Bellator 154 - davis vs mo

at less than -300 davis is a great bet. unlike some, i think he could fnish the fight.

I'm with you on the possibility for a finish. I actually think there will be more value on the inside the distance rather than the straight line on Davis.

I'm with you on the possibility for a finish. I actually think there will be more value on the inside the distance rather than the straight line on Davis.

I'll be hitting that too most likely. I'll need to see the line but based on the ML and the o/u I agree with you. I think a decision is slightly more likely but I'm guessing we see a pretty decent line on itd and Davis can for sure finish Mo.

I'd be shocked if a finish happens in Davis vs Mo. Hell, i'd be pretty shocked if this even hit the mat. I see this sort of resembling Davis vs Bader. The wrestling will cancel itself out, but we might see some time spent in the clinch. Other than that, its going to be Phil using kicks and movement from long range as Mo tries to get in the pocket and box. Can't see either guy scoring the KO

Just me thinking out loud, but if you guys think their wrestling will cancel each other out, are saying you think Davis' striking>>>Mo's striking?

I just don't see it. Mo has looked really good as of late, especially in Rizin. His KO of Prochazka, especially, has me thinking if this stays standing, its Mo's fight to lose. I see it playing out a lot like Davis/Bader, where Mo is the aggressor and that ends up being the deciding factor in him getting a decision.

Just me thinking out loud, but if you guys think their wrestling will cancel each other out, are saying you think Davis' striking>>>Mo's striking?

I just don't see it. Mo has looked really good as of late, especially in Rizin. His KO of Prochazka, especially, has me thinking if this stays standing, its Mo's fight to lose. I see it playing out a lot like Davis/Bader, where Mo is the aggressor and that ends up being the deciding factor in him getting a decision.

could look similar to davis-AJ possibly... but i don't think davis will be *as* scared to get hit

You could definitely be right. This is why I ultimately played o2.5 rather than Davis. This could be close and I don't wanna take a chance of judges fucking me. Ultimately i'd definitely pick Davis by dec, I think he can use the range on Mo who doesn't cover ground with his boxing very well, but it could get interesting

I actually think Phil can outwrestle Mo here. Maybe I'm wrong but I do think that he can at least be the stronger guy in the clinch, put his weight on Mo and I do believe he can get td's. I believe Vassell got a late td against Mo and that was only a 2rd fight so I don't see why Phil wouldn't be able to do the same here (although I know Mo might've injured himself prior I still think it should be noted).

Granted Phil's got almost no pop in his hands unless your name's Francis Carmont so if Mo can make it a boxing match he can win this on the feet. But Phil's shown a very good chin in the past so I doubt Mo will stop him and I like Phil to either stay outside at kicking distance where he has the advantage or inside clinching and doing Phil Davis wrassle fucker stuff there. Another reason I think Phil might have some success with his wrassling is b/c Mo really hasn't faced a wrestler of the caliber Phil is in his career. Phil's a big guy who knows how to tire people out and control them so that could play into this as well in the second half of the fight if Mo does have success defending the td's early.

i think davis's stand up is way underrated. mo probably has the power advantage, but i think phil davis is better than him on the feet overall. i also dont think the wrestling will cancel out. i see davis outstriking mo and then taking him down as well.

I think the big issue is Mo's cardio. I also think Mo can fold if things don't go his way.

I think the big issue is Mo's cardio. I also think Mo can fold if things don't go his way.

agree and Phil's got that style that grinds guys down which makes it even more of an issue.

what examples do you have of mo folding? in the last couple years? he beat rampge, we all saw it.. he had trouble w/newton's style, no doubt..

Is my post hidden or something lol? 50 minutes and not 1 response?

PROPS OUT

Lol, I took a stab at Davis itd +450. If it goes like I think it will, I can see a possibility of a late sub for him.

Is my post hidden or something lol? 50 minutes and not 1 response?

PROPS OUT
haha, saw it just nothing of note for me. Disgusted Davis by dec isn't even at evens. Either way, i'm making it part of my weekend RR along with Corey dec, Cummins dec, Trinaldo dec, Werdum - Stipe starts round 3 and o2.5 Tuk/Moicano

Lol, I took a stab at Davis itd +450. If it goes like I think it will, I can see a possibility of a late sub for him.
Yeah, that's actually not too bad. I think I'm just gonna play the Mo DEC, tho since I'm already on it

I can't decide how to play any of these bouts, and I'm a proud sucker for action who hates to skip betting a fight on any major card. If Mo hits +200 I think I have to bet him though after the way his striking looked in Rizin.

Yeah, that's actually not too bad. I think I'm just gonna play the Mo DEC, tho since I'm already on it

That's a good price too. Mo has power but Phil has a sturdy chin and never been stopped. Mo doesn't pose a sub threat, probably goes the distance if either guy wins but had to take a bite of that +450. Thing about Phil is that he basically gets guys with two subs, he's not a big rnc or arm triangle guy which is kind of concerning considering wrasslers tend to gravitate more naturally to those more than most other subs.

I'll basically be like: Anaconda or kimura! Anaconda or kimura! if Phil gets him down and can keep him there.

Back