CFB 2020 Discussion: temperature checks at the gate

Status
Not open for further replies.
How ya feel about the move?
tenor.gif

We're going to wind up with 4 super conferences but now a 13-0 mid major can get snubbed for a 4 loss SEC team.

Poor Pokes. I knew OU would leave them behind as soon as Pickens died.
It's not so bad though. It really makes OSU's path to conference championships easier, and also, potentially, the CFP, supposing they end up in the Pac12 or AAC (I don't think it gets easier if they end up somewhere else). OU beat them four times in the last decade to prevent them from winning the Big12. They also beat them twice to prevent them from earning a spot in the Big12 Championship game. OU has always been a thorn in the Pokes side; the all time matchup is in OU favor like 80+ wins to 18.

It also gives them a chance to get out of big brother's shadow, which I don't think is so bad. I've been a Pokes fan since I can remember, and I'm pretty excited for both schools.

Lol at the SEC ducking anyone

The pod idea sucks.

just realign the conference based on geography.

Lol at the SEC ducking anyone

The pod idea sucks.

just realign the conference based on geography.
It won't work. Someone's rival will be across the way (ahem...Auburn).

The pod idea isn't that bad. You'll play three teams every year, rotate the pods so you play different pods every year. The current East/West doesn't work very well. Georgia has never been to A&M, and they've been in the league a decade.

If they could dissolve the divisions altogether I think that would be the best option. Top two teams play for the conference title.

Maybe your Cowboys have a chance at a conference title now
I think their chances just went through the roof. In recent years they've been able to beat most anyone...except OU. With them out of the conference, even if they still play Bedlam every year and lose, they have an easier road to a conference title.

I think their chances just went through the roof. In recent years they've been able to beat most anyone...except OU. With them out of the conference, even if they still play Bedlam every year and lose, they have an easier road to a conference title.
I heard that the Big 12 may dissolve. Any news on that?

It won't work. Someone's rival will be across the way (ahem...Auburn).

The pod idea isn't that bad. You'll play three teams every year, rotate the pods so you play different pods every year. The current East/West doesn't work very well. Georgia has never been to A&M, and they've been in the league a decade.

If they could dissolve the divisions altogether I think that would be the best option. Top two teams play for the conference title.
I don’t see why they can’t keep two divisions? There doesn’t have to be any cross division perpetual matchups. Swap it up annually.

I heard that the Big 12 may dissolve. Any news on that?
Not yet. But it is likely. As far as I know they're going into desperation mode and will try to court new teams. No one replaces OU and UT, but if they land BYU and Boise St it will keep them competitive, albeit on an AAC level.

I think OSU will leave though. They're competitive in several major sports and will want to remain in a more prestigious conference with more prestigious schools. Right now, after OU and UT they have the biggest brand nationally in the Big12. I guess they could always stay and probably rule the Big12 most seasons, but I think they'll read the writing on the wall and take a cue from OU. If they leave, I don't think the Big12 survives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back