Sean Strickland has the best jab in UFC history...(Dana said it's unseen in MMA)

Most people will say GSP

Some potential underdogs:
* Volk?
* Whittaker?
* Dustin?
* Max?
* Yan?
* BJ Penn? (jabbed his way to beat Sherk)
* Usman? (dropped Burns with a jab)
* And if we're talking less legendary fighters: Rob Font and Kattar
They are all very good options. Desean's jab is stiffffff boi tho

uLbhtu6.gif

Devastating jab, lol.

Skilled strikers use the jab in preparation to unload violence on their opponent and (eventually) put them away.

Just seems a moot point, I dunno man.

Most people will say GSP

Some potential underdogs:
* Volk?
* Whittaker?
* Dustin?
* Max?
* Yan?
* BJ Penn? (jabbed his way to beat Sherk)
* Usman? (dropped Burns with a jab)
* And if we're talking less legendary fighters: Rob Font and Kattar

GSP, Gane, Usman, Whittaker. All excellent jabs, very similar, long with a bladed stance.

Strickland's looks quite unique though, short and more squared. Comes out of nowhere with no tell, and damaging.

If we look outside the UFC, Doumbe has probably the best jab in all MMA.

I don't know. GSP had a good jab, but he didn't use it as much as Sean because he spent so much time on the ground. Tim Sylvia also had a good one. Of course it helped that he was 6'8", but not all tall guys jab well. I think a good jab would've helped Travis Browne (same height as Timmeh). His striking was mostly swinging for the fences (with fists or elbows) but a more technical game could've put him in the elite level.
Tim recieved way too much unwarranted hate. Man was basic but those basics were very technically sound. He knew how to use his size and reach very well, in his prime Tim was a dangerous guy. Its a shame he let himself go so badly and got so overweight..

A lot of clueless big guys ( I'm talking to you struve) could've learned a lot from sylvia

Reactions: mkt
I'm glad to see a good jab get some love. It's something a lot more fighters should develop. GSP's is/was the MMA standard but Sean's style is unique and effective. Topuria's is mean also.

Ryan Spann literally KO’d Reyes with a jab. His boxing is extremely underrated

James Toney. Not even close.

Back