Movies Rate and Discuss the Last Movie You Saw v.16

Risky Business - 9/10 (bumped it up from an 8, which is were I had it in my recollection)

Old fart alert: No, they don’t make them like this anymore. Such an awesome movie. Very few have ever navigated being funny and sexy better than this (the ‘love on areal train’ scene is exceptional). Tom Cruise was great, especially in the third act. Rebecca DeMornay was not only drop dead gorgeous but really fun in her role. She should’ve had a better career. Forgot that Booger from Revenge of the Nerds was in this. He was funny. Joe Pantoliano (I probably butchered it) was terrific too. Overall great film. And Tangerine Dreams soundtrack is spectacular.
2 months or so ago, i couldnt remember what part in the movie in the air tonight plays. I go on youtube and i can tell their added in because the tangerine dreams song is what i remembered for the train.

Was that song really in that movie? I think i discovered this by looking for the in the air tonight music video and i dont think i confirmed that i found the original.

Dark waters - the movie does a good job of taking what could've been your standard corporation vs the little man legal thriller and added a sort of...horror element to it. Which makes the true story even more something to think about. The movie is very very bleak, for the most part. Ruffalo is great in it, plus Tim Robbins whose like training Ruffalo to be the next tim Robbins. It can drag a little but I reccomend it if you haven't seen it.
Final score - 7.5/10

Monsters ball - its a nice little drama. Mostly about the characters, but Billy Bob Thorton and Halle Berry's characters are both written very well. Very well rounded characters. Both extremely flawed but likeable. Not much of a actual plot though.
Final score: 7/10

Rat Race

9/10

Prime

Seen bits of it on tv before but never properly the whole way through. What a riot!

A billionaire type sets a bunch of selected people off in a madcap race to $2m locked in a train station across the country. Hilarious movie with an amazing ensemble cast. Good couple hrs of fun.

JCVD
- interesting film. Definitely not a full blown action movie. More like a dark comedy/character study based on JCVD. I would've liked to see the original french version with subtitles. It was dubbed so I really couldn't get a good grasp of his performance. It's an enjoyable 90 minutes, though.

The big short
- a fun ensemble cast with great performances and great dialogue. I enjoyed the little side scenes with Anthony bourdain and such where they explain the jargon that they use. For me, gosling was the standout. But bale, Carell, pitt, are all great. The only thing I thought it lacked was the aftermath of the characters decisions and how it effected them. Although it was already a long movie.
Final score: 8/10

RocknRolla
- not a bad ensemble guy Ritchie film. I enjoyed tom wilkonsins performance. It's not a masterpiece by any means. But it's still a fun movie in that kind of style. Lots of cool character moments and decent enough dialogue.
Final score: 7.5/10

@Solid @Hart Break Kick 97 have you seen these?

@fingercuffs you like guy richie right? What did you think of rocknrolla?

JCVD
- interesting film. Definitely not a full blown action movie. More like a dark comedy/character study based on JCVD. I would've liked to see the original french version with subtitles. It was dubbed so I really couldn't get a good grasp of his performance. It's an enjoyable 90 minutes, though.

The big short
- a fun ensemble cast with great performances and great dialogue. I enjoyed the little side scenes with Anthony bourdain and such where they explain the jargon that they use. For me, gosling was the standout. But bale, Carell, pitt, are all great. The only thing I thought it lacked was the aftermath of the characters decisions and how it effected them. Although it was already a long movie.

RocknRolla
- not a bad ensemble guy Ritchie film. I enjoyed tom wilkonsins performance. It's not a masterpiece by any means. But it's still a fun movie in that kind of style. Lots of cool character moments and decent enough dialogue.

I LOVED RocknRolla. Tom Hardy was hilarious. These are the sort of Ritchie movies I love. Lock Stock is my all time favourite, Snatch was fantastic, loved The Gentlemen. His gangster style movies are awesome. I'm not fond of his other stuff though really, they're more crown pleasers with Sherlock etc.

I LOVED RocknRolla. Tom Hardy was hilarious. These are the sort of Ritchie movies I love. Lock Stock is my all time favourite, Snatch was fantastic, loved The Gentlemen. His gangster style movies are awesome. I'm not fond of his other stuff though really, they're more crown pleasers with Sherlock etc.

I'd have it below gentleman as I enjoyed that one a little more. I would like to see s sequel though, as they set it up at the end "the real rocknrolla".

The tom hardy/gerard butler stuff was funny too.

I'd have it below gentleman as I enjoyed that one a little more. I would like to see s sequel though, as they set it up at the end "the real rocknrolla".

If you like Hardy, have you seen The Drop?

2 months or so ago, i couldnt remember what part in the movie in the air tonight plays. I go on youtube and i can tell their added in because the tangerine dreams song is what i remembered for the train.

Was that song really in that movie? I think i discovered this by looking for the in the air tonight music video and i dont think i confirmed that i found the original.

In the Air Tonight comes in the third act but definitely like 10-15 minutes before Love on a Real Train. Both scenes are iconic, the only difference being that the Love on a real train scene is a 10/10. Perfect

Just as an aside. While both scenes and any of the scenes in the movie are enjoyable on their own —- they’re exponentially more enjoyable when seen in context. Great great film

No but I've heard good things about it. Bronson showed up on my recommendations too so I was planning on checking that one out too.
He WAS Bronson. I read Bronson's book and seriously he deserved an Oscar for that movie. I love him in Peaky Blinders too.

Little known fact, a guy I was pally with who was a commentator for Cage Rage made an MMA film, Tom was in it. Waaaaaay before he was proper famous. It was actually okay, Malcolm the commentator guy did a viewing party at an MMA expo I went to.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0762137/

Doubt Tom thought he'd be in Warrior years later.

JCVD

The big short

RocknRolla

I've seen big short and rocknrolla, I agree with your ratings. Have you seen wrath of man or the gentlemen?

That was the first movie I saw hardy in lol, so I always think he's that character now

Yea I liked it alot when it came out and was looking forward to the sequel but it apparently died or something. Gentlemen was ok, I think I liked rocknrolla more

I've seen big short and rocknrolla, I agree with your ratings. Have you seen wrath of man or the gentlemen?

Not wrath of man yet. I heard it's different than his usual stuff

The McPherson Tape - 0/10. What the fuck Shudder?

Case 39 - NA. Couldn't finish it. After Emily was sure the girl was the fuckin devil there was no reason for her to stick around. The writing shit the bed too hard. Can't rate but it wasn't worth finishing. Had promise for the first half hour or so though.

John Wick Part 2.

Abysmal. That's the only way to describe this movie. It was terrible. Keanu Reeves is so woden, it's painful. I throughly enjoyed the first one, but this was utter dog shit. Too much that was bad about it to go into detail. Suffice to say, it didn't make me have any interest in watching the 3rd movie, and the fact there is a 4th coming out makes me cringe.

4/10, and that's being generous.

Back