Official UFC 197 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
JJ said on MMA hour that he has been training a lot of BJJ and chokes leading up to the DC fight. He said he expects a lot of shots coming from DC so they are training chokes.

JJ says if he doesn't submit DC he will win by decision which is very interesting. I will def. be putting some down on his win by sub line.

Do like dc as a live only dog, but no doubt many others are thinking the same thing after all the recent bad cops drama, but JJ has that natural raw power and athletic skill would not be surprised if he uses all this drama as fuel to the fire against dc.

Liking barboza su or decision, maybe hedged by pettis sub just not sure pettis mind set is right, he is the better overall fighter and higher ranked but people seem to have figured ways to avoid that kill shot and barboza just needs to circle and leg strike and outpoint for 2 rounds here and survive r3. Also did Big pettis say he would never fight on the same card with baby pettis ? may hit barboza line if the baby P loses.

I think natal decision maybe worth a flyer, guys fighting style is grinding and terrible but not if it hits :)

Will need to check them MM lines after cejudo r1-r2 performance, reckon mm may have better lines during live betting also.

Pettis down to -150. That's my queue I'm on it. If it goes down any further I'll put more.

I'm still a fan of Pettis I think he gets it done and finishes Barboza. I was expecting Barb to open up as a bigger dog but that doesn't look like it's trending that way.

Btw i dont buy the recent fiasco messing with JJ. I think his head is still in the game and he gets the w.

Otoh i think dc is mentally weaker and more riled up (in a bad way)

I think jj just has dcs #

Btw i dont buy the recent fiasco messing with JJ. I think his head is still in the game and he gets the w.

Otoh i think dc is mentally weaker and more riled up (in a bad way)

I think jj just has dcs #
According to Ariel on the MMA Beat today, Jones has been in camp for this fight for 6 months lol his team wanted him to take some rest days, just not this way

Props for the other 3 fights on 5d

Whittaker itd -110

DC Out of the Fight. Ugh. Loved the UD double parlay.

I won't believe it until April 2nd.
I went on Jones' twitter and almost a week ago someone tweeted him a news story saying DC was spotted at a wrestling tournament barely able to walk. Sounds like this is real :(

I went on Jones' twitter and almost a week ago someone tweeted him a news story saying DC was spotted at a wrestling tournament barely able to walk. Sounds like this is real :(

Fingers crossed that it's bullshit.

Fingers crossed that it's bullshit.
Bookmaker refunded all bets on that fight and pulled the line. 5Dimes pulled the line but hasn't refunded yet.

so sad.

dc vs jones is the best rivalry in the sport :(

anyone know how long the fight is delayed?

barboza dec +300 i like.. missed the +330 opener (reminder: pettis has never been finished)

so sad.

dc vs jones is the best rivalry in the sport :(

anyone know how long the fight is delayed?
Nope still praying Jones vs Rumble can happen on this PPV

barboza dec +300 i like.. missed the +330 opener (reminder: pettis has never been finished)
Was pretty damn shocked Barboza itd is a worse line than Barboza dec, even if it is by a whopping 4 points now

Pettis/Barboza O2.5 +100. Seems good to me, what do you guys think? I see dec as the most likely outcome for both guys. Pettis is obviously a great finisher though.

Pettis/Barboza O2.5 +100. Seems good to me, what do you guys think? I see dec as the most likely outcome for both guys. Pettis is obviously a great finisher though.
At evens I like it. Pettis is a great finisher, and maybe i'll end up wrong about this, but I truly believe this a matchup that could be very bad for him. Even if he wins, at least a match that could be tough for him to finish. The closest person hes fought to Barboza is Cerrone who pretty consistently has very slow starts, and is flat footed just like Pettis where as Barboza keeps a bounce in his step and frequently angles.

Call me crazy but I think Barboza's footwork is better, his speed is better, and possibly his boxing. He showed a great, much improved jab against Ferg and I can't remember Pettis ever throwing a jab. I do just worry about his defense.

At evens I like it. Pettis is a great finisher, and maybe i'll end up wrong about this, but I truly believe this a matchup that could be very bad for him. Even if he wins, at least a match that could be tough for him to finish. The closest person hes fought to Barboza is Cerrone who pretty consistently has very slow starts, and is flat footed just like Pettis where as Barboza keeps a bounce in his step and frequently angles.

Call me crazy but I think Barboza's footwork is better, his speed is better, and possibly his boxing. He showed a great, much improved jab against Ferg and I can't remember Pettis ever throwing a jab. I do just worry about his defense.
I agree about Barbozas footwork is better, also about him being faster. Pettis did actually throws some nice stiff jabs in his last fight against Eddie. Yeah, it should be harder for him to finish here, usually people wanna get into Pettis face and make it ugly which also opens up the finish but Barboza is gonna sit back and fight on the outside.

I agree about Barbozas footwork is better, also about him being faster. Pettis did actually throws some nice stiff jabs in his last fight against Eddie. Yeah, it should be harder for him to finish here, usually people wanna get into Pettis face and make it ugly which also opens up the finish but Barboza is gonna sit back and fight on the outside.
Yeah you bring up another interesting aspect of this fight. Barboza has been relentlessly pressured in his last two losses, seemingly exploiting the strategy to beat him, but Pettis obviously isn't gonna do that. And of course same goes for Anthony, pretty obvious after the Alvarez fight he hasn't improved much at all with his ringcraft when he gets pressured. Dude just backs straight up to the fence. Even in the fights hes won hes done this, but Barboza is most certainly not going to do this. Such an intriguing fight, good by the UFC giving us this.

Just realized another thing that scares me as a Barb backer is level of competition. Beating Bendo and Melendez is just a bit more impressive than beating Bobby Green

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back