Crime "I cant breathe": Police choke Man to death on video V2: Independent Autopsy out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Poor training, a weak heart, two lethal drugs pumping through his veins. It's tragic but if the perp was white there wouldn't be a chirp from a cricket.

If you need training to know not to do what Chauvin did, that's not "poor training", that's malice, homie.

Dude had numerous complaints against him. It's clear he's at fault.

Ya I think he might have lost his temper with George for making it difficult to arrest him. I really doubt he was intending to kill him. But I just can't understand how he kept his knee on his neck after he went unconsious, did he not notice when he went out? I know people were shouting at them but cops are probably used to that when they're making arrests, people often shout police brutality when nothing is happening. It's just a bizarre tragedy. I'm sure the neck will be a no go area for police from now on, if it isn't already.

I don't know why but knee on neck seems to be a regular move by US police. I have little doubt its part of their training. He probably never imagined someone could die from it. Was he angry and was it excessive? I believe so. Did he intend to murder him? No.

Doubt giving hugs is part of it...

also hes surrounded by ppl who could easily take his weapon n use it against him.

hes putting himself in vulnerable position

not a smart move on his part

So cops should never get within arms length of the citizens of their communities because everyone is a threat?

I think you need to try putting yourself in the shoes of besides yourself who doesn't live in fear or feel perpetually threatened by everyone.

If you need training to know not to do what Chauvin did, that's not "poor training", that's malice, homie.

Dude had numerous complaints against him. It's clear he's at fault.
He is a complete idiot and deserves what he is getting. I'm not convinced he intentionally tried to kill him.

Cops are used to false claims everytime they are in front of a crowd with phones shoved in their face

I don't know why but knee on neck seems to be a regular move by US police. I have little doubt its part of their training. He probably never imagined someone could die from it. Was he angry and was it excessive? I believe so. Did he intend to murder him? No.
He intended on hurting him tho...There is no fucking way the guy didn't feel all the pressure of his knee on the guys neck, and didn't think it was hurting the guy hardcore...he did it deliberately to hurt the guy, I wouldn't be surprised if he felt him go limp and knew he was out cold but still didn't let go.

Perhaps his aim wasn't to kill him but it was to hurt him...He's a POS that deserves 25 to life IMO.

To me, it wouldn't even matter if he somehow died of a pre-existing medical condition at that moment.

The cop still kneeled down on a dude's neck for several minutes while he was in distress.

Do people not understand the basic legal principle (perhaps lawyers can help me out?) that you ‘take a victim how you find them‘?
What that basically means is that it is virtually irrelevant whether he died of asphyxiation or cardiac arrest, the only thing that matters is that the cop’s actions were a material contributing factor of Floyd’s death.

There’s no way anyone can tell me that Floyd had already gone into cardiac arrest before the detainment, which basically means that the knee on the neck either caused the asphyxiation, or caused the cardiac arrest, or at absolute best for Chauvin, he had severe heart problems and he may have gone into arrest regardless....but even if that’s the case, police officers have a duty to give aid to unconscious civilians and definitely not take / maintain actions that will aggravate or exacerbate the condition a civilian is in (such as place full pressure weight onto the neck for nearly 3 minutes) So that would be a pretty bad unintentional manslaughter at absolute best.

He intended on hurting him tho...There is no fucking way the guy didn't feel all the pressure of his knee on the guys neck, and didn't think it was hurting the guy hardcore...he did it deliberately to hurt the guy, Im wouldn't be surprised if he felt him go limp and knew he was out cold but still didn't let go.

Perhaps his aim wasn't to kill him but it was to hurt him...He's a POS that deserves 25 to life IMO.

I Agree.

He is a complete idiot and deserves what he is getting. I'm not convinced he intentionally tried to kill him.

Cops are used to false claims everytime they are in front of a crowd with phones shoved in their face

For a cop like Chauvin, I'm not sure it's much of an argument to say he didn't mean to kill the guy. When you don't give a shit and you know you have the system is on your side, I dunno, I find that indicative of a far more widespread problem.

In that case, it would be a choke.
Yep, you're right. What most people think of chokes are actually strangles (cutting off blood supply) I think there is something off putting by using the term triangle strangle.

I don't believe that. You think the cop was trying to murder him while being filmed in front of witnesses? It was poor training which led to death.
I don't know man. I watched the video closely. The cop is literally staring at him with a blank look on his face while Floyd takes his last breaths. He also stated at his face for a few seconds several times after he is dead. Coupled with the fact that another cop checked his pulse and suggested he be laid on his side. And he responded no, I'm keeping him in this position. It's certainly not proof, but looks an awful lot like he either meant to kill him, or at the very least, suspected he was dying/dead but did nothing to prevent that.

Is anyone surprised two autopsy results conveniently fit the narrative of either side? Whose lying and should lose their license?

One of the other cops checked the pulse of Floyd while Chauvin's knee was on his neck, he detected no pulse so suggested to Chauvin if he should turn Floyd on his side, to which Chauvin said no. The attorney for the Floyd family says this shows intent and premeditation.

We now have the audio from the police body cam and we hear where one officer says he doesn't have a pulse, maybe we should turn him on his side. But yet, Officer Chauvin says no, we're going to keep him in this position.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/transcript-benjamin-crump-on-face-the-nation-may-31-2020/
I read your post and my initial reaction before seeing there was an actual link, that this was some weird attempt at sarcasm because the facts already looked bad. Holy hell, if that is correct, they need to indeed upgrade those charges to murder 1

lol I’m not the one parroting Trump saying CNN sucks. I stick to facts and their reporting is usually spot on and they have the very best journalists working there. That’s all I’m saying.

With that said, I don’t watch CNN. A little too biased for me but they are up there when it comes to journalistic integrity. I’m sorry some people don’t like it.
This is a serious thread where 95% are in agreement with the substantive issue. Please don’t bring your unhinged derangement pro-CNN bias in here. To call literally the worst out there the ‘very best’ makes you look like the worst type of troll but I know you’re not, you’re just a deranged leftist, so leave that shit at the Antifa forum but miss us with that nonsense over here.

Ya I think he might have lost his temper with George for making it difficult to arrest him. I really doubt he was intending to kill him. But I just can't understand how he kept his knee on his neck after he went unconsious, did he not notice when he went out? I know people were shouting at them but cops are probably used to that when they're making arrests, people often shout police brutality when nothing is happening. It's just a bizarre tragedy. I'm sure the neck will be a no go area for police from now on, if it isn't already.
I'm not sure about other departments, but the day after this occured, the chief of police in my city (Kansas City) publicly condemned the actions, and stated it is standard training that all restraining maneuvers that compromise the ABCs (airway, breathing, circulation) are against procedure. So chokes, hands over the mouth, face coverings, ligatures, etc are banned. He also mentioned, even before this blew up, that the video would be implemented into training on what not to do.

if it was not intentional then is reveals a profound lack of valuation of life. so profound that an example needs to be made of him that sticks in the hearts of police everywhere. his sentence ought to be reflective of intentional pre meditated murder IMO.

in some ways this seems worse than pre meditated murder to me. someone who kills intentionally could easily value life but have that overridden by intense jealousy or hatred. this guy does not appear to have any of that going on. he is cold and dead inside. he needs a lifelong wake up call and so does everyone like him.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back