Former UFC Elite Prospect Horiguchi Gets Destroyed in Rizin 18

Kyoji is fighting out of his natural division in Rizin and Bellator. Inevitable this will happen.
I’m already sick and tired of hearing this excuse. Askaura fought at flyweight in a Road FC before getting picked up by RIZIN. He also got KTFO’d there by Jae-Hoon Moon.

How was it short-lived? And what do you mean by hype? He came into the UFC in 2013 as a hyped prospect. Earned a title fight against the UFC's self-proclaimed GOAT in 2015. After that fight, from the end of '15- most of 2019 he went undefeated fighting in 2 weight classes and became a simultaneous champ in Bellator and Rizin. I'm starting to notice you go full retard a lot or are just clueless in general.

I guarantee you were one of the UFC only idiot fans that thought Roy Nelson was a great fighter. Probably picked him to win against the actual top fighters that he faced too when anyone with a clue knew he always looked like a punching bag.
He has mma fan logic. You could be the greatest mma fighter of all time lose 1 fight and people will say you were overrated and short lived.

I’m already sick and tired of hearing this excuse. Askaura fought at flyweight in a Road FC before getting picked up by RIZIN. He also got KTFO’d there by Jae-Hoon Moon.

Eggzacktly.

That’s insane. Gooch looked unstoppable during that undefeated run. He must’ve taken this guy lightly. They have to run that back.

That’s insane. Gooch looked unstoppable during that undefeated run. He must’ve taken this guy lightly. They have to run that back.
I think he just lost to be honest. No need to comprehend it with the "he took him lightly" mentality. Horiguchi's not like that. He's just naturally an aggressive fighter and this time it didn't work.

Last edited:
Overhyped by little hipsters anyway

Mouse murdered him

Sweet his fans always annoyed me. "He could beat MM in a re-match" oh stfu....

Anyone have a gif I ain't watching that fight.

Guessing all those fanboys who talked about him beating Cejudo will quiet down now, just like those Moose fanboys, well that or claim his opponent was juicing.

Overhyped by little hipsters anyway

Mouse murdered him
That was a long time ago. Guchi has improved a lot since then, and he's one of the best 35ers in the world, despite a rough, flukey loss here.

Jorge mentioned in an interview that he felt Horiguchi was easily the best fighter at ATT and would consistently smash everyone in sparring.

Sometimes you lose, is Hori supposed to be a can now?

He lost, it's not the end of the world.

As expected from a hype job, says a lot about Bellators 135 division.

When you fight 5-6 times a year, shit happens. Especially fighting bigger guys.

WTF... he is fighting 135ers and has a hectic schedule...... hype job??? Who isnt a hype job then???? List the fighters that arent hype jobs??? lol... It seems some of you dont even watch the fights... just little omegas.

WTF... he is fighting 135ers and has a hectic schedule...... hype job??? Who isnt a hype job then???? List the fighters that arent hype jobs??? lol... It seems some of you dont even watch the fights... just little omegas.

Your new around here

Any fighter with a fan base who loses is automatically a hype job and was never really that good

Also — he was never my friend

Sometimes you lose, is Hori supposed to be a can now?

He lost, it's not the end of the world.
According to consensus in this thread, yes he is a can.

No, he is not a can. Newsflash! MMA fighters lose, even lose to guys whom they are better than. It’s a crazy sport.

Back