Law California lawmakers are considering a state wide vaccine mandate

Is a state-wide vaccine mandate a good idea?

• Total voters
If enough people disregard the mandate, their isn't much that they can do.
Unfortunately their are plenty of idiots in California cheering this on. Their are even businesses requiring this even in areas with no mandate already.

If there were no more beds available yes, I’d rather the hospital admit something like stroke victims ahead of them as well

But the thing is we’ve had fatties and gangbangers for a long while now, and they haven’t put hospitals under strain the way unvaxxed covid patients have tho
Try visiting hospitals in the inner cities. Oh wait... many have closed over the past three decades because of gunshot victims and non-pays. They also tax the hospitals in the same way.

How many more ICU staff would it take to double the capacity from 35 to 70 total beds?

That’s a good question. I wouldn’t know the answer. I think that would need an actual ICU doc/nurse to conjecture at

Try visiting hospitals in the inner cities. Oh wait... many have closed over the past three decades because of gunshot victims and non-pays. They also tax the hospitals in the same way.

They might have a bad night or weekend after some nasty gang violence where they divert some ambulances. They don’t stay swamped for 2-3 months like Florida is currently doing due to Covid patients

If you're interested, I just signed the petition at Let Them Breathe - https://www.letthembreathe.net/

Might be worth looking at if you're wanting to get more involved. Only took me less than two minutes to sign their petition.

I fee ya man, as a parent watching whats happening with the kids is extremely frustrating. I will sign and also share the link with like-minded folk. Because theirs a lot of whacko parents that encourage kids in mask and cannot wait till the vax is available to 5yr age group and up. Sad shit.

Whats funny is my son also attended school full-time last year when other kids couldnt. No masks in the classroom then either. The funniest part, no out-breaks there, or hell, any of the private schools and our countries leaders send their own kids too. Its like corona doesn't even exist if you are wealthy.

Yea, my sons school is the largest bill we have. More than my mortgage or any bill I pay. All my co-wokers are struggling with their kids depression and failure in classes. Now that school is somewhat back they are all masked, and distanced in stupid formations in class, and you know what, somehow corona finds its way in the public schools and gets kids sent home.

My kids school is a conservative christian school and really a blessing in these times. They dont believe in all this horse shit. The parents at that school are all either military or law enforcement. Not a goddamn mask in sight either during p/u’s amongst the parents. Normal life. Its refreshing.

But just as easily as I relocated to Cali as personal choice, I can just as easy uproot, sell house, and leave. I dont want to, but they sure are gonna make me and many others. Newsome wins the election and he will unleash hell on his people mark my words.

with thse vacxs i men they are just plasibo you can get corona with it or with out it you can transmit corona with or with out it nothing changes healthy people that get corona are still helthy people with pre existing conditions get sick recover or sadly pass away nothing rocket science in it. i mean how many times you would think person went to get tested on his own two feet got tested walked home on his own two feet was told he has corona and he still helthy

Only it’s ineffectiveness after a few months has really been proven. It’s not a vaccine.

I keep repeating myself, but these 'vaccines' have more in common with paracetamol than they do actual vaccines.

They don't prevent covid, they mask the symptoms and that's it. Like paracetamol, if you catch it you just feel less sick. That's not a vaccine, it's a therapeutic drug.

I keep repeating myself, but these 'vaccines' have more in common with paracetamol than they do actual vaccines.

They don't prevent covid, they mask the symptoms and that's it. Like paracetamol, if you catch it you just feel less sick. That's not a vaccine, it's a therapeutic drug.
Sold hard as a miracle cure. Get the jab and life goes back to normal.

I keep thinking to the old Charlie Brown stunt where the football gets pulled from him as he's trying to kick it over and over again and he keeps trusting that it won't happen...AGAIN.

Only 6 completely out of touch nazi so far…this is good

Sold hard as a miracle cure. Get the jab and life goes back to normal.

I keep thinking to the old Charlie Brown stunt where the football gets pulled from him as he's trying to kick it over and over again and he keeps trusting that it won't happen...AGAIN.

When you terrify people, they will put their complete trust in you to keep them safe and provide them with the answers. There are many, many scared people on the planet, people who have never been out of their comfort zone. If you threaten that comfort zone, they will do literally anything you say.

Can we also include gang bangers with gun shot wounds, felons, car accident victims without a seat belt, and fatso's from being admitted to the hospital?
Shhh......youre giving them ideas. Not the libs, the hospital owners, investors, stockholders, etc. If they can manage to tax or fine unvaccinated, give it 2 years max before we start paying more for health insurance if we're overweight, eat the wrong foods, don't exercise, participate in dangerous activities. This will open the doors.

They don’t stay swamped, they closed down because of it. Inner city hospital closures the past two decades is an epidemic.
178 hospitals alone in the last 20 years

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.usnews.com/news/healthiest-communities/articles/2019-07-10/poor-minorities-bear-the-brunt-as-urban-hospitals-close?context=amp

Damn. Yeah. Looks like they closed because hospitals are businesses and try to make a profit, and they were taking on too many uninsured patients (due to insurance being provided mostly by employers)

That's definitely not helping the covid problem not having those around

But this hospitals closing because they can't make enough money on under-employed patients, is kinda one of the reasons I'm listening to the medicare for all type talks from the left. I'm not a big fan of it, but the existing insurance through employer clearly isn't working so we need an alternative. And that's the only alternative that's being presented. Republicans haven't even offered up a counter solution.

I don't mean to change the subject of this thread, but what you brought up is an issue of hospital closures, not an issue of too many patients for the hospitals

They're implementing vaccine cards in a few weeks here in BC. You'll need them to go to places such as restaurants, movies, sports events and other various public gatherings.

Turns out, not just the unvaccinated, but a LOT of vaccinated people are quite firmly against this. I know 4 or 5 personally who will not go anywhere that demands these vaccine passes even though they're vaccinated. Lots of protests all over the place and those aren't even the organized ones coming up this weekend.
I'm vaccinated and am against passports.

Just wait for the cries of racism to start though, then governments will back track fast.

What about people with the antibodies that don't need the vaccine and are better off?

Why do these authoritarian assholes keep forgetting about natural immunity?

They keep denying "Science".

Damn. Yeah. Looks like they closed because hospitals are businesses and try to make a profit, and they were taking on too many uninsured patients (due to insurance being provided mostly by employers)

That's definitely not helping the covid problem not having those around

But this hospitals closing because they can't make enough money on under-employed patients, is kinda one of the reasons I'm listening to the medicare for all type talks from the left. I'm not a big fan of it, but the existing insurance through employer clearly isn't working so we need an alternative. And that's the only alternative that's being presented. Republicans haven't even offered up a counter solution.

I don't mean to change the subject of this thread, but what you brought up is an issue of hospital closures, not an issue of too many patients for the hospitals
If the 500 hospitals that closed in the last 30 years stayed open then we would have more beds. The articles also don’t tell the whole truth. The gun shot victims and gang banger ER visits bleach them far more they uninsured upstanding folks. Just think how many beds go to gunshot victims in Chicago, Baltimore, st Louis, NY, etc…

If the 500 hospitals that closed in the last 30 years stayed open then we would have more beds. The articles also don’t tell the whole truth. The gun shot victims and gang banger ER visits bleach them far more they uninsured upstanding folks. Just think how many beds go to gunshot victims in Chicago, Baltimore, st Louis, NY, etc…

Why are you trying to pigeon hole this into a gunshot problem?

There were 30,000 gunshot injuries, 15,000 homicides, 23,000 suicides in the US in 2019. Assuming they all get treated even the immediately dead ones that’s at most 68K over the course of a year. 1.3k a week.

Currently have 86K Covid patients admitted to the hospital just this past week

It’s not close which is the far greater burden on the hospitals. There’s 66 covid people in a hospital for every 1 gunshot victim. That gunshot victim bed problem is nothing but a drop in the bucket. Even with an uptick of violence 2020 and 2021 you’re still looking at a 50:1 ratio

Back