Social WR Lounge v.309: My Soul Is Prepared. How's Yours?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats quite the stretch considering teachers and the like will g a child but wait until they are 18. Like pat berry and rose namajunas. That doesn't make him a pedo it makes him a groomer.

But when you need to censor one side in a pinch changing definitions is the go to for the left these days so i can see why the site would skew the definition. Gross.

Like i said before the problem with discussing the topic is we end up having direct accusations towards others. An easy example is Joe Biden, the dude 100% has a creepiness about him. There just isnt any direct evidence that he is one. So the problem comes up when the accusations start flowing. Having the conversation in of itself isnt the issue. Like when discussing how the Catholic church helped hide child predators has been allowed on here.

The topic itself isnt directly banned, but the user base cant stay within the rules. The topics start getting dominated by the accusations, so to help keep from having to hand out card or bans, the threads end up getting locked. Then the administration team starts getting accused of defending pedos/groomers. Its a vicious circle where i can understand it feeling like the topic itself is completely banned, but that is not the intentions here. The accusations without hard evidence are banned. Preferably we just avoid the topic because it leads to major problems for us modding the topic, and the user base then feels targeted.

Like i said before the problem with discussing the topic is we end up having direct accusations towards others. An easy example is Joe Biden, the dude 100% has a creepiness about him. There just isnt any direct evidence that he is one. So the problem comes up when the accusations start flowing. Having the conversation in of itself isnt the issue. Like when discussing how the Catholic church helped hide child predators has been allowed on here.

The topic itself isnt directly banned, but the user base cant stay within the rules. The topics start getting dominated by the accusations, so to help keep from having to hand out card or bans, the threads end up getting locked. Then the administration team starts getting accused of defending pedos/groomers. Its a vicious circle where i can understand it feeling like the topic itself is completely banned, but that is not the intentions here. The accusations without hard evidence are banned. Preferably we just avoid the topic because it leads to major problems for us modding the topic, and the user base then feels targeted.
Thats certainly not how it feels posting on here but arguing isnt going to fix it. Im fully vented. Catch ya next time.

Was it something that predates the inroads of Wahhabism into South East Asia? FGM isn't common in Saudi, but I wonder if the increased fundementalism that Wahhabism nurtured led to some adopting practices they see as very Halal that ironically is not generally practicised in the Gulf.

Several years ago Obama commented on how he noticed Indonesia had changed from when he lived there, with Wahhabism making Indonesia intolerant.

There's always been Salafism in regions like Aceh, but it wasn't widespread outside of that.
Of course with the globalisation of Islamic identity, we've seen Arab culture and influence subsume a lot of regional variation.
Hard to say whether the growth of Salafism has mostly been a reaction against globalisation and westernisation, or a result of Saudi funding and promotion.
To the best of my knowledge Islamic female circumcision in SE Asia has long existed, but been limited to a small symbolic nick. My knowledge is extremely limited though. The most obvious and visible sign of the globalisation of Islamic identity and it's Arab dominance in S E Asia, has been the uptake of the hijab/tudung. It wasn't a thing at all in the '80s, but now it's absolutely the norm.

just googled Joe Biden's net worth, and all the hits are saying around 8 to 9 million. Umm, no. I would put it in the 10s of millions. No way he is only worth 8 million.

I went to a very old fashioned boarding school for missionary children in the Malaysian highlands as a kid (founded by James Hudson Taylor), and travelled throughout SE Asia as part of OMF. Mostly involved with mission schools.
Boarding schools for missionary kids belong in a bygone era now due to the internet, but I've still been involved with the mission schools, including in Papua New Guinea, mostly just doing IT. I've also travelled the region just for the fun of it, for weddings, and catching up with friends and family.
Oh, so that's what's wrong with you.

j/k

That must have made for an adventurous upbringing.

There's always been Salafism in regions like Aceh, but it wasn't widespread outside of that.
Of course with the globalisation of Islamic identity, we've seen Arab culture and influence subsume a lot of regional variation.
Hard to say whether the growth of Salafism has mostly been a reaction against globalisation and westernisation, or a result of Saudi funding and promotion.
To the best of my knowledge Islamic female circumcision in SE Asia has long existed, but been limited to a small symbolic nick. My knowledge is extremely limited though. The most obvious and visible sign of the globalisation of Islamic identity and it's Arab dominance in S E Asia, has been the uptake of the hijab/tudung. It wasn't a thing at all in the '80s, but now it's absolutely the norm.
*niche ;)

Or not lmao... written English can be tricky, yo. Mis-perceived your intent there. But I think there's a lot of (edit: even more) heinous versions of it still extant too.

Yeah, he got dinged for something or other, got pissed, and then just started going off and taunting the mods to ban him. There should be a "cold shower" tag for such instances.

I like the name. When the tag is enabled, all of their posts thereafter become only viewable to them for the next 24 hours. Essentially a temp shower… er I mean shadow ban.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back