Opinion Famous Robert E Lee monument in Charlottesville finally taken down

Yeah, I don't think Cadet Bone Spurs is particularly knowledgeable about the Civil War. He has a plaque commemorating a Civil War battle at one of his golf clubs. The battle never actually took place:

2000.jpeg

When informed that historians claimed this never took place, Trump responded, "How would they know that? Were they there?" Which of course makes one wonder how exactly Trump would know, since he also wasn't there. He was unable to name the historians he claimed had told him the site was known as the River of Blood, when asked. His only proof was his claim that the area was "a prime site for river crossings. So if people are crossing the river, and you happen to be in a civil war, I would say that people were shot – a lot of them."

losers aways want rematches.

typical narcissistic bully behavior. they only say they want to fight when they know the fight won't happen, but saying so will get them some spotlight back.

this should be Trump's moment. he went from being the world's most powerful man to playing commentary to a boxing match and pretty much begging the guy he lost to for attention so that he can feel important again. his cult is going to Desatan or Abbo with how insane and unapologetic they're acting, his debtors are calling in and thanks to his banishment from social media he can barely grow his base.

what's especially sad is the media would love to have him back for the ratings but he just doesn't pull like 2016 Trump did. he needs to come up with something soon because if this continues he'll be nothing more than America's drunken blurry mistake by 2024.

donald trump knows more about history than any other man. many men, intelligent men, geniuses, from all over the world would testify about how much of a history buff donald trump is. the greatest historian ever. greatest in the world.

here get a load of this one...

Nah, he was a real piece of shit. The "Kindly General Lee" is a myth (although I do admit that Johnny Cash song is really catchy. Hokey, but catchy).

He purposely broke up slave families, personally beat his slaves, was forced by a Virginia court to free slaves he was legally obliged to free but tried to renege on the deal, enslaved free black people of the north and brought them to the south, massacred black union soldiers who had surrendered, etc.

He also spent time as President of Washington College. Where students would abduct and rape black schoolgirls from newly created black schools in the area. Crimes he appeared indifferent to.

After the war he said, "that unless some humane course is adopted, based on wisdom and Christian principles, you do a gross wrong and injustice to the whole negro race in setting them free. And it is only this consideration that has led the wisdom, intelligence and Christianity of the South to support and defend the institution up to this time.” It was only the monumental Christian love the south had for blacks that made them act that way! They were looking out for black peoples' best interests!

TDS

Robert E Lee was a traitor. There's no reason to be glorifying a traitor with a statue, it's ridiculous.

It's hilarious when libtards evoke this traitor label, as if the very neo-liberal system and worldview isn't a complete violation and betrayal of everything that America as whole was at that time.

Or maybe you unironically believe that the people who fought the "traitors" actually fought for whites to become a minority, affirmative action policies, LGBT rights and feminism?

This iconoclasm has nothing to do with the Civil War, this is just part of the ongoing cultural destruction and historical desecration and erasure of Western civilisation and European people as a whole.

Our zionist overlords will not stop until every last statue and monument of a strong white man has been removed. This is cultural genocide and nothing more.

This iconoclasm has nothing to do with the Civil War, this is just part of the ongoing cultural destruction and historical desecration and erasure of Western civilisation and European people as a whole.

Our zionist overlords will not stop until every last statue and monument of a strong white man has been removed. This is cultural genocide and nothing more.

Wrong forum bud. I think you're looking for Storm Front. Enjoy your eventual ban though.

It's hilarious when libtards evoke this traitor label, as if the very neo-liberal system and worldview isn't a complete violation and betrayal of everything that America as whole was at that time.

Or maybe you unironically believe that the people who fought the "traitors" actually fought for whites to become a minority, affirmative action policies, LGBT rights and feminism?

So how exactly does "LGBT rights and feminism" contribute to whites becoming a minority?

So how exactly does "LGBT rights and feminism" contribute to whites becoming a minority?

As far as destroying the basic family structure by undermining the traditional roles of male and female and patriarchal culture, and thus reducing the birth rate...it most certainly plays a part. Flooding white communities with opiods and opening up the borders as a form of demographic warfare plays a more significant factor.

As far as destroying the basic family structure by undermining the traditional roles of male and female and patriarchal culture, and thus reducing the birth rate...it most certainly plays a part. Flooding white communities with opiods and opening up the borders as a form of demographic warfare plays a more significant factor.

So none of this applies to "non-white" communities? How exactly do you determine who is white?

So none of this applies to "non-white" communities? How exactly do you determine who is white?

Not when you start pushing these changes when the country was overwhelmingly white, no. It's not a coincidence that America gas gone from being an 85% white country to 55% in a matter of fifty years - that does not happen by accident.

The whole point of bringing up feminism and LGBT rights is highlighting the absurdity of liberals decrying men from 160 years ago as traitors when their own worldview is a betrayal of America itself. Neither side fought for your ridiculous neo-liberal ideology.

Not when you start pushing these changes when the country was overwhelmingly white, no. It's not a coincidence that America gas gone from being an 85% white country to 55% in a matter of fifty years - that does not happen by accident.

The whole point of bringing up feminism and LGBT rights is highlighting the absurdity of liberals decrying men from 160 years ago as traitors when their own worldview is a betrayal of America itself. Neither side fought for your ridiculous neo-liberal ideology.

Nice rant. You still didn't answer the question. It's also hilarious/sad that you've apparently equated "feminism an LGBT rights" to a literal armed rebellion against the government that killed hundreds of thousands of people.

Nice rant. You still didn't answer the question. It's also hilarious/sad that you've apparently equated "feminism an LGBT rights" to a literal armed rebellion against the government that killed hundreds of thousands of people.

I just explained to you why I brought it up, and I've explained how this has nothing at all to go with Confederate statues and monuments as a whole - we've seen that over the last eighteen months where numerous such statues and monuments not remotely related to the Confederacy have been removed.

I think this is the first time I've heard great replacement openly argued on Sherdog.

It gets hinted at all the time and there are people who are obviously terrified by it but white nationalist dogma out in the open is pretty creepy.

I think this is the first time I've heard great replacement openly argued on Sherdog.

It gets hinted at all the time and there are people who are obviously terrified by it but white nationalist dogma out in the open is pretty creepy.

Well, there's nothing really to argue at this point - demographics across the West have changed so rapidly in such a short period of time that it's no longer a matter of debate. It's really only an outlandish conspiracy theory if you think it's a bad thing.

Personally, I find celebrating the demise of a people to be more creepy than highlighting it actually happening

Well, there's nothing really to argue at this point - demographics across the West have changed so rapidly in such a short period of time that it's no longer a matter of debate. It's really only an outlandish conspiracy theory if you think it's a bad thing.

Personally, I find celebrating the demise of a people to be more creepy than highlighting it actually happening

The demise of a people?

The world is in flux as it's always been.

America was a profoundly racist country throughout most of it's history, you should celebrate the fact it's better now than it's ever been. Slowly but surely things are getting better.

Part of the reason for the lower % of Whites is because prior to the 70s Hispanics were considered White, because there are a lot of White Hispanics. The rest of the reason is the post 1965 immigration Act and illegal immigration.

I wouldn’t be surprised if his posts get some likes by this time tomorrow.

I saw that Lee, from the waist up was seperated from the rest of the statue. I was wondering why they need to cut the statue with a reciprocating saw, the reason give is that so that it would fit under highway overpasses.

Obviously all attempts should have been made to keep it intact, but logistic got in the way. It's about 21 feet tall, while the max truck height allowed by most states is 13 feet 6 inches. It is 14 feet in some places.
https://oversize.io/regulations/height-limits-clearance-by-state

https://www.wtvr.com/news/local-news/why-crews-cut-the-robert-e-lee-statue-into-pieces

This is going to be the norm. 10 years from now it's going to be seen as ridiculous that there were people outraged about not having public monuments to Confederates.

Hard to believe that statement is real. Wtf is Trump talking about, honestly. Is this the famous trolling of his?

Back