1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »
Violence/Genocide: Do not condone violence or genocide on a person or group of people. You are free to attack a person or groups ideas but you are crossing the line when calling for violence. This will be heavily enforced in threads with breaking news involving victims.

Social Half of Florida hospitalized covid patients are 25-55 years old, 96% unvaccinated

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by HockeyBjj, Aug 3, 2021.

1. StoneColdSteveAustin Silver Belt

you really need to know why the biggest metropolitan hub in the United States was hit the hardest?

NJ, Penn, Conn, and NY state all commute into manhattan on a daily basis. Millions of people in and out on a daily basis. Huge numbers using mass transit.

it’s not hard to figure out why it was hit so hard early on. Florida is a huge state that has nothing even comparable to manhattan. Nothing.

2. Queen B Fully Vaccinated

Florida was warned,

Like Cuomo said, the virus came from Italy, and was circulating in NY for months

Florida didnt experience a wave until April/May, and they had no excuse to have a summer wave last year as they do now

3. Queen B Fully Vaccinated

The hospital numbers keep exploding

4. The XL Silver Belt

Hospital numbers "exploding" yet deaths are very low. How about that.

5. Joe :l

Good thing hospital bills are low in america

6. Queen B Fully Vaccinated

Deaths are a lagging indicator.

I forgot Republicans dont know how the virus works

[​IMG]

dirtypablo and HockeyBjj like this.
  7. fingercuffs Bills Mafia Platinum Member

Why do you want to throw overweight people into the gutter?

8. fingercuffs Bills Mafia Platinum Member

Ahahaha. I have insurance and my breast cancer still cost a fortune.

9. StoneColdSteveAustin Silver Belt

Some of you guys are hopelessly stupid.

just because people aren’t dying in mass numbers doesn’t mean these people who are hospitalized aren’t going to have life long problems from the virus. Just because someone “doesn’t die” doesn’t mean they had a walk in the park. There are people who took an entire year to fully recover from the virus and will be saddled with problems for the rest of their lives.

SaucyJack and HockeyBjj like this.
  10. Merlotte's Gold Belt

Shortage of beds? Make more beds.

11. A Very Serious Cat Silver Belt

Who said I want to do that?

12. The XL Silver Belt

They made their bed. Why does everyone else have to suffer for it?

13. fingercuffs Bills Mafia Platinum Member

Well I'm alright, because I'm vaccinated.

StoneColdSteveAustin likes this.
  14. fingercuffs Bills Mafia Platinum Member

Okay, I apologise for not admiring your compassion.

15. A Very Serious Cat Silver Belt

It's a genuine question, if the people being hospitalized are already unhealthy it is a different situation to healthy people ending up in hospital

16. Grassshoppa Brown Belt

Precisely. It's an apocalypse! No more ICU beds! We're all doomed! Hospitals are overrun! The ER is spilling out into the parking lot! Bodies in the streets!

Yet we don't see any new construction of COVID hospitals do we? Thought we were in the midst of the most deadly pandemic the world has ever seen that requires forced vaccines, forced masks, forced closure of businesses/schools/churches, etc. But no emergency government funding to build hospitals? Oh wait, that's right, this is a political agenda based on gov/tech/big pharm control that's designed to keep you in your house forever and kill the Republican party. That's why no COVID hospitals have been built.

Fucking LOL at the people that believe the Democratic propaganda that hospitals are full and the virus is out of control. If it really were that bad then you wouldn't need MSM to constantly blast propaganda on every channel and every website 24/7 and you'd see the construction of new hospitals and COVID ICU annexes like you haven't seen since the production during WWI and WWII. Bah. Bah. Sheep.

17. Loiosh Detective Platinum Member

I'm not seeing it because it isn't there.

They said they didn't trust Trump, because Trump could never be trusted. Harris said she would absolutely trust Fauci and medical professionals, but she wouldn't trust Trump unless they agreed with him. Cuomo went a bit farther and said NY was going to do their own approvals, and I don't think it was completely unreasonable when you consider the pressure Trump was putting on the CDC and FDA. The CDC had to take down the measures they recommended and put up new ones approved by Trump. That's banana republic level fascism.

You're taking comments made by politicians who didn't trust Trump and trying to direct that mistrust to the science.

They didn't trust Trump, because nobody should trust Trump.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2021
  18. Loiosh Detective Platinum Member

It's a bit more complicated than you make it sound, but a lot of places did exactly that.

Complicated in that it just isn't beds, it's intensive care capacity expressed as "beds". Also when you're dealing with a dangerous contagion it changes everything about the way a hospital processes every kind of patient. I had other issues and before I could get into a hospital I had to pass several checks to mitigate against the possibility I was bringing in the contagion.

Merlotte's likes this.
  19. Loiosh Detective Platinum Member

You don't need new hospitals, and it wasn't the hospitals that were packed, it was the strain on intensive care capacity.

Plenty of locations were forced to build new facilities to handle the increased pressure on ICUs, while the hospitals were basically empty. Just as critical was the number of health care professionals available, my 80 year old father came out of retirement to help out because there are just so many people adequately trained for intensive care. Here in Quebec there were daily messages from our premier begging doctors from other medical professions to help out, and their unions said they would only do so if paid the standard they were accustomed to. Many wouldn't do it for any amount of money because they didn't sign up to be on the front lines of a dangerous pandemic.

20. fingercuffs Bills Mafia Platinum Member

The problem is, regardless of pre existing conditions age and being obese, the hospitalistions are going spastic again.