Official UFN 85 Thread - Brisbane - Hunto vs Murrrr

Status
Not open for further replies.
your pearson dec bet etc should stand

i would've hit laprise dec +259..

idk on these props, man.

i'm the last person to say something like this, but...

i hate this card for betting.

How was Smith's takedown defense before the UFC? Because only 1 person has tried - Kaufman and was successful. Can't Nakai grind Smith out?
This is why I didn't jump all over Leslie like a lot of people and just on the over for now. Its Rin's only path to victory, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if she just held top control to a decision.

Surprised Andrade is the favorite. Didn't Andrade gas in the first round against Musoke?
His cardio isn't the best, but a big reason for the Musoke gassing was cause he dropped Musoke and went for the kill iirc

Jouban rd 1 +100, BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Wanted at least +140.

Just stuck Jouban itd into a couple open parlays and will leave it at that. Lame.

tempted by NOT jouban rd 1 -140...

tempted by NOT jouban rd 1 -140...

I'd play it before I'd play Jouban rd 1 at evens. I'm pretty confident Jouban finishes him but sometimes Jouban is more interested in looking fancy and using odd techniques instead of going for the kill against overmatched opponents. I could easily see him fucking around for a round or more before finishing.

I'd play it before I'd play Jouban rd 1 at evens. I'm pretty confident Jouban finishes him but sometimes Jouban is more interested in looking fancy and using odd techniques instead of going for the kill against overmatched opponents. I could easily see him fucking around for a round or more before finishing.

he doesn't always get rd 1 finishes.. yea.. and o'reilly's never been finished (he got rnc'd by kajan on tuf, tho)

i'm gonna play it

jouban, shoe face and texiera parlay pays more than evens

Not normally my style to buy out but I still make profit if Magny wins. I would be very surprised if either guy got dominated in this fight so I think the real opportunity with making money on this fight lies with lb. I will be especially keeping a close eye on Magny decision line depending on how r1 plays out.

Ok. Guys, due to widespread panic and uncertainty I also pulled out of Magny bet. Call me a pussy if you so desire. Here is my reasoning, it is unlikely that Magny finishes Lombard, and 2 out 3 wins for Magny came by way of split decision. So if it comes to decision, it is most likely that Lombard will get the nod on the home ground.

In the meantime, I cashed out and went full retard by placing all the cash on Mir. I just think this will go to the ground.

Ok. Guys, due to widespread panic and uncertainty I also pulled out of Magny bet. Call me a pussy if you so desire. Here is my reasoning, it is unlikely that Magny finishes Lombard, and 2 out 3 wins for Magny came by way of split decision. So if it comes to decision, it is most likely that Lombard will get the nod on the home ground.

In the meantime, I cashed out and went full retard by placing all the cash on Mir. I just think this will go to the ground.

ehh Lombard is from Cuba and fight is in Australia :)

ehh Lombard is from Cuba and fight is in Australia :)

Lombard lived in Aus for years or some shit. I remember him winning a fight in Aus and when he was being interviewed after he won he kept banging on about fighting at home.

oh my bad then :D interesting information.. wish i had lombard split dec avaliable as a hedge

Good point forgot about split. Lombard +850 and Magny +750. Have a tenner on each.

with that information i guess i will join you guys on the "pussy" train :D and hedge some of my Magny action..

All Aboard
RfK8FyO.gif

Please for the love of all that is sacred and holy STOP buying out of bets you made just because you see line movement go the opposite way. Hedging should only be used as a last resort emergency as it does nothing but decrease your long term +EV. If you're bandwagon jumping on consensus picks from the majority then I wouldn't consider you very $harp and you're most likely a recreational gambler. I might give more leeway to hedge live in-play betting but getting "cold feet" on a bet and buying out of your bet before the fight has even taken place is just terrible. Why both making the bet in the first place if you're not confident in your pick? I highly doubt more than 5 people in the sherdog betting threads are actually capping each fight. You only get out what you put in and trust me, it takes many hours of hard work capping.

One of the most important lessons I've learned from sports betting in general is to spot pick your plays. Only bet on fights where you have an edge and don't play more than 3-5 fights on a MMA card because most likely you'll only be able to extract value from a few of them. Not every fight, game, match has value. Sometimes I cringe when I see all the mistakes being made here because it just reinforces to me truly how much money the bookies are making from 98% of sport bettors.

- Barry

Please for the love of all that is sacred and holy STOP buying out of bets you made just because you see line movement go the opposite way. Hedging should only be used as a last resort emergency as it does nothing but decrease your long term +EV. If you're bandwagon jumping on consensus picks from the majority then I wouldn't consider you very $harp and you're most likely a recreational gambler. I might give more leeway to hedge live in-play betting but getting "cold feet" on a bet and buying out of your bet before the fight has even taken place is just terrible. Why both making the bet in the first place if you're not confident in your pick? I highly doubt more than 5 people in the sherdog betting threads are actually capping each fight. You only get out what you put in and trust me, it takes many hours of hard work capping.

One of the most important lessons I've learned from sports betting in general is to spot pick your plays. Only bet on fights where you have an edge and don't play more than 3-5 fights on a MMA card because most likely you'll only be able to extract value from a few of them. Not every fight, game, match has value. Sometimes I cringe when I see all the mistakes being made here because it just reinforces to me truly how much money the bookies are making from 98% of sport bettors.

- Barry
Thank you Barry. You point is very valid. Usually, I just bet the picks I believe in, but reading all the media and people's buying out decisions gets under your skin.

What is your take on Hunt vs Mir fight?

Thank you.

Did anyone watched MMA vivisection for this event ?

I really enjoy watching these lol

Hunt vs Mir Faceoff.. Hunt is a funny dude :D

i think the Mir pics i posted earlier might have been somewhat misleading.. tough to say with shirt on but Mir looks fine to me. slimmer but not as extreme as it looked on those pics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back