Glover Teixeira: Ngannou Shut Up 'Boxing Guys Who Don’t Know S—t About Fighting'

giphy.gif

Rip Matthew

What about Ray Mercer?

I think how it would generally play out if these crossovers happened both ways on a regular basis is boxers would actually get a quick punchers chance KO win maybe 10-20% of the time in MMA, but lose quickly and easily the rest of the time. Whereas MMA fighters would win a lot less in boxing, but generally wouldnt look as bad in their losses.

Plenty of boxers, if they actually trained for MMA seriously for a decent period of time, could transition successfully. But you cant be "just" a boxer and succeed consistently, you need to become a mixed martial artist with a boxing base.

All the boxing guys were going off the assumption that this fight would go the same way most boxing matches go with MMA guys.
What those boxing guys didn't account for is Ngannous heart and determination.

I don't know where this all brings Francis but I hope only good things come his way after all he's been through to get this far.
Well put, sir

Only boxer I was ever impressed with was the guy who fought Ken Shamrock at UFC 3.

Glover sounds bitter that he dedicated his life to MMA…only to be able to afford a rancher and have to be given a vehicle by Alex Pereira.
I remember reading that Glover grew up really poor and didn't even have electricity at times in his village?

He's a made man today. Former UFC LHW Champion. He started his journey a very long time ago, training with the likes of Chuck Liddell. Chuck always spoke highly of Glover. It just took a very long time for Glover's visa work to get done, to get him to fight in the UFC.

Potan seems to respect Glover to the moon and back as well. So, some of the most dangerous fighters in the world respect this man, who is now a great Coach and training the next generation of champions... and you're here calling him bitter.

You have to remember, boxers really looked down on MMA for a very long time. Didn't Bob Arum call it gay for having men grapple? Floyd in his prime didn't even acknowledge MMA.

It's been a long time coming.

lol Francis lost the fight. What a bunch of delusional weirdos with these threads.

lol Francis lost the fight. What a bunch of delusional weirdos with these threads.

For one, this. He didn't actually win, though it was close. Still, a close fight in the HW division against an unmotivated Fury is the biggest thing MMA fans can point to as a "gotcha"? Everyone knows the HW division has been pretty bad for years now, and it is also common knowledge that even against much bigger opponents than Ngannou, Fury is known for partying too much, doing too much nosecandy, and showing up in bad shape and unmotivated. Most HW's these days are in pretty bad shape, and Ngannou clearly took his training very seriously and showed up in incredible shape and the smaller, but faster man, which IMO helped him out quite a bit too. I mean, the best HW boxers of all time were pretty much all in great shape, at least in their primes and generally giants like Fury don't do as well at HW because they are slow and plodding.

But i doubt an upset like that would ever happen at any of the lower weight classes. LHW and under basically. 99% of MMA fighters would get absolutely manhandled against the best boxers in their respective divisions.

I don't get how people don't understand that Fury put on a show and never had any intention of finishing Frank and just coasted to a victory letting Frank have a moment with that knock down.

That only makes boxing look worse though....YouTubers picking it up and competing with life long boxers like Tommy Fury.

MMA has wins over boxing: Artem beat Paulie, Pettis beat Roy Jones, Anderson beat Chavez, Vitor smashed Holyfield, and of course Ngannou for all intents and purposes beat Fury. MMA fighters have had much less success against YouTubers....
What ? Never a MMA Fighter in His Prime fight a YouTuber, Paul only fight against Old Fighters who are in the end of carrer.

Alex Poatan eat Alive Any YouTuber in Boxing.

If they really believe that then go on send O'Malley to Gervonta, or make Dustin Vs Canelo LOL

Back