Economy Disney cancels construction of new campus near Orlando due to politics

Trumps going to absolutely slaughter him because of this
"You can't even make a deal with a mouse and a duck and you think you Can make a deal with the Chinese, with the russians?"

"I would have had this deal done in 2 hours, besides my name is Donald, so we have alot in common"

"If you don't support our abuse of children and make us follow the same laws as everyone else, we won't send a couple thousand more woke Californians to your state"

<22>

This is a bogus comparison. If things continue in this direction Florida will lose a lot more in revenue than NYC did with the Amazon warehouse. And while AOC went out and rallied locals she never abused her power to dissuade Amazon's plans. Meatball Ron on the other hand is abusing his power against the state's largest employer to further his own political agenda.
Why do so many of you clowns keep pretending Disney is the "state's largest employer"? It's not even close. Disney has 57,000 Florida employees, Publix has 240,000 employees, and Publix isn't even #1.

Florida has like 23 million people, is up like 4 million in population in the last decade, Florida's and Texas have the top incoming migration in the country, California has the most outward migration, and it's supposed to be a threat that Disney isn't sending 13,000 far left California Disney employees to move there? Lol, watch out, Desantis better start castrating kids or they won't send him 13,000 "progressives".

Last edited:
Not to deviate from the popular "Disney Vs. DeSantis" theme of the thread, but does anyone think this COULD have something to do with last Thursday's near 10% drop in share price after earnings fell short of projections; coupled with a goal of cutting $5.5 Billion in 2023 spending?

The Parks & Experiences segment of the corporation fell over $100 million short of projections by itself with $7.78 expected vs $7.67 billion earned. The parks themselves were a strong point in Q1, but have fallen more in line recently, and it's hard to cut over $5,000,000,000, having just eliminated 7,000 jobs, while Iger has announced they will be spending big money on park upgrades. Maybe this project was a casualty of finances?

I don't think DeSantis is nearly as important to Disney as people like to think. He won't be governor forever, and this whole angle reeks of political finger pointing more than rational business decision driving.

IMO, this project was getting canceled with or without DeSantis, but why not seize the opportunity to place blame upon a rival? (See: Every incoming president with respect to the national economy, good or bad).

Last edited:
Why do so many of you clowns keep pretending Disney is the "state's largest employer"? It's not even close. Disney has 57,000 Florida employees, Publix has 240,000 employees, and Publix isn't even #1.

They're not pretending. @Rainbowwarrior4563 told them it was true. Therefore, it is true.

That’s employees in the entire company, not just Florida. Weird that you’d give Disney’s Florida only employee count, but Publix total count.
Publix is headquartered in Florida, Disney headquarters is in Burbank. Like 75% of Publix nationwide employees are in Florida.

This is how many publix stores are in each state.

Florida (856), Georgia (205), Alabama (88), South Carolina (68), Tennessee (55), North Carolina (53), Virginia (19), and Kentucky (5)

Last edited:
"If you don't support our abuse of children and make us follow the same laws as everyone else, we won't send a couple thousand more woke Californians to your state"

<22>

Florida has like 23 million people, is up like 4 million in population in the last decades, Florida's and Texas have the top incoming migration in the country, California has the most outward migration, and it's supposed to be a threat that Disney isn't sending 13,000 far left California Disney employees to move there? Lol, watch out, Desantis better start castrating kids or they won't send him 13,000 "progressives".
I stand corrected. I should have Googled that fact. Your migration claims might be true but without demographics it's hard to say you're making a good point.

They're not pretending. @Rainbowwarrior4563 told them it was true. Therefore, it is true.
I'm sure you've never made a mistake. Except for those 4 years you spent adulating a foreign President. <bball2>

I stand corrected. I should have Googled that fact. Your migration claims might be true but without demographics it's hard to say you're making a good point.
It's the biggest employer in the city of Orlando, but nobody outside of Orlando, and Orlando only has a population of 300,000 in a state of 23 million.

What about demographics? It's even worse for California compared to Florida if you consider demographics. Florida's migration is domestic migration, as is California's population loss. Their incoming migration is mostly illegals.

Last edited:
Hell be praised.

Hell or DeSantis? And for what? He retaliated against a private company who said mean things about one of his policies and as a result lost the state a billion dollar investment and thousands of new jobs. That's not what Republicans stand for. In fact it's pretty much the exact opposite.

Trump is going to clobber him over the head with this until he's a political corpse.

Last edited:
It's the biggest employer in the city of Orlando, but nobody outside of Orlando, and Orlando only has a population of 300,000 in a state of 23 million.

What about demographics? It's even worse for California compared to Florida if you consider demographics. Florida's migration is domestic migration, as is California's population loss. Their incoming migration is mostly illegals.
I mean Florida has always been one of the top states to retire so what percentage are old people? How many are high wage earners compared to unskilled unemployed people looking for work? Just the numbers themselves don't demonstrate who's better off.

But I do think a big part of that is now that I’m the one paying for the trips, I have a different outlook of where the extraordinary amount of money is going to and it kind of puts a damper on things a bit. I think that may be a big driver to the “used to be better” crowd.

I enjoy everything about vacations less now that I'm the one paying for it.

You fools keep saying Meatball Ron is winning.
The dude he just supported in Jacksonville Mayor race just got his shit pushed. Ron has been sucking so bad a Dem wion a Mayor race in Jacksonville. A fucking Dem won Jacksonville, I never thought that would ever happen. What a colossal L for Meatball.
Home owners insurance has double to tripled for everyone this year and the dude who wears lifts, Desantis promised to fix it but is too busy campaigning across America and fucking with the Mouse.
The Rajun Cajun famously said it’s the economy stupid. Ron hooked up the insurance companies with the last insurance bill and non partisan hacks are pissed. Wait until Ron starts taking L’s in court.
There is a reason locally Ron is referred to as Jeb 2.0. He should save everyone the trouble and not declare for President because he is going to be embarrassed.

It would suck to be relocated from California to Florida. Those employees are probably secretly grateful to Meatball.
I can assure you they are nowhere near as grateful as us Floridians, it's already too crowded down here.
The last thing we need are more migrants coming down here, especially if they are Disney employees from California.
giphy-downsized-large.gif

Back