CFB 2020 Discussion: temperature checks at the gate

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think schools like USC and UCLA will also climb up since they are in LA and that is great for marketing purposes. No NY teams, so that won't be an issue. Also, be prepared to see conferences booting out programs to make room for new ones. It might be down to the SEC and Big 10 in a few years.
There are schools that will always have a permanent brand. The Longhorns QB is still the Longhorns QB and he’ll make 6 figures from the state of Texas alone. Same thing with Florida State. Then there’s always going to be a rock star phenom that takes over like Manziel. So there’s still plenty of opportunities out there. The Big 4 just got one helluva jump on everyone

I think schools like USC and UCLA will also climb up since they are in LA and that is great for marketing purposes.

I don't know, there are a lot of empty seats at those games. U$C will definitely open up the wallet but I can't see that at UCLA. They're just behind Berkeley on the wokester scale.

No NY teams, so that won't be an issue.

Rutgers. Columbia is right in Manhattan. St John's is Basketball too.

Anyone consider the fact that Oregon might have more money to pay athletes than any other school? I mean Nike + Phil Knight's pocket book is a big sum of money.

Eh, players were already getting paid unofficially. I don't have an issue with NIL.

Now the SEC just needs to add Clemson and FSU. And kick Mizzou back to the B12.

<{jackyeah}>

Eh, players were already getting paid unofficially. I don't have an issue with NIL.
I don’t either and, morally, I think its 100% the right thing to do. I just also don’t believe these guys were getting high six and 7 figures under the table. The floodgates are open now and certain programs will start to pull away even more. I still think it’ll be weird that first time seeing an active player in a Gatorade commercial during the game

@RollSonnenRoll They'll probably move Auburn and Bama to the East. Which works out well (unless Saban is immortal).

@RollSonnenRoll They'll probably move Auburn and Bama to the East. Which works out well (unless Saban is immortal).
Yeah I’ve read that. TBH I’d just rather just put Texas in the West and Oklahoma in the East. Potential for Bama/OU in Atlanta in December = ratings

Yeah I’ve read that. TBH I’d just rather just put Texas in the West and Oklahoma in the East. Potential for Bama/OU in Atlanta in December = ratings
They keep talking about pods of 4 on SEC Rant and I think that's so stupid.

The East would be ridiculously stacked if Bama/Auburn move.

The East would be ridiculously stacked if Bama/Auburn move.
East: Alabama, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, South Carolina, Tennessee, Vanderbilt
West: Arkansas, LSU, Oklahoma, Mississippi State, Missouri, Ole Miss, Texas, Texas A&M

VchA3v.gif

ACC will add Notre Dame and West Virginia.
B10 will add Kansas and Iowa St (both are AAU members).
Pac gets the B12 leftovers except for TCU, who goes back to the MWC.
SEC getting OU and Bevo.

There's your 4 super conferences.

ACC will add Notre Dame and West Virginia.
B10 will add Kansas and Iowa St (both are AAU members).
Pac gets the B12 leftovers except for TCU, who goes back to the MWC.
SEC getting OU and Bevo.

There's your 4 super conferences.

There's no point expanding the playoff after that TBH. Winner of each conference get's in, the ultimate "one&done" scenario.

There's no point expanding the playoff after that TBH. Winner of each conference get's in, the ultimate "one&done" scenario.
Nah, it should be at least 8 for at-large teams. Imagine an 11-1 SEC West team getting left out.

East: Alabama, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, South Carolina, Tennessee, Vanderbilt
West: Arkansas, LSU, Oklahoma, Mississippi State, Missouri, Ole Miss, Texas, Texas A&M
Makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back