Former UFC Elite Prospect Horiguchi Gets Destroyed in Rizin 18

Bunch of people in this thread probably didn't watch UFC when Horiguchi was on the roster.

Overhyped by little hipsters anyway

Mouse murdered him
If he's overhyped for losing at 135 then what does that make MM who's been having competitive fights in One?

Yeap. Woulda got slaughtered by Cejudo to but you had people in here saying he'd come back to the ufc and kill everyone.

I think the fact that he's better than practically everyone at 125 other than MM and Cejudo is testament to his ability. He also just lost to a 135 pound fighter who dwarfed him, and the guy fights about every three months. The only people knocking him are ignorant clowns who are obsessed with the UFC alone and probably don't even watch the majority of events.

Kai Asakura is one of the top prospects coming up in Rizin, inexperienced MMA, yes... if you think the guy is a can you need to educate yourself. The fight looked like Kai had two weight classes on Kyoji, it wasn’t a KO IMO but a TKO... this is all low hanging fruit and I’m not even a big Rizin or Horiguchi fan
<36>

A guy has a bad night and he was never any good. Crazy.

Sometimes you lose, is Hori supposed to be a can now?

He lost, it's not the end of the world.

This...

Never understood this mentality from fans..

Two guys go into the ring and cage each time and only one can come out the winner barring a draw ..sometimes you win ..sometimes you lose..its part of the rules in all sports

fuuuuck, he lost?

dude is one of my favourites, that fuckin sucks.

lol at anyone shitting on him in here, dude is still one of the best flyweights/bantamweights in the world, natural flyweight putting bantamweights and featherweights on their ass. who in the fuck wouldn't be a fan of horiguchi? he just got caught by a big ass BW who honestly looked like a FW and couldn't recover, shit happens.

Last edited:
Not a can, also not the better than Cejudo or MM that people were claiming.
Honestly, we’ll never know, since they fight in three different promotions. The hype for Cedoodoo right now is just as ridiculous.
He had 2 fights this year and 3 last year, the guy he fought was supposedly a can and was supposed to lose easily lol

Nobody was calling Asakura a can.
Saw that, surprising.

I wouldn't rule him out in a rematch against MM though. MM is beginning to wane a bit nowadays. He hasn't looked amazing in ONE FC and is fighting lesser competition than his weakest UFC title defences (Borg, Reis etc), albeit guys who are probably on roids.
Or, just maybe, the fighters in ONE are better than you think.

Horiguchi didn't lose his title? Champions having non title-fights is weird.
It’s absolutely retarded.

I think the fact that he's better than practically everyone at 125 other than MM and Cejudo is testament to his ability. He also just lost to a 135 pound fighter who dwarfed him, and the guy fights about every three months. The only people knocking him are ignorant clowns who are obsessed with the UFC alone and probably don't even watch the majority of events.

Asakura has multiple fights at 125lbs.

Not sure if trolling or retarded.

The Asakura siblings have been heavily promoted by Rizin.

Mikuru Asakura (Kai Asakura's brother), just headlined Rizin 17.

Their sister, Kanna Asakura, headlined Rizin 11. Kyoji Horiguchi was the co-main event on this card.
Look in the mirror, you will see both

Overhyped by little hipsters anyway

Mouse murdered him

Not saying he would beat MM in a rematch, but he was only 24 yrs old when they fought. I mean there probably isn't a 24 yr old at that weight class in MMA who would not have been completely dominated by MM at that point

Great KO by Kai Asakura!

Not saying he would beat MM in a rematch, but he was only 24 yrs old when they fought. I mean there probably isn't a 24 yr old at that weight class in MMA who would not have been completely dominated by MM at that point

Too many hipsters in this thread for me
Im out

Caldwell nearly got him with flying knee but he didn't take it seriously and failed to do homework to prevent.

Kai asakura says his camp had the right strategy which was to counter the right cross.

Tenshin Nasukawa says the challenger won because he had no fear in the exchanges.

MMA isn't a kickboxing match. If you get rocked, sometimes it is necessary to lay on your back to recover.

Every great fighter loses sometimes. Doesn't mean they suck or are cans. lol.

Great KO by Kai Asakura!

No idea who that was but he had an absolute zapper for a right hand

People here saying everybody loses but that ass kicking reminded me a bit of Penn vs Uno in its thoroughness

i mean, after the weigh-in pics were posted, the rizin thread was loaded with people expecting this exact result.

there appeared to be a substantial size difference.

Will have to see how he bounces back

Size difference or not that was a confidence destroyer

Back