Yarde vs Kovalev

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Kovalev inside 6 rounds. Yarde is hot garbage IMO & will fall apart as soon as Kovalev begins landing with regularity.

Does he say what exactly they do? I’m just curious what he does for conditioning if he doesn’t run or spar.

Things like 45 minutes non-stop repetition of the same combo on the pads, apparently.

Also, I think they may do occasional light sparring, but nothing heavy or opponent specific.

Edit: I say apparently because his trainer sounds like a pure bullshit artist, but the BBC boxing team (who have good insider knowledge) and others have reported is as such...

Last edited:
Yarde's entire record is bulgarian binmen.
Whoa that’s not exactly an insult. I know the story of a Czechoslovakian interior designer who befuddled a New Jersey mob hit team by surviving a cracked windpipe, and gunshot to the head.

Kovalev inside 6 rounds. Yarde is hot garbage IMO & will fall apart as soon as Kovalev begins landing with regularity.

Yeah I’m starting to think that, even with Kovalev on the slide. Like I said earlier in this thread, I’d have liked to see yarde in with ‘someone’ before a title shot. Even Callum Johnson (who fought beterbiev) who is only really domestic level, would be a huge step up in class. And I’m not sure I’d pick yarde to beat him with any confidence. And I’d definitely pick Buatsi over yarde

The problem is yarde can not beat the other champions. Kov is without doubt his best shot at the title. I don’t think he could pass this up tbh

Yarde's entire record is bulgarian binmen.
Would you have picked Eleider Alvarez to KO Kovalev 2 fights ago?

No one is saying Yarde is anything special but people seem to be ignoring where Kovalev is at in his career.

No one is saying Yarde is anything special but people seem to be ignoring where Kovalev is at in his career.

I do agree with this. Also, his legal troubles and whatnot have me convinced he's an alcoholic, which means he isn't going to be a fighter who is top-shelf until 40.

I still think he has enough in the tank to dispose of Yarde, but I wouldn't put actual money on that.

Chilemba and Pascal are levels and levels above anyone Yarde has been in with. Adonis Stevenson paid Alvarez for years not to fight him. I'd probably pick Pascal to beat Yarde.

Anyone know what time the fight is gmt, and who’s on the undercard.

Whoa that’s not exactly an insult. I know the story of a Czechoslovakian interior designer who befuddled a New Jersey mob hit team by surviving a cracked windpipe, and gunshot to the head.

"mix it with the relish"

Can a mod make a poll or is it too late now?

Chilemba and Pascal are levels and levels above anyone Yarde has been in with. Adonis Stevenson paid Alvarez for years not to fight him. I'd probably pick Pascal to beat Yarde.

Pascal isn't beating yarde.

I think Yarde is going to blast Kov out there inside of 6.

Anyone know what time the fight is? Espn plus says now but there undercard fights now?

main fight starts in just under 2 hours....im actually looking forward to this, Kov appears shot, and Yarde has never been tested, if Yarde is any good, he should be beating Kov with ease

Back