Prime Fedor vs Ngannou

I'm not trashing Ngannou because I think he's a beast, but Prime Fedor would crush him. Francis has insane power, but as we saw the other night, he can be sloppy. I don't see Fedor backing up, I see him stepping in an catching him in a similar way he caught Brett Rodgers, counter overhand. If he doesn't knock him he trashes him on the ground.
This is exactly the way I see it

Fedors win streak is littered with bums, freakshow fights, and glorified gatekeepers. He fought 1 legit opponent for 3 mediocre ones.

Dude, the current era of HW is the weakest in memory, Derrick Lewis, Rozenstruik, volkov and Walt Harris are in the top 10, thats the kind of horrible state the division is in.

October 2013:

Champion: Cain Velasquez

1 Junior Dos Santos

2 Daniel Cormier

3 Fabricio Werdum

4 Antonio Silva

5 Travis Browne

6 Josh Barnett

7 Alistair Overeem (+1)

8 Frank Mir (-1)

9 Stipe Miocic (+1)

10 Roy Nelson (-1)

the only people picking francis are the people who havent been around that long to witness both fighters at their peak.

Ngannou most likely via decapitation.

Fedor has awful wrestling and his judo throws aren't going to work on someone as big and strong as Ngannou. Heck, Fedor heavily struggled againt Hong Man Choi who didn't even practice MMA (and with modifed rules to benefit Fedor to boot)

I'm not trashing Ngannou because I think he's a beast, but Prime Fedor would crush him. Francis has insane power, but as we saw the other night, he can be sloppy. I don't see Fedor backing up, I see him stepping in an catching him in a similar way he caught Brett Rodgers, counter overhand. If he doesn't knock him he trashes him on the ground.

Well this is one of the ways that you WANT to fight a a guy like Francis. Get inside of his wide shots and counter him. So i very much agree: Fedor would have wrecked him. Stipe's approach was the other way to beat him ... box him ... make him miss ... take him down ... rinse repeat.

Ngannou most likely via decapitation.

Fedor has awful wrestling and his judo throws aren't going to work on someone as big and strong as Ngannou. Heck, Fedor heavily struggled againt Hong Man Choi who didn't even practice MMA (and with modifed rules to benefit Fedor to boot)

Fedor would just Zulu him, he has KO power too.

WOW-Fedor.gif

HMC before his pituitary surgery basically had natural super T levels and was a handful for anyone, Fedor finished him in under 2 minutes I don't think I'd describe that as "heavily struggled".

Prime fedor was so fast. The cro cop fight he took so many hard shots that are going to be close to what Francis offers. Got to take fedor

We have to notice that all losses came from an octagon. So if it will be on a ring Fedor would have a bigger chance.

Back