Did Pereira expose Adesanya and destroy his legacy?

It depends what you mean by legacy. It obviously doesn’t erase his previous wins (some of them being pretty weak), but it definitely kills his position in any sort of GOAT talks.

So Izzy had a free shot on a guy who was "almost asleep" and "dying" and still managed to lose the next round and get KO'd late. That is pretty embarrassing, regardless of whether or not Pereira heard the bell.
Well it's probably embarrassing to you because you're not a pro fighter. To a pro fighter, I think wins and losses have to be part of the game. If they were as weak minded as you and you were as strong minded as them, they would probably be on this forum calling YOU embarrassing and you'd be fighting in different countries, chasing your dream of personal greatness.

Everyone has a part to play in life. Some humans play fighting giants, like Izzy. And the cost of that is they will have peons on the anonymous internet belittling them because words are cheap. Actually many words are free. Other humans play the role of idiots on the web who call a champion fighting a fantastic fight and losing "embarrassing" because of some defect in their own character that they can't yet face and tackle.

I, personally, think that if you are not embarrassed for being a silly belittling critic on Sherdog (and no reason you should be ashamed - we all do it sometimes on this site - it's human, and moreover, it's Sherdoggian) then Izzy SHOULD NOT FUCKING be embarrassed for holding a world title in the highest MMA organization on the planet and losing a tough fight to a monster who would chew up a weak minded man like yourself and spit you into a trash can on his way to the gym.

At least Izzy rocked him and almost finished him. To give you some scale, the equivalent for you would be writing a great post that gets lots of likes. Would you feel embarrassed by writing a great post that gets lots of likes? No, right? Neither should Izzy feel embarrassed for being one of the top warriors in the known world.

Of course, we're all free to our opinions so I welcome your right to disagree. It's a free world. As I said, we all have our part to play so please continue playing yours. It's amusing. I like it!

"Height and reach are aspects of size. Tyson Fury is much bigger than Andy Ruiz, despite them being very similar weights."

That is cherry picking."

So you agree that Tyson Fury is bigger than Ruiz? Why? I thought that in your world, size wasn't about height/reach/body frame, just weight. If you concede that Fury is bigger than Ruiz as you have, then you've conceded that weight is not the only factor in size, and therefore that Adesanya has, in at least two respects, a massive size advantage over most of his opponents.

"When you come up with a theory like "height and reach = better fighter"

I never made this claim. Everybody knows I never made this claim. Even you, as compromised as you are, know I didn't make this claim. You have to make things up because you've lost the argument. But thanks for bumping the thread.

This is nothing close to an argument it's me roasting you because you continue to prove you're clueless. You've demonstrated you don't understand simple terms like "cherry picking", you get confused by weight and height, and continually shoot yourself in the foot because you don't know how to critically think.

At no point have i ever thought izzy was a better striker than silva.. i don’t even know how people can watch the 2 and think that

So Izzy had a free shot on a guy who was "almost asleep" and "dying" and still managed to lose the next round and get KO'd late. That is pretty embarrassing, regardless of whether or not Pereira heard the bell.

Lmao have you ever even played a sport kid yet alone even done a single training at a combat gym?

Well it's probably embarrassing to you because you're not a pro fighter. To a pro fighter, I think wins and losses have to be part of the game. If they were as weak minded as you and you were as strong minded as them, they would probably be on this forum calling YOU embarrassing and you'd be fighting in different countries, chasing your dream of personal greatness.

Everyone has a part to play in life. Some humans play fighting giants, like Izzy. And the cost of that is they will have peons on the anonymous internet belittling them because words are cheap. Actually many words are free. Other humans play the role of idiots on the web who call a champion fighting a fantastic fight and losing "embarrassing" because of some defect in their own character that they can't yet face and tackle.

I, personally, think that if you are not embarrassed for being a silly belittling critic on Sherdog (and no reason you should be ashamed - we all do it sometimes on this site - it's human, and moreover, it's Sherdoggian) then Izzy SHOULD NOT FUCKING be embarrassed for holding a world title in the highest MMA organization on the planet and losing a tough fight to a monster who would chew up a weak minded man like yourself and spit you into a trash can on his way to the gym.

At least Izzy rocked him and almost finished him. To give you some scale, the equivalent for you would be writing a great post that gets lots of likes. Would you feel embarrassed by writing a great post that gets lots of likes? No, right? Neither should Izzy feel embarrassed for being one of the top warriors in the known world.

Of course, we're all free to our opinions so I welcome your right to disagree. It's a free world. As I said, we all have our part to play so please continue playing yours. It's amusing. I like it!

Hes probably not a man. More likely a kid with a Learning disability.

I have changed my mind.

Based on how hard people on sherdog have been running down AP as one of the "most vulnerable, weakest champions" ever.

Yes he has exposed Adesanya and destroyed his legacy.

Legacy is defined, as how you are remembered when you are gone, so Izzy will be remember as the dude who got son'd by the weakest champion ever that had no wrestling and stood stiff as a board.

jfc it was not close. if he didn't ko izzy, he would've lost 4-1. adesanya deserved a 10-8 for round 1 as well. pereira was getting beat up.
A 10-8 for landing one punch on the last second of a round that was 50-50 until then?? Lol he didn’t even drop him…

1. MMA greenhorn and clear underdog Pereira ended UFC P4P No.2 Izzy's 3 year, 5 consecutive defence MW title reign, having pushed him out of kickboxing 5.5 years prior. Izzy never really was the baddest MW on the planet.

2. Izzy can't be in the conversation for best MMA striker anymore as he's 0-3 (2 by KO) against a kickboxer, who he had most success wrestling against.

3. Izzy isn't a "P4P" fighter as he evidently can't win without a massive height and reach advantage (Jan, Alex).

4. Izzy's general wrestling/submission game is poor. An elite wrestler (of which there are currently none at MW) would likely beat him; no wrestler worth their salt should be taken down by Alex, or only secure one TD against him as a result of Alex's botched TD.

I argue he would be shooting for his life.

As for a Alex TD, it's for giggles and kicks. Alex puts people into orbit and heads on sticks. He's a bad man. Respect to Izy taking the fight.

Yes, definitely. If he can't run from a heavy-hitting, accurate striker he gets KTFO'd

giphy.gif

RepentantClumsyGuppy-size_restricted.gif

Romero is terrifying. Alex even at 35 is more terrifying.

At no stage did Izy do that.

1. MMA greenhorn and clear underdog Pereira ended UFC P4P No.2 Izzy's 3 year, 5 consecutive defence MW title reign, having pushed him out of kickboxing 5.5 years prior. Izzy never really was the baddest MW on the planet.

2. Izzy can't be in the conversation for best MMA striker anymore as he's 0-3 (2 by KO) against a kickboxer, who he had most success wrestling against.

3. Izzy isn't a "P4P" fighter as he evidently can't win without a massive height and reach advantage (Jan, Alex).

4. Izzy's general wrestling/submission game is poor. An elite wrestler (of which there are currently none at MW) would likely beat him; no wrestler worth their salt should be taken down by Alex, or only secure one TD against him as a result of Alex's botched TD.
Sorry, but that's just stupid.
You talk about how he "can't win without a massive height and reach advantage" and try to prove this asinine point by providing the examples of Jan, Alex???
In Alex, he had no choice, but have you considered that he made the choice of fighting against a fighter bigger than (in Jan)??? So WTF are you talking about? He didn't run from any top contender, Alex included! And he was winning that fight! It's not like he was humiliated through 5 rounds! So again, WTF are you talking about???

It's not his fault his genetics gave him height or reach. And obviously the trade is power (i.e. Paulo Costa is smaller but far stronger).
And it's not like a smaller guy i.e. Whittaker didn't fight and beat taller guys with more reach up until Adesanya.
I am sure all his opponents had training experience with guys much bigger than them in their gyms. That's actually how you train!! You bring guys that have similar size and skills of Adesanya, and spar with him, so you know what to expect.
Hell, Alex trained mainly with Glover!

And last (but not least), no loss can erase what he accomplished.
He may not beat the record of most (consecutive) wins, but nothing stops him from winning the belt once again and dominating for 5 more years! Again, he was beating Alex in all score cards when he got tagged in the 5th.

Last edited:
Alex seems to have Izzy's number, but from an MMA perspective is still less tested than Izzy. We need to see what happens when a top guy with good wrestling and submissions gets his hands on him.

At no point have i ever thought izzy was a better striker than silva.. i don’t even know how people can watch the 2 and think that

If Silva fought the striking talents that Izzy fought he wouldn't have looked that good. What good striker did he fight other than non-trt Vitor?

Izzy's stubby opponents also had good attributes but he was still able to beat all of them, whereas opponents who almost match him for height and reach consistently beat him, I don't think it's a coincidence. Would Alex with Costa's reach have beaten Izzy? He was favoured to beat Jan and Alex too, the "experts" believed he was better than he was.

No facts, only speculation...

I repeat the facts :

- He lost to Jan because he was the champion in a heavier weight class.

- He lost to Alex because he's one of the best kickboxer in the world + basically as big as a LHW.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back