Forza Horizon 5 coming November 2021

Played just a bit last night, have it on Extreme settings at 4K, game looks fantastic. Even just experiencing the different vehicles was a blast.

Seems I hit a bug that’s affecting the PC version where the game crashes after the opening race sequence. Basically it’s after the part where you pick your avatar. I’ve seen some reporting they can’t progress past there. It was late so I haven’t had a chance to go through it again or try any troubleshooting but I’ll be pretty disappointed if I can’t even play the thing.
Damn, I hope they can fix it. The game looks damn gorgeous when youre in a car and driving around the world. Just wish the same level of detail was the same for the people and characters. But it is a car game and not everything has TLOU level of polish.

As for the game, I dont know if I enjoy the gameplay loop. Its restrictive, and Id have liked a more free form type of racing thats a little more arcadey. I think imma have to drop it.

Damn, I hope they can fix it. The game looks damn gorgeous when youre in a car and driving around the world. Just wish the same level of detail was the same for the people and characters. But it is a car game and not everything has TLOU level of polish.

As for the game, I dont know if I enjoy the gameplay loop. Its restrictive, and Id have liked a more free form type of racing thats a little more arcadey. I think imma have to drop it.
Watched DF’s PC breakdown today and it’s a little mediocre tbh. Seems like they’ve skipped a few corners for the PC version that should put it head and shoulders above the X.

They’ve got a bit of work to do post launch.

Watched DF’s PC breakdown today and it’s a little mediocre tbh. Seems like they’ve skipped a few corners for the PC version that should put it head and shoulders above the X.

They’ve got a bit of work to do post launch.
It was my first Forza, and I know Horizon is meant to be more arcadey but nah. I just dont like how most cars feel even when I turn everything manual.

I've just played about an hour into it. Shit review, because I'm not being paid.

I played it on the Xbox One S.

Mexico may be a better playground than the UK was. It's a lot more elevated, has a big arse volcano to drive up, looks brighter and prettier and so far, the roads seem more forgiving.

Just went on the rock radio station for a bit. So far, music and soundtrack both seem to be more enjoyable.

Your character can talk now! And he sounds like a wanker! Other characters seem pretty...meh...so far FH4 has that beat.

I experienced a bit of slowdown when I crashed into a rock during a race, and the side of the volcano looked pretty shite, until I drove closer to it. Wasn't game breaking, but it made me appreciate FH4 a bit more.

How it plays? It's Forza. It feels similar, though my car feels a little...heavier? Or is it just me?

I need a bit more time with this game, but so far, I'm leaning to FH4 being a bit more polished, though the ideas in FH5 are better. Still, if you like cars, you should enjoy it.

Still can’t get into play without crashing. New texture issues appeared that weren’t there before and the game no longer registers my display as HDR compatible.

Uninstalling this mess, I’ll come back when they fix it.

Have it downloading now. Working from home tomorrow so should have plenty of time to test it out.

I suck at sim style racing games, so I nerfed the settings and am having a blast with it. I honestly haven't really gotten into a racing game since the first Dirt game on my 360. It looks and runs awesome on my Seriea X too.

I bought a wheel and pedal(s) a couple of years ago, but I thought the experience sucked. The whole force feedback thing feels awkward as fuck imo. I still have it and its compatible with my Series X, so maybe I'll dust it off and give it another shot for this game.

This game is awesome and absolutely beautiful

images

It’s dope, runs beautifully on series x. Having a great time. I’ve heard that pc users are experiencing a ton of bullshit though.

Game is fantastic. Looks, sounds and plays great. My only real complaint is I find the non-racing presentation a little sloppy and a lot overwhelming. This is my first FH game so maybe they just expect everyone knows what all this shit is but I sure as hell don't know the difference between XP and an accolade.

Couldn't even get it to run on PC. It boots up the logo and thats it. Rebooted my PC, tried again, same issue. Not going to bother trying to TS this beyond that. Can't remember the last time I had a game on PC not even get beyond the initial boot up.

Couldn't even get it to run on PC. It boots up the logo and thats it. Rebooted my PC, tried again, same issue. Not going to bother trying to TS this beyond that. Can't remember the last time I had a game on PC not even get beyond the initial boot up.
Maybe have a look at your firewall settings? Its usually the case as to why a game doesnt boot for me.
Game is fantastic. Looks, sounds and plays great. My only real complaint is I find the non-racing presentation a little sloppy and a lot overwhelming. This is my first FH game so maybe they just expect everyone knows what all this shit is but I sure as hell don't know the difference between XP and an accolade.
Same here, its just not interestin enough and lacks any meaningful progression imo.

Maybe have a look at your firewall settings? Its usually the case as to why a game doesnt boot for me.

Yea I have it turned off. I always turn off the firewall but maybe it got turned back on. I'll have to check that.

Same here, its just not interestin enough and lacks any meaningful progression imo.

Yep the biggest reason I don't think I'll like the game. With GT on Ps4 I enjoyed it because of the progression system. They had a whole training grounds that taught you everything and the better you did the more cars and rewards you got. Then once you complete that you start unlocking races\cars\tracks. It was great. Some races only let you use certain cars. I need that kind of system in a racing game or I just don't enjoy it nearly as much.

Yea I have it turned off. I always turn off the firewall but maybe it got turned back on. I'll have to check that.

Yep the biggest reason I don't think I'll like the game. With GT on Ps4 I enjoyed it because of the progression system. They had a whole training grounds that taught you everything and the better you did the more cars and rewards you got. Then once you complete that you start unlocking races\cars\tracks. It was great. Some races only let you use certain cars. I need that kind of system in a racing game or I just don't enjoy it nearly as much.
I also really dont like how restrictive the races are. I enjoy racin games where Im rewarded for shortcuts, or usin tricks to pass by etc. But the game appeals to certain people, and its fuckin deep in terms of tuning, and finding a feel for a car. Im also not a fan of the microtransaction shit of unlocking cars. 'Pay real money and unlock these cool cars'.......yeah no thanks.

I'm tempted to buy an XSX for this, its one of the only exclusives I'm interested in, the Forza series in general look like a competitive, but fun racing game too

I'll give Gran Turismo a shot, but I'm not sure

I also really dont like how restrictive the races are. I enjoy racin games where Im rewarded for shortcuts, or usin tricks to pass by etc. But the game appeals to certain people, and its fuckin deep in terms of tuning, and finding a feel for a car. Im also not a fan of the microtransaction shit of unlocking cars. 'Pay real money and unlock these cool cars'.......yeah no thanks.

Can the cars be unlocked through game progress or only real money?

Back