from that era. To me it was a lack of understanding for you to laugh at that statement when its me saying whatever you say about Fedor’s great period I’m sure he was but nostalgia is a hell of a drug.

How can anyone hate him?

I'm indifferent, but his cult...I mean,, his fans are pretty obnoxious. Probably the worst fan base in MMA now.

Jarl

Dominant athletes will attract obnoxious fan bases. Just the way it is.

For my money, Anderson had the most annoying for a good while.

McGregor's can be hideous for sure but most of the time it comes across as deliberate.

You must not have been exposed to Shogun or BJ Penn fans when those guys were in their prime.

Yeah, the more sycophantic Penn fans were something else.

I'm a huge Shogun fan but I do recall a lot of his admirers being really irritating.

Back