Forza Horizon 5 coming November 2021

Can the cars be unlocked through game progress or only real money?
Progress and/or microtransactions. And there are many different types, with basically all the famous and popular brands.

Yea I have it turned off. I always turn off the firewall but maybe it got turned back on. I'll have to check that.

Yep the biggest reason I don't think I'll like the game. With GT on Ps4 I enjoyed it because of the progression system. They had a whole training grounds that taught you everything and the better you did the more cars and rewards you got. Then once you complete that you start unlocking races\cars\tracks. It was great. Some races only let you use certain cars. I need that kind of system in a racing game or I just don't enjoy it nearly as much.
Yeah it feels really bloated in all the wrong places. I'm a car enthusiast but the game focuses more attention on the Horizon festival and my avatar than it does the cars.

Still enjoying it a lot but I think im going to prefer Gran Turismo.

Progress and/or microtransactions. And there are many different types, with basically all the famous and popular brands.

As long as you can get it through progress that's fine with me.

Couldn't even get it to run on PC. It boots up the logo and thats it. Rebooted my PC, tried again, same issue. Not going to bother trying to TS this beyond that. Can't remember the last time I had a game on PC not even get beyond the initial boot up.

What antivirus are you running?

Yeah it feels really bloated in all the wrong places. I'm a car enthusiast but the game focuses more attention on the Horizon festival and my avatar than it does the cars.

I mean the sim Forza is likely coming out next year.. which is being built on the next iteration of Forza Tech. Probably more up your street and directly akin to Gran Turismo.

Forza Horizon has always been more about the exploration, environments/map and arcadey racing..

Game looks and runs great on my series S. I'm enjoying it quite a bit. Mexico is really well done.

I don't think you can really compare the two. I've sunk more time into GranTurismo than any other franchise by far and 7 will be the reason I get a PS5 but I'm also enjoying Forza quite a bit.

I don't think you can really compare the two. I've sunk more time into GranTurismo than any other franchise by far and 7 will be the reason I get a PS5 but I'm also enjoying Forza quite a bit.
I'm not necessarily comparing the two. This is my first Forza Horizon and really first open world racing game and that said I think the game is great and probably the best possible version of an open world racing game there could be today. But in terms of personal preference I would say I definitely prefer GT more.

I've fallen off this game hard. It has the terrible combination of over saturation of content yet seemingly zero progression system. I've got more things than I know what to do with but none of it seems meaningful and all the races just feel the same.

Couldn't even get it to run on PC. It boots up the logo and thats it. Rebooted my PC, tried again, same issue. Not going to bother trying to TS this beyond that. Can't remember the last time I had a game on PC not even get beyond the initial boot up.
Nobody else is as ambitious or doing as much with shit like cross-platform multiplayer and cloud syncing, but Microsoft is still a babe in the woods when it comes to stability. All kinds of issues with AAA monsters, especially the ones with more features, not just Forza 5.

Had me thinking for a moment...

Dead Rising 2. Loved the first game but never got the 2nd one. Waited for a big STEAM sale. Picked it up and..... it didn't fuckin' work... Tried it at least 20-30 times...

I got a new comp so maybe it'll work now.. come to think of it... i'll download it and try it sometime. lol

They fix this for PC yet?

They fix this for PC yet?
Why whats wrong?

If you cant launch, turn off your firewall/antivirus. Some other troubleshootig may fix the issue, maybe adding '-dx12' to your target in the properties of the shortcut etc.

Why whats wrong?

If you cant launch, turn off your firewall/antivirus. Some other troubleshootig may fix the issue, maybe adding '-dx12' to your target in the properties of the shortcut etc.
I can’t get past the intro race. It was a known issue they said they were working on and then had to delay it further.

I can’t get past the intro race. It was a known issue they said they were working on and then had to delay it further.
Running it on PC no issues so far other then it reminds me a lot of Forza 4 but with more talking.

I haven't had any issues on PC, myself.

I’ll download any updates today and give it another go. Would love to get into it.

Reactions: PEB
Back