With all due respect to the great Mike Tyson (also: About Awesome Kicks)

I don't get some of you. Was JDS's Ko on Hunt godlike sure it was however here you got a guy in T J who i'm sure was a massive underdog brutalizing a guy who was a legit contender here in the recent history.

Who cares. It's just a fun thing that the UFC does to reward guys who perform well.

EXACTLY.

They can still give TJ a lockroom bonus if they feel like he performed very well. Which he did, so that would be nothing out of the ordinary. But to take it from JDS who deserved it without a doubt (seriously, besides the fact that its a rare sight to even see that but to see JDS, a striker, knocking out Hunt with, not just a kick but a spinning kick... wow, juust wow). Its complete BS for Dana to do that.
Sadly we see that all the time, decisions being based on Danas feelings and likes (UFC HOF comes to mind from the last 24hs)

They could do the same to JDS. In fact I bet they did.

You guys are essentially just arguing about who gets a press conference pat on the back. JDS already got one, he didn't need two pats on the back.

Im glad TJ got the bonus. It is always better for the bonus money to spread to more guys. JDS is making more money than TJ by far so this is good.

They should have just given two kotn awards like they have in the past.

I think they only do that when there is no sub on the card.

JDS' KO was way better but TJ deserves the money. The title belongs to JDS and the award belongs to TJ.

That kick might be the only UFC KO nominated for KOTY without being KOTN. At least I think it will be nominated. We had some sick KO

Fight of the night is enough.

I think one bonus is good enough for anybody, and this way Hunt gets paid.

JDS vs Hunt already got a bonus. JDS didn't need another bonus plus he has a high salary so Tyson gave it to TJ Grant.
How much money someone has should not be a factor when deciding who gets the KO/Sub/FOTN bonuses. They should be awarded to the fighters who actually pulled off the best KO/Sub etc.

Are you really crying over the fking bonus?

tumblr_lyt10sUy0O1qhqczlo1_500.gif

Once again I'd like to know what exactly it is about MMA that makes people so butthurt about other people's money.

Both fighters delivered a KOTN-worthy KO. Give it to one, give it to both, I don't care. It's not my money, it's not yours, and it would surprise me a lot if Junior was cut up about it.

JDS was cool within. I know deep inside he feels that he doesn't need that, and another fighter on a lower level could use the extra cash.

JDS came from that level as well, that's why he understands.

JDS vs Hunt already got a bonus. JDS didn't need another bonus plus he has a high salary so Tyson gave it to TJ Grant.

This!
JDS has a title fight and a bonus let the smaller guys make some money to pay the rent, training camp, accommodation, travel etc. I'm sure Nike JDS doesn't need the cash as much as TJ Grant.

It isn't a charity.

It isn't supposed to be an award to people who need the money more.

It is supposed to be an award for merit.

Why is this so hard for people to understand?

There's also no rules, and these things are decided by someone who's shooting from the hip.

Either way, chill Winston.

Spinning wheel kick is part of MT so STFU TS when you don't know what you are talking about

yeah lets take away the poorer guys money just because you disagree

Back