News [Spoiler inside!] TAKERU VS TENSHIN is ON!! June 2022

• Thread starter Deleted member 363827
  • Start date
I don't think Tenshin will do that great in boxing.

Good fight... the atmosphere was amazing.
I think when tenshin fights someone in boxing who is good at cutting of the ring and has a good guard he will run into problems. Thats said he is very good at picking shots when he can control the distance and pace of fights.

For people asking why it is only 3 rounds....well because that is what Tenshin wants. The same reason why Takeru has to drain himself.

Tenshin has always been good at bending the rules to serve him (spamming takedowns and failed spin attacks when he gasses, etc) This time he set himself up for a win for his boxing career. It is kinda like when Floyd asked punchers to wear his preferred boxer gloves or ask fighters to drain themselves. He did it because he could
Super lame of tenshin and his team

Lmao, tenshin wont last in boxing, only if they gave him lots of cans for a loooong time
Dude was struggling against a 40-something Gomi, losing rounds even

Lmao, tenshin wont last in boxing, only if they gave him lots of cans for a loooong time
Dude was struggling against a 40-something Gomi, losing rounds even
Bro he didn’t just lose rounds , he lost that fight . Against an over the hill Gomi who doesn’t train and drinks everyday

he may have some scare some but he’s No “Monster” lol

Tenshin won, as most predicted. Kind of annoyed he complained so much and acted like a crybaby throughout the fight though. He did what he had to do to win I guess
I don’t think he has the mental toughness to do well in boxing. As soon as he is no longer in control and is on the back foot he has a temper tantrum.

I don’t think he has the mental toughness to do well in boxing. As soon as he is no longer in control and is on the back foot he has a temper tantrum.

I can't wait to watch him get his clock cleaned by a pro Boxer. Every time he faces adversity he complains instead of just biting down and pushing himself. I would love to see a version of this fight where Takeru didn't have to make so many concessions for him

I can't wait to watch him get his clock cleaned by a pro Boxer. Every time he faces adversity he complains instead of just biting down and pushing himself. I would love to see a version of this fight where Takeru didn't have to make so many concessions for him
It should have been a 5 rounder. I thought that there was probably enough justification to have an extension round as I thought Takeru probably won round 2 and 3.

I had Takeru winning round 2 and 3 also.

Not interested in watching Tenshin boxing and crying again.
It’s a shame because Tenshin clearly has the skills and natural talent to be competitive. Struggling mightily when taken into deep water is not what I want to see from a potential contender. Seeing that, past a certain point, boxing is a war of wills.

Last edited:
I'm not the biggest Tenshin fan either and wanted Takeru to win, but I have to give it up to him. I feel like I may have watched a different fight than some of you guys commenting here. That was Tenshin from start to finish. We all know Takeru doesn't have the greatest defense, and he was getting cleanly tagged A LOT. He started resorting to dirty tactics too, some that didn't' get called out like rubbing his elbow in Tenshin's face. I would have loved 5 rounds though. 3 rounds was just way too short for a fight of this magnitude.

I am fine with Tenshin winning in this format but the judges making all close rounds a draw is really annoying. The way this fight went actually makes me really confident Takeru would have won in K-1.

Thought takeru won 2 and 3. Dude can eat shots like a mfer. Just smiling at tenshin lmao. 5 rds is a must. Good early knock down by tenshin tho.

I'm not the biggest Tenshin fan either and wanted Takeru to win, but I have to give it up to him. I feel like I may have watched a different fight than some of you guys commenting here. That was Tenshin from start to finish. We all know Takeru doesn't have the greatest defense, and he was getting cleanly tagged A LOT. He started resorting to dirty tactics too, some that didn't' get called out like rubbing his elbow in Tenshin's face. I would have loved 5 rounds though. 3 rounds was just way too short for a fight of this magnitude.
I knew that Tenshin was more skilled but damn. If he had been able to keep his composure, he would have gotten Takeru out of there in the second. And maybe I’m wrong, he’s only 23 and could feasibly learn how to keep his head on straight if he gets the right training and is given matchups that could build him up gradually.

Tenshin was amazing in the first round. Can't deny the skills. I think Tenshin also clearly won the second round. Third you could make an argument for either guy. Clear win for Tenshin nonetheless.

But also it seemed very likely Takeru would start taking over if there were five rounds. The constant complaining and clinching was annoying. The fight was a dissapointment.

Tenshin was amazing in the first round. Can't deny the skills. I think Tenshin also clearly won the second round. Third you could make an argument for either guy. Clear win for Tenshin nonetheless.

But also it seemed very likely Takeru would start taking over if there were five rounds. The constant complaining and clinching was annoying. The fight was a dissapointment.

I thought the fight was "good," but you expect great with a build-up like that. I thought the card overall was good and well worth watching. Nothing spectacular, but a nice, solid card.

hey do you know how much reach Tenshin had on Takeru? Looked sizable.

For whatever reason, I can't seem to find info on reaches of these two guys.

Huh, did you see Tenshin on his clinch-bike?

Huh, did you see Tenshin on his clinch-bike?
No, I didn't. Their was what maybe 2 unnecessary clinches in between out boxing Takeru in that last round. Not really anything overly abusive to me.

Back