Former UFC Elite Prospect Horiguchi Gets Destroyed in Rizin 18

Overhyped by little hipsters anyway

Mouse murdered him
Yeap. Woulda got slaughtered by Cejudo to but you had people in here saying he'd come back to the ufc and kill everyone.

He’s been too active and that was a fluke

It's bound to happen when you fight as often as Kyoji does. He'll bounce back and defend his bellator belt.

He had 2 fights this year and 3 last year, the guy he fought was supposedly a can and was supposed to lose easily lol

4 last year, including the kickboxing fight against Tenshin. And 3 this year so far, including the Asakura fight. 5 the previous year. Anyway the point being he stays active. And Asakura isn't really a can, he's a good prospect. He should have been easy work for Guchi, but Guchi got clipped and brawled with a brawler. Shit happens. Horiguchi is still one of the best fighters P4P

Eh, I will give him a pass since it looked like a father in there with his son.

Lol at haters here.
How about ufc ex golden boy sage that got KO'd into oblivion first fight against real competition.
The competition is a little bit better outside the ufc.

1 (71).gif

Your new around here

Any fighter with a fan base who loses is automatically a hype job and was never really that good

Also — he was never my friend
Lol.. Sorry I am new.. and I was triggered... as Horiguchi is literally one of the best 125lbers to ever exist in the history of human kind... and some pudding dweeb is calling him a hype job... go figure

Saw that, surprising.

I wouldn't rule him out in a rematch against MM though. MM is beginning to wane a bit nowadays. He hasn't looked amazing in ONE FC and is fighting lesser competition than his weakest UFC title defences (Borg, Reis etc), albeit guys who are probably on roids.

He should have retired years ago, he has always been mediocre, he has done nothing for us real fans lately

That was a long time ago. Guchi has improved a lot since then, and he's one of the best 35ers in the world, despite a rough, flukey loss here.

Hipster confirmed

Yeap. Woulda got slaughtered by Cejudo to but you had people in here saying he'd come back to the ufc and kill everyone.

There’s a reason he’s in Japan where ‘the competition is a little easier’
-Kenny Florian

The guy he lost to isn't a scrub, was 12-1 coming into the fight. He hadn't beaten anyone of real name, but the Japanese circuit there are lots of lesser known names, that's the way it is now.

For the UFC-only fans, it seems if someone loses outside the UFC, they are automatically straight up a 'can' beaten by another 'can'..... yet if that same fight took place in the UFC, we have a new 'hot prospect' (as long as they are from certain nations).... its weird thinking

Back