Law Opioid Billionaires Get SLAP ON THE WRIST For Murdering Hundreds Of Thousands

meanwhile in china they execute billionaires that harm the people. america is a joke

I think these people are real pieces of shit, but murdered people? No. They enabled people to die.

The judicial branch is the most corrupt institution in the united states. More than congress even who has like 11% approval, mainly because you cant get rid judges. Read about Steven Donziger it will make you realize banana republic we live in.

Jesus Christ. For a little while there I thought our country might actually hold some ultra wealthy people accountable

They paid for some sketchy studies that showed their opioids weren’t addictive, and then presented these medical studies to doctors at conventions, to convince the doctors it was ok to prescribe these opioid pain killers like they were just heavy duty Tylenol. That was what they did that was wrong.
It’s even worse than that. They heavily campaigned for the drug and provided incentives for prescribing them. I think there’s even more too it than that but I don’t know if I even want to know more. It was really clearly reckless and irresponsible. I think the worst part is that by the early 2000s it was already becoming common knowledge, and yet it continued until maybe the last 5 years-ish.

Yep. I had percents once after a shoulder surgery. They gave me a full bottle. Like a months worth. I definitely needed them the next morning, no amount of ibuprofen or Tylenol would have made that bearable (I didn’t wake up at night to take some pain killers, so woke up 6am with no drugs in system and holy shit was that painful until 6:30 while I waited for the Percocet to kick in). But then next day I was and to just be uncomfortable with off the shelf pain killers.

They’re smarter now. Friend broke his leg, had a couple screws in surgery. They gave him a prescription for 3 days worth is all, and then a prescription for prescription strength Tylenol after that and even encouraged him to not take all of the opiates if he didn’t truly need it the second or 3rd day.

Edit: holy shit. I didn’t even read that you were injured while overdosing on drugs. And they gave an apparent addict Percocet? Wtf.

hope you’re better now bud. Addiction is nasty.
Haha never got into opioid it was more party drugs but yeah that was the crazy part. I had multiple seizures that caused the broken shoulders ( got dropped by somebody who found me and tried to lie me down on the ground) . It was a few days later in the hospital when I finally got my wits back, luckily I was embarrassed about what happened and had the sense to ask why the fuck you would prescribe these to somebody who clearly had an issue with substance abuse. I got T3s and suffered with the recovery but it was better then developing a problem. And thanks brah ! Havnt touched anything but weed in close to 10 years now, 0 interest either.

The problem is these guys were knowingly and deceptively misrepresenting to the doctors that the pills at issue were nonaddictive. Relying on the Sacklers misrepresentations and medical studies the doctors prescribed the pills as if they were nonaddictive.

How many cigarette executives saw jail time?

you could read the article before asking questions.

It was rhetorical as the story and proposed deal have been around for a while. Do they deserve jail, I guess? We don't hold alcohol companies accountable or cigarette companies. Maybe we did but I am not aware of any tobacco executives doing time. Fast food, soda and the snack are poisoning people right in front of our eyes and no one does anything. Diabetes is a plague.

Not sure why they should go to jail as opioids have their place in the healthcare continuum. Much of the time a few days of opioids is an appropriate treatment. Pharmacies, insurance companies, ER departments and state data bases were/are aware when prescription pattern are out of the norm. They know who the doctors are who over prescribe. There are so many people in the food chain that were well aware of the problem.

Everyone wants to find the root cause somewhere but really it's the entire US healthcare system. I'm more in favor of taking all their money. Not sure what purpose it would serve to pay to lock them up.

none, disgustingly enough. they got taxed pretty hard with the 1995 settlement but $250 billion dollars ain’t gonna bring millions of family members back.

Far greater suppression of information and spread of misinformation with the tobacco companies if I am not mistaken.

How about they take all their money and property? I would have more fun watching them get apartments and real jobs rather than sit in an executive jail.

It was rhetorical as the story and proposed deal have been around for a while. Do they deserve jail, I guess? We don't hold alcohol companies accountable or cigarette companies. Maybe we did but I am not aware of any tobacco executives doing time. Fast food, soda and the snack are poisoning people right in front of our eyes and no one does anything. Diabetes is a plague.

Not sure why they should go to jail as opioids have their place in the healthcare continuum. Much of the time a few days of opioids is an appropriate treatment. Pharmacies, insurance companies, ER departments and state data bases were/are aware when prescription pattern are out of the norm. They know who the doctors are who over prescribe. There are so many people in the food chain that were well aware of the problem.

Everyone wants to find the root cause somewhere but really it's the entire US healthcare system. I'm more in favor of taking all their money. Not sure what purpose it would serve to pay to lock them up.

They paid for fake science in order to specifically deceive the public about the dangers of a drug they pushed on Americans as being harmless.

That's illegal obviously and anyone with a brain can see it.

I don't even think you should need a prescription to buy opioids. Claiming they are non-addictive is false advertising though. Not okay.

Anyone who believes that big pharma has anything else than profit as a priority needs to slap themselves.

I don't even think you should need a prescription to buy opioids. Claiming they are non-addictive is false advertising though. Not okay.
It was largely addicts shopping until they found an unscrupulous doctor to prescribe them and then they became dealers. These drugs are way worse than your drugs though. That's the usual argument

They paid for fake science in order to specifically deceive the public about the dangers of a drug they pushed on Americans as being harmless.

That's illegal obviously and anyone with a brain can see it.

so it was fake studies that made licensed physicians, with at least a decade of school and internship, believe that an opium pill was actually just a "strong Tylenol"?

so it was fake studies that made licensed physicians, with at least a decade of school and internship, believe that an opium pill was actually just a "strong Tylenol"?

It was fake science funded by them knowingly to mislead doctors and patients. They commited fraud.

I have no idea who these doctors were honestly. I don't know anyone that prescribed oxy without knowing it was an opiate. The fact we reverse it with narcan should have been a goal line defense kind of moment if they were that dumb.

Back