Did Francis embarrass the sport of MMA

What’s this “vast body of evidence.” Back up your claims instead of just hiding your speculation behind childish insults, temper tantrums, and bitch fits.
The evidence we do have is that if Francis stands with AJ, he goes night night.
You’re the one speculating that he could do this or could do that when the body of evidence is that he hits the deck with the first right hand AJ lands.
Oh fuck off. You're going to pretend that three decades of MMA don't exist? That's beyond being stupid.

Did the Ngannou who almost beat Fury make the general public go: "Hmm, I guess MMA has something going"? Absolutely yes.

Did the Ngannou who got knocked out by Joshua make the general public go: "I guess not, boxers are still the baddest men on the planet"? Most certainly.

It's stupid to pretend otherwise.

Mercer/Sylvia doesn't count because that was originally supposed to be a boxing match, but the commission refused sanction it.

Mercer only agreed to MMA if Sylvia kept it standing.

Mercer got submitted by Kimbo. If Sylvia had actually used his full skillset, Mercer would've been the one who got finished early.

It does count. Mercer agreed to keep it to fists with Sylvia but Sylvia broke the agreement by throwing a leg kick. He was getting KTFO thinking he could stand using his 'MMA striking'. He would most likely have won a rematch but he was getting KTFO in the first fight because he didnt realise how much his standup was leagues below even at Mercers age.

Ancient Mercer knocks out a recent UFC heavyweight champion in his MMA debut - doesn’t count <45>

I don’t think MMA fans understand how this fight was viewed by the general public in terms of the whole ‘baddest man’ thing. The best puncher in cage fighting looked scared of the boxer. After the 2nd knockdown he clearly didn’t want to be there, and proceeded to get starched in the most brutal manner possible.

It isn’t just winning a fight - as cliche as it sounds, in the eyes of casual fight fans, one man simply out alpha’d the other, in spectacularly one sided fashion.

I'm betting Poirier could guillotine an untrianed boxer, which is the point of this conversation that you keep trying to avoid. And you're dutifully forgetting Francis' takedowns on Gane and Stipe.
Please tell me more about your fantasies about the guy who boxes literally every fighter he fights is going to suddenly pull out his BJJ BB because it's a boxer before him.

Stands with BSD, Justin x2, Chandler, Charles, Conor x3, Hooker, Holloway, Eddie x2, Johnson, Green, etc., but isn't going to stand with a boxer. Despite me literally just listing a bunch of a boxing and striking based fighters he's stood with.

Weird.

You guys are delusional as fuck and live in make belief land. MMA fighters are going to fight how they always do UNTIL/IF it goes bad there. You know, like they do in MMA too. None of them are immediately shooting from 20ft out unless they're an actual grappler. Who fights that way anyways.

Please tell me more about your fantasies about the guy who boxes literally every fighter he fights is going to suddenly pull out his BJJ BB because it's a boxer before him.

Stands with BSD, Justin x2, Chandler, Charles, Conor x3, Hooker, Holloway, Eddie x2, Johnson, Green, etc., but isn't going to stand with a boxer. Despite me literally just listing a bunch of a boxing and striking based fighters he's stood with.

Weird.

You guys are delusional as fuck and live in make belief land. MMA fighters are going to fight how they always do UNTIL/IF it goes bad there. You know, like they do in MMA too. None of them are immediately shooting from 20ft out unless they're an actual grappler. Who fights that way anyways.
If you don't think Poirier has the training to guillotine someone with no grappling training, you are beyond stupid.

No.

Most MMA fans and casual fight fans are just very unrealistic in their assessment of these things. It went about as expected.

We still have idiots here that refuse to accept that boxers hit harder and have better chins on average.
We have bunch of idiots on both sides, on the other end we have boxing fans refusing to accept that mma fighters would beat boxers most of the time in a street fight

If you don't think Poirier has the training to guillotine someone with no grappling training, you are beyond stupid.
Man, you've really never seen him fight have you? You're not even aware that Poirier goes for guillotines on takedown attempts ON HIM.

You're so deep into your make belief scenarios that apparently a boxer's now shooting on Poirier instead of aiming for that pea head.

He didn't until he started making excuses the other day. His handlers probably forced him to because they know his simple-minded nuthuggers will go along with the excuses.

We have bunch of idiots on both sides, on the other end we have boxing fans refusing to accept that mma fighters would beat boxers most of the time in a street fight
You really think Francis is going for a kimura in a street fight?

laugh-smile.gif

I think it's you who might be the delusional one pal.

Man, you've really never seen him fight have you? You're not even aware that Poirier goes for guillotines on takedown attempts ON HIM.

You're so deep into your make belief scenarios that apparently a boxer's now shooting on Poirier instead of aiming for that pea head.
Look carefully at the words that I'm actually posting instead of inventing words you want to argue against: Poirier has the training to apply a guilllotine to people untrained in grappling. How he may or may not set up the move is irrelevant to the fact that he has the training to do so.

You really think Francis is going for a kimura in a street fight?

laugh-smile.gif

I think it's you who might be the delusional one pal.
I think ngannou would most likely win if he goes for a takedown but i could also see aj hitting ngannou flush

Look carefully at the words that I'm actually posting instead of inventing words you want to argue against: Poirier has the training to apply a guilllotine to people untrained in grappling. How he may or may not set up the move is irrelevant to the fact that he has the training to do so.
He's also got the training to defend a takedown properly and never does so because he instead goes for a guillotine.

Like I said, you're delusionally having fighters fight in ways they don't actually fight. You're using their names but not their actual fighting.

Worse than Nate Diaz and T-Wood you mean TS?

Mercer/Sylvia doesn't count because that was originally supposed to be a boxing match, but the commission refused sanction it.

Mercer only agreed to MMA if Sylvia kept it standing.

Mercer got submitted by Kimbo. If Sylvia had actually used his full skillset, Mercer would've been the one who got finished early.

It was over in 9 seconds. Also, there was no agreement to keep it standing that I’m aware of. Post the receipts for your claim or it didn’t happen. After Mercer landed the overhand, he went for a takedown.
You can speculate what you want, but the proof shows that even a boxer that couldn’t get sanctioned flatlined a former UFC Champ in MMA. Besides, Sylvia wasn’t known for takedowns.

Oh fuck off. You're going to pretend that three decades of MMA don't exist? That's beyond being stupid.
There’s another bitch fit. You made the claim of a “vast body of evidence” and run like a chicken when asked to prove your claim. Youre not only an imbecile, but disingenuous and delusional as well.

I think ngannou would most likely win if he goes for a takedown but i could also see aj hitting ngannou flush
Okay but why would Ngannou go for a takedown in a street fight?

The guy stood with the likes of Arlovski, Overeem, Stipe x2, Lewis, Cain, JDS, Roz, Gane, etc even though standing was their best bet to win too. He only took down Gane late in the fight because of his injured knee holding him back, otherwise we know he apparently otherwise KO'd Gane in their sparring together. He's also stood with Fury and AJ, though obviously yes boxing forces that unlike MMA. If he ever comes back to MMA he's also probably standing with Ferreira, and if he'd instead fought Jones years ago he'd have stood with him too.

The idea that Francis is suddenly shooting takedowns in a street fight is nonsensical. Francis is a striker. The man believes he can knock out anybody and has never had any problem standing with great strikers to try and prove that. It's his best chance of victory too as when he lands people go out.

Like put it this way and replace AJ with Fury in said hypothetical street fight. Anybody here think Francis is immediately shooting, going for a rolling omaplata on him, or anything to avoid striking with him? I bet there's quite a lot of you saying that well no, against Fury Francis would probably strike a bit with him... because he already thinks he can. Against Fury the takedown would be his backup plan in case he was losing a lot worse than their previous fight went.

People are only saying he wouldn't risk striking with AJ because they've got the benefit of hindsight of just how bad of an idea that would be now. Before the fight plenty of people were saying he could strike with AJ and beat him, especially pointing out that AJ's chin was worse than Fury's and AJ might not get up like Fury did. They know now that's not true.

Truth is AJ's probably the only man alive Francis is scared to strike with now and so wouldn't risk it against specifically him. Anybody else in a street fight? Yeah, Francis is throwing his nuclear hands.

Last edited:
Most street fights are just bare knuckle boxing matches with no refs. Takedowns usually occur when one person gets rocked and tries to rush the other, but we’ve seen that one right hand from AJ puts Ngannou on his ass.
Not all MMA fighters are alike just like not all boxers are the same.
Reality is that some MMA fighters would win and some boxers would win. Depends on the matchup.
We can speculate about it, but can’t be sure until they actually fight.

So you count Ray Mercer KO’ing Sylvia in seconds as an example of a boxer doing poorly in MMA because of the “state Sylvia was in?” That is so illogical that you sound like you are operating with a sub 70 IQ.
There is no evidence of a top 3 HW boxer in their prime fighting in MMA. None. The only evidence we have is that AJ is such a superior striker to Francis that if he lands, Francis sleeps again regardless of the sport.
You can attempt to sound intelligent and hide your idiocy behind childish insults, but you’re failing miserably.

It took AJ 2 minutes to knock Francis down once. 1 and a half rounds to make him sleep. I don't think that argument holds.

Back