General MMA discussion and future lines - June 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bisping GSP thoughts? Bisping is the better striker but can GSP ground Bisping for long periods? I'm not sure he can. Who would be favourite - GSP just?

Tricky one really as we haven't seen gsps power double against a middleweight yet.. Trying to think of a middleweight he's fought who's gone down to welter?..

Bisping has good tdd but is also good at getting back up via walk walk etc so maybe he does get back up unless in the centre of the cage.

I would probably pick GSP Dec (shock) as he knows how to fight at range if need be or go for takedowns, Should he be getting tuned up on the feet.
Can't see him stopping Bisping but I also can't see Bisping landing anything too substantial if gsp can get the takedown..

Last edited:
Bisping GSP thoughts? Bisping is the better striker but can GSP ground Bisping for long periods? I'm not sure he can. Who would be favourite - GSP just?
GSP 50-45. I expect him to be the favourite for sure.

The guys on the Co-Main Event podcast had an interesting observation about GSP announcing that he wanted to come back to the UFC and that his first preference was to fight Michael Bisping. They said it was akin to when Randy Couture had lost the Light Heavyweight Championship to Chuck Liddell and retired for the first time and saw Tim Sylvia was the UFC Heavyweight champion and thought to himself, despite the higher weight class, "Shit, I can beat that guy".

The guys on the Co-Main Event podcast had an interesting observation about GSP announcing that he wanted to come back to the UFC and that his first preference was to fight Michael Bisping. They said it was akin to when Randy Couture had lost the Light Heavyweight Championship to Chuck Liddell and retired for the first time and saw Tim Sylvia was the UFC Heavyweight champion and thought to himself, despite the higher weight class, "Shit, I can beat that guy".
I don't see it the same way.

Sylvia was big, slow, had no ground game, and was basically a crappy boxer with baby leg kicks. Randy had several advantages with his wrestling, submissions, and speed.

Bisping will have the size advantage, has superior foot movement, boxing, striking output, good but not elite TDD, and has been actively fighting for years.

I'd take Bisping over GSP if they fought.

I don't see it the same way.

Sylvia was big, slow, had no ground game, and was basically a crappy boxer with baby leg kicks. Randy had several advantages with his wrestling, submissions, and speed.

Bisping will have the size advantage, has superior foot movement, boxing, striking output, good but not elite TDD, and has been actively fighting for years.

I'd take Bisping over GSP if they fought.
You make good points about the matchup, but I think the observation is about what GSP is thinking about his comeback bout and his potential to win it, whether rightly or wrongly.

Its great to see underdog guys like Diaz and Bisping become the new big names. These guys put in their time and have been under appreciated relative to the stars

How exactly is DJ ITD odds that far away from DJ ML lol.... Not only Reis gasses quickly, the striking battle is a bigger mismatch than Mendes McKenzie or Rumble Lil Nog.

2.10.... Jesus christ. Gonna smash that line later today

How exactly is DJ ITD odds that far away from DJ ML lol.... Not only Reis gasses quickly, the striking battle is a bigger mismatch than Mendes McKenzie or Rumble Lil Nog.

2.10.... Jesus christ. Gonna smash that line later today
Fight does not go to distance is +115 (2.15) :)

5dimes has removed props for that fight for some reason, probably temporarily.
Unibet has DJ ITD @2.10 also

I played that with 5/5 Units as well at 2.0 Unibet, feels like a super good bet.

Loving O2.5 -140 in the Lawler/Woodley fight. Both these guys are passive and I dont really see neither guy forcing the action early.

adding more on cyborg-honda +225

I dont think this fight will happen but if it does no way cyborg will be +225

Glory lines up on unibet

Van roosmalem +180

I thought he lost that first fight but it was close and this is in Holland

Any thoughts on Legacy AXS fight? Peterson v. Vazquez.... I don't know these guys.

Lines up on 5d.

wanted to make an withdrawal on 5d but the only available options are bitcoin and ata

what happend to skrill and neteller?

adding more on cyborg-honda +225

I dont think this fight will happen but if it does no way cyborg will be +225

yeah i was going to hit that a few weeks back but then heard ronda is likely to be out for the year, and I think they will get cancelled if the fight doesn't happen in the next 6 months. didn't fancy the tied up funds, even if the odds are so obviously out of whack.

wanted to make an withdrawal on 5d but the only available options are bitcoin and ata

what happend to skrill and neteller?

seriously what is it with US books and there terrible withdrawal options? betonline will only let me withdraw for free once a month!! and it has to be on a friday. some still have withdrawal fee's dont they? US books are so far behind euro ones with the cashier options available...

Hi guys!

I placed a 13$ 12 team parlay(8/12 already hit) with a possible 65717$ pay out!

I am usually against hedging but this would be my biggest win ever and a significant cash out for me outside of betting as well, so I am nervous about the play even though I really liked some of these plays a lot more before the hail marry got a real chance of hitting.

Nevertheless, I've got Roy Nelson ITD, TJ Dillashaw, Cat Zingano and Lesnar/Hunt UNDER 0,5 rounds(150 seconds) left to cash in on the parlay.

Right now I am thinking about two ways to go about this but am open to hear your suggestions as well as I haven't made up my mind yet.

Option 1: No hedge on Roy or TJ, big hedge on Pena, and if the parlay is still alive a big hedge on Over 0,5 on Lesnar/Hunt.

Option 2: Heding all the fights one by one. I haven't put much thought into the amount on the possible hedges though.

I've never wanted fights to get cancelled as much as I want these fights to get cancelled.

Any advice for a fellow degen on how you would handle this situation?

Cowboy Cerrone vs Rick Story announced for UFC 202

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back