Did Francis embarrass the sport of MMA

I’d take AJ’s hands for 95% of real world altercations that don’t involve a weapon.
Unless you’re in actual war, the type of combat you’re talking about doesn’t exist on the streets. I’ve been in at least 3 dozen street fights and at least 2 dozen were just bare knuckle boxing. And guess what genius, they were all fights.

this

"this single exact variable hasn't been met, so we must disregard all available knowledge and avail this specific set of circumstances with a magical outcome that is contrary to previous data"

Good job, Carl Sagan.
The only available knowledge is that AJ knocked Francis out cold. All you’re doing is speculating due to other outcomes that are irrelevant to AJ and Francis in MMA. Just because a boxer and an MMA fighter had a certain outcome doesn’t mean the same outcome is a guarantee if AJ and Francis fought. To argue such just shows how ignorant you are.
Good job, uneducated and uninitiated bafoon.

No. Francis fought a top 3 boxer in the world in his second fight and made a lot of money, that's not too embarrassing. Now he can return to fight Henan Ferreira in the PFL and maybe even get 1-2 more boxing bouts.

What Jake Paul did to Askren and Woodley was way more embarrassing for MMA.

Last edited:
I’d take AJ’s hands for 95% of real world altercations that don’t involve a weapon.
Unless you’re in actual war, the type of combat you’re talking about doesn’t exist on the streets. I’ve been in at least 3 dozen street fights and at least 2 dozen were just bare knuckle boxing. And guess what genius, they were all fights.
You've been in at least 3 dozen street fights? 3 dozen? you know that's 36 right? What the fuck do you do with your time???

The only available knowledge is that AJ knocked Francis out cold. All you’re doing is speculating due to other outcomes that are irrelevant to AJ and Francis in MMA. Just because a boxer and an MMA fighter had a certain outcome doesn’t mean the same outcome is a guarantee if AJ and Francis fought. To argue such just shows how ignorant you are.
Good job, uneducated and uninitiated bafoon.
No one said it guaranteed Francis would win, but the past several decades of boxers generally being school by more well-rounded MMA fighters should certainly influence your expectations. But, no, not your expectations, which have decided AJ has some magical abilities that you expect to overcome all his considerable shortcomings of skill. Brilliant thinking, Rosalind Franklin.

Not really. If he got crumpled by Fury as well, probably a big yes though.

As it stands, his knockdown and reasonable showing with Tyson saved this from being a complete embarrassment. While it's nice to talk about paydays, this would also lend itself as another source of embarrassment for MMA, showing that if anybody wants a real payday they need to box.

Did Jordan embarrass basketball by not doing exceptionally well in baseball?

What Ngannou did is embarrass Fury. AJ fight went as expected.

You've been in at least 3 dozen street fights? 3 dozen? you know that's 36 right? What the fuck do you do with your time???
It’s likely more than that. Started getting in street fights at 13 years old and my last one was when I was in traffic at 33 years old. Spent a considerable amount of time between those years fighting at house parties, in bars, clubs, and even at a wedding reception. Got fired from a job at Nordstroms for fighting in a stockroom with a coworker; on the basketball court; in county jail and several other places.
Grew up in a bad neighborhood in Chiraq during the Tyson era. Is normal.

for the bitter dicks who wanna go on about "real fight"

There is no real fight - just sports with different RULES.

And boxer would never come to mma to make shit pay just to get beat quickly (most likely).

No. He's still the baddest man on the planet. If you think Joshua would beat him in a real fight, power slap yourself.
Stop it with the "real fight" argument, Ngannou isnt a Khabib type fighter, he throws hands...in a sport, with rules, ref and time, he just lost badly to Joshua in what he basically does as an MMA fighter.

Stop it with the "real fight" argument, Ngannou isnt a Khabib type fighter, he throws hands...in a sport, with rules, ref and time, he just lost badly to Joshua in what he basically does as an MMA fighter.
He has shown sufficient wrestling to beat an MMA striker with 3 submission wins in a sport that allows a hell of a lot more tools than boxing and pure boxers have traditionally done appallingly terrible in.

Stop it with all these dumb arguments that Francis couldn't take AJ outside of a boxing ruleset.

Well, it wasn’t MMA so no. Francis would’ve been KOd in the Octagon as well though. He isn’t a kick-boxer.

Back