Women's division ruining the UFC..

Don't try and pretend anyone takes WMMA seriously except fetishists like you.

I expect that there's a "No True Scotman" type of fallacy involved in your claim... i.e. you will simply choose to label as a fetishist anyone who takes WMMA seriously. It's just another example of silly anti-WMMA bullshit.

The whining that shertards do about wmma is legendary.

Nobody is forcing you goofs to watch it lol. Stop crying.

I agree that there is plenty of whining, but disagree that they aren't being forced to watch it. The problem with WMMA, imo, is the packaging. You buy a PPV for a few great fights and the WMMA comes with it. So, to not watch it means you get less than a full card. If WMMA were packaged on its own cards, then there would be no reason for people who dislike it to complain. But right now it keeps getting put in their face, so complaints are both expected and reasonable.

Again that's incredibly lazy analysis. The result had nothing to do with Clinton support of NAFTA and her issues in the rust belt states, nothing to do with Comey, nothing to do with the damning comparison between a charismatic African American leader who got record numbers out to vote and an automaton whose every gesture was field tested with special interest groups in mind. But I assume you're an American so you have a right to be triggered and all. Don't worry there's likely going to be a course correction at the next election. Should that happen you can happily crawl back into your comfortably feathered safe space.

Ha, yeah the voters care about NAFTA support, and rust-belt state issues, and comparisons between charismatic African-American leaders, and Comey. That sounds like American voters alright.

Trump will get re-elected. I'm not a Hilary supporter or a democrat even. 99.9% of politicians are crooks, fuck off with this safe-space nonsense. That tells me all I need to know about you and your supposed non-lazy analysis. (reading and parroting the opinions of paid reporters, that work for billionaires is lazy and irresponsible analysis, you really think they're offering non-biased opinions, when their bosses have billions at stakes?, hint look at how UFC operates, smart rich powerful people don't think like us)

hat whole main card was utterly forgettable, yet you focus on one fight?

Just remember that in WMMA terms Dandois is not a can. She's a top FW, with wins over Marloes Coenen (Cyborg's best win), and Megan Anderson.

Nobody has been calling her a top FW lately.

A lot of boxing undercards are bad so I don't have a big problem multitasking during a bad woman's fight. There are some women fighters I like watching. But to make that fight the lead into the Co-mains was a joke. I'd love to know the thought process that was behind that decision

If an organization gives a group, a chance, then they will only inspire others from their group. You may not necessarily believe that the women who are fighting, fight with as much skill as men, but by the women having an outlet to be seen, there is a new generation of girls watching that will begin a mixed martial arts career from their youth into adulthood.

And these seven-year-old girls that are taking karate, watching UFC with their dads these days, may want to continue the MMA route and in 13 years, have a decade and a half or so of designated Karate/MMA training and be able to put on quite a skilled show.

Now I personally have been impressed with a number of female combatants in the sport as I have been with various male athletes. Neither sex has its lineup of flawless fighters, but both certainly have their own talented representatives...in my opinion.

Let’s say that UFC only allowed Caucasian males to fight. Throughout 20 years, all you saw were white dudes fighting each other. Then all of a sudden, you saw black guys, Hispanics, and Asians fighting. If you were not impressed right away and cut their opportunity short, then the aforementioned would never inspire youth from their respective races to learn the sport of MMA from a young age and carry that into adulthood, to then be fine representatives in a decade/beyond.

Instead, you allow males of all races to fight and hopefully each one has its own set of high-quality martial artists that inspire others to join the fight game. I would recommend take this approach when it comes to your perception of female fighters going forward. It’s a bigger picture kind of thing.

To each their own though. Just my opinion on the matter.

I get your race analogy but it doesn't apply in this instance. The parallel just isn't there.

For example: the WNBA has been around for 22 years and is still as awful as the day it was created.....and girls' basketball is as popular as sports get. Nearly every college and highschool in the US features girls' basketball so the pool of players to pick from is huge. People don't care to watch women's sports in general, including women. They won't even support their own basketball league, hence why they have yet to turn a profit and completely rely on subsidies from the NBA.

I'm all for being inclusive but if you've got a sport where both men and women compete, the men's league will always be more exciting due to the nature of our physiology. Strength, speed, coordination, depth perception, and just plane old hormone profiles will create deeper and more compelling levels of competition between men. The weird thing about female sports(especially individual sports) is that the most masculine woman typically wins.

New generations of young people getting into the sport will help increase the talent pool due to sheer numbers, but we aren't able to fast track hundreds of thousands of years of evolution and sexual dimorphism in order to equal things up. Everyone should have a space to compete but it's up to the consumer to decide what they want to see. WME is pushing something that isn't being received all that well. The can continue to push but that doesn't mean people will be receptive, just like the WNBA.

Well it is clear that most of the women focus more on posting pictures of themselves on social media than actually training. Not that they have any real talent to begin with. It looks like they are fighting underwater. That bad it is.

There are like 1000 fights that are just plain pathetic and one that looks like they know what they are doing.

The whining that shertards do about wmma is legendary.

Nobody is forcing you goofs to watch it lol. Stop crying.

Actually they are forcing us to watch the fights. Why don't they do separate womens cards and see how well that does...

Nope, she lost because record numbers of non-voting sexists backed Trump.

Trump was exposed talking about 'grabbing people by the pussy, because he's a star, and they allow him to'. Among other things

Trump isn't qualified to run the country. The people that run the country say so. How is that not worse than some minor shady shit... which every politician ever is guilty of?

I mean the fact that she rigged the primary and stole the nomination from Sanders was a huge factor. Tons of Bernie supports ended up voting for Jill Stein or not voting at all. Had nothing to do with her being a woman. She shot herself in the foot.

Ha, yeah the voters care about NAFTA support, and rust-belt state issues, and comparisons between charismatic African-American leaders, and Comey. That sounds like American voters alright.

Trump will get re-elected. I'm not a Hilary supporter or a democrat even. 99.9% of politicians are crooks, fuck off with this safe-space nonsense. That tells me all I need to know about you and your supposed non-lazy analysis. (reading and parroting the opinions of paid reporters, that work for billionaires is lazy and irresponsible analysis, you really think they're offering non-biased opinions, when their bosses have billions at stakes?, hint look at how UFC operates, smart rich powerful people don't think like us)
Now I am genuinely confused are you a self-loathing American denigrating the average person's intelligence? A conspiracy theorist? Just retarded? And yes I'm still not in the slightest impressed by your analysis. You think Hilary lost primarily because of sexism yet fail to offer any evidence to support your claim. Even conspiracy theorists usually have some twisted logic to justify their claims. Who ever suggested the American media didn't have obvious and evident biases? Do you ever think you're the last sane person on earth and wonder if that makes you crazy?

I agree that there is plenty of whining, but disagree that they aren't being forced to watch it. The problem with WMMA, imo, is the packaging. You buy a PPV for a few great fights and the WMMA comes with it. So, to not watch it means you get less than a full card. If WMMA were packaged on its own cards, then there would be no reason for people who dislike it to complain. But right now it keeps getting put in their face, so complaints are both expected and reasonable.

Slippery slope, then LW's-FLW would need their own league next. Then HW's.

Many hate "manlet" fights, or sloppy HW fights.

Where do you draw the line?

Then we'd want grappler-only cards and exciting fighter cards to be separate, then brawler cards and gameplan-fighter cards.

Complaints are reasonable, and Courtney-Sanchez whatever shouldn't be near the main card, but nothing's going to change, and separating the UFC into different fan-friendly leagues would probably be a disaster.

Still about WMMA the Ronda era is over. That was the time that one fighter was so ahead of all the others that people thought that she was invincible. Even she bought in to that. Now the other girls catched the gap up and now the fights are just pathetic. No more easy armbar finishes.

How easy it was to market Ronda to casual MMA dummies. This unbeatable woman blaa blaa. Ofcourse she would bring in millions until she fought the first person who was not basically traiinng out of her carage and had a solid boxing background.

Why do I need to go through 20 minutes of that torture while waiting to see a real fight?

Is anyone here actually on the edge of their seat watching these snoozefests? Why does the UFC insist on pushing this crap down our throats?

lol torture? You are such a pussy

Well it is clear that most of the women focus more on posting pictures of themselves on social media than actually training.

How long do you think it takes to snap a photo, Einstein?

Plus, anybody who knows about athletic training, also knows about the need for recovery time... during which time taking a photo doesn't impede rest and recovery.

Plus, considering the relatively low pay, and high expenses, of being an MMA athlete, at less than the highest rankings, the sponsorship money that comes with social media popularity is no doubt a very helpful supplement to their financial well-being.

Now I am genuinely confused are you a self-loathing American denigrating the average person's intelligence? A conspiracy theorist? Just retarded? And yes I'm still not in the slightest impressed by your analysis. You think Hilary lost primarily because of sexism yet fail to offer any evidence to support your claim. Even conspiracy theorists usually have some twisted logic to justify their claims. Who ever suggested the American media didn't have obvious and evident biases? Do you ever think you're the last sane person on earth and wonder if that makes you crazy?

I said lots of non-voting Americans came out of the woodwork to vote. You claim analysis while not even paying attention.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/03/who-are-donald-trumps-supporters-really/471714/

A bunch of (usually non-voting) uneducated, voiceless, muslim-fearing/hating, racists came out and voted for Trump, or against Hilary. That's what the studies showed.

Now you tell me, are those type of people usually sexist or not? The media may have chose note to open that can of worms, but gender was definitely an issue too. Clearly many liberal media members agreed, and now we have what the Trump fans call an "SJW agenda"

Did record numbers of these people coming out to vote have more of an affect on the vote than Comey, or NAFTA, or e-mails... I think so, yes, definitely. It's pretty damn obvious to me.

You can think they voted for Trump, I can think they voted against a woman. We'll never know for sure.

Had you bothered to consider the issue from at least two sides, you wouldn't need me to explain it to you. Clearly you just read or remember the right-wing reasons for Trump winning.

Nope, she lost because record numbers of non-voting sexists backed Trump.

Trump was exposed talking about 'grabbing people by the pussy, because he's a star, and they allow him to'. Among other things

Trump isn't qualified to run the country. The people that run the country say so. How is that not worse than some minor shady shit... which every politician ever is guilty of?

Hahaha, have you like had a look at the previous American presidents? Trump is like mediocre in regards to the shit he has pulled. We get it, you don't like the shit he has done, but seriously they have had a fucken actor as a president and Roosevelt was no better. Seriously, take your bullshit and preach it elsewhere.

To keep this shit on topic, the reason why womens MMA happened was yes because of Rousey/Carano/Cris/Tate, but Rousey had amazing finishes, especially fast ones. Cris because of her destructive KO power and Carano because of her looks, but been able to fight. Tate due to been the only person to have a bitter rivalry to Rousey.

WMMA is seriously utter fucken shit now, we have a few exceptions to this rule, but the amount of their fights that end up with a submission or KO is fucken low, it is probably less than 15%. Their technique is god damn horrible and it is like watching CM Punk fight himself from 115lbs to 135lbs.

Slippery slope, then LW's-FLW would need their own league next. Then HW's.

Many hate "manlet" fights, or sloppy HW fights.

Where do you draw the line?

Then we'd want grappler-only cards and exciting fighter cards to be separate, then brawler cards and gameplan-fighter cards.

Complaints are reasonable, and Courtney-Sanchez whatever shouldn't be near the main card, but nothing's going to change, and separating the UFC into different fan-friendly leagues would probably be a disaster.

1. Lol at slippery slope. We're talking about consumer preference, not morals.
2. I thought the WEC was awesome. After Zuffa bought it and incorporated most of the heavier fighters into the UFC, ti functioned to a large extent as a separate portion that featured lighter weight class fighters. It was great. I think the lighter male weights might flourish in such a set up.
3. One strong reason WMMA fans don't want to see a separate promotion or separate cards for women is that they fear WMMA simply won't be able to stand on its own. It needs to be propped up by the on average much more popular male fighters (there are a few exceptions to this, or maybe just one, Ronda). To the extent this is true, it deeply undercuts the argument that no one is forcing anyone to watch WMMA, because inserting WMMA fights into otherwise all male cards isn't physical coercion, the entire intent is to get people to watch it when they otherwise would prefer to avoid WMMA.

Back