PC Sherdog PC Build/Buy Thread, v6: My Power Supply Burned Down My House

Guys is this correct? This does NOT feel right. It says type 4 on the cable
@jefferz @Madmick

20210801-164645.jpg

I think I'm ready to screw in the PSU. I got the Mobo, the GPU, the CPU, and the SATA that connects all the fans. Am I missing anything?

So I don't know if anyone has any feedback but here's what I got so far.

I actually had to get rid of the Lian Li Strimer for the video card, I just can't fit any more cables in the back.

Right now I believe everything is ready except for the video card. But I'm a little worried because if I turn on the power and nothing happens I'm going to have no fucking clue what went wrong. I've been working on this for almost twelve straight hours, my eyes are bloodshot and I have no idea what the hell to expect. Any feedback will be appreciated, particularly advice on typical pitfalls/errors when building.
20210801-183425.jpg

20210801-191032.jpg

20210801-191037.jpg

20210801-191042.jpg

Make the side ones face the other way then?
Air will find it's way out of the case, they're not sealed tight.
Look at the back panel.

Airflow is running negative across the X plane then positive on the Y plane. Z plane airflow characteristics is this weird narrow curved positive Z and X plane as it runs positive along the Y plane(tempered glass). Creating a bubble of air around the ram.

Half the AIO fans across the Y plane will be fed by the air running alongside the tempered glass. Periodically the bubble of air surrounding the Ram will be purged.

Wish i had AutoCAD installed. Visual representation would be easier.

I just turned it on--- everything is lighting up but-- there is no video!

I plugged HDMi into card first, but then switched to on board- but nothing is happening. Can anyone help?

20210801-200617.jpg

I just turned it on--- everything is lighting up but-- there is no video!

I plugged HDMi into card first, but then switched to on board- but nothing is happening. Can anyone help?

20210801-200617.jpg
Did you hear any beeps? No beeps likely something simple like HDMI connection issue.

Did you hear any beeps? No beeps likely something simple like HDMI connection issue.
I don't think there were any beeps. It's possible I need to flash the bios, even though my mobo is version 1.1. @Madmick might be able to shed some light on this because he mentioned that in our discourse. I don't know if these symptoms are indicative of a need for bios flash, but I know that everything is lighting up.

One thing I noted is that this motherboard has four little LED's that light up whenever there's an issue: CPU, DRAM, VGA and BOOT

They all blink, VGA stays on for maybe two seconds and then goes off.

You likely plugged it into one of the secondary mini-HDMI ports.
On the mobo there's only one HDMI-- do you mean the various ones on the 3080?

I don't think there were any beeps. It's possible I need to flash the bios, even though my mobo is version 1.1. @Madmick might be able to shed some light on this because he mentioned that in our discourse. I don't know if these symptoms are indicative of a need for bios flash, but I know that everything is lighting up.

One thing I noted is that this motherboard has four little LED's that light up whenever there's an issue: CPU, DRAM, VGA and BOOT

They all blink, VGA stays on for maybe two seconds and then goes off.

On the mobo there's only one HDMI-- do you mean the various ones on the 3080?
4 lights at the bottom of the photo? Do the simple thing try running with just a single DDR DIMM remove the RTX 3080 an boot with just the hdmi plugged on board. See if you see anything on screen.

4 lights at the bottom of the photo? Do the simple thing try running with just a single DDR DIMM remove the RTX 3080 an boot with just the hdmi plugged on board. See if you see anything on screen.
No those aren't lights, if they had lit up they would be on the right, a little bit above the GPU

No those aren't lights, if they had lit up they would be on the right, a little bit above the GPU

You'll need to catch a computer enthusiast here on a very good day to assist with forum based Pc assembly.

Better off giving out your cell number to someone you trust for facetime.

Did you figure it out yet?
No, not yet. :(
I'm hoping I didn't break anything

The optimistic side of me wants to believe that if something busted I wouldn't see all the lights, or that I'd get one of those error led's.

One thing I noticed is that there's no motherboard "speaker" plug in for my case. There's an HQ audio but I think that's for actual audio.

I'm trying to find out if a need for Bios flash would present these symptoms, it's very difficult to find anything specific enough to help me

The optimistic side of me wants to believe that if something busted I wouldn't see all the lights, or that I'd get one of those error led's.

One thing I noticed is that there's no motherboard "speaker" plug in for my case. There's an HQ audio but I think that's for actual audio.

I'm trying to find out if a need for Bios flash would present these symptoms, it's very difficult to find anything specific enough to help me
Well it doesn't look like the motherboard error LEDs are on so that's a good sign.

Are you sure the RAM sticks were inserted all the way? This is a common issue that can sometimes cause boot issues, don't be afraid to press them firmly to insert it.

A BIOS flash is another potential issue, most newer motherboards will let you flash a new BIOS version with just a USB stick.

@Madmick any ideas?

What are these lights doing?
ToI7rtl.png

You're using a 5800x correct? If so, plug your HDMI cable into your video card. You won't get any video from the port on your motherboard.

What are these lights doing?
ToI7rtl.png

You're using a 5800x correct? If so, plug your HDMI cable into your video card. You won't get any video from the port on your motherboard.
Looks like they cycle, VGA stays on for a few seconds then goes away.

I tried the gpu, will try again here in a few minutes-- does it have to be a certain HDMI port?

I GOT VISUAL.

It says
Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key

Now I have Windows 10 on USB. Should I just plug it in? Is that what this means?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back