Law Supreme Court Justice Ruth Ginsburg Falls, Breaks Three Ribs, Hospitalized| UPDATE: Malignant Tumor

Apparently this treatment is rare for pancreatic tumors. It is “very unlikely to cure cancers on [its] own,” and is “more likely to be used to help prevent or relieve symptoms.”
https://www.cancer.org/cancer/pancreatic-cancer/treating/ablative-techniques.html

Overall the prognosis for pancreatic cancer is pretty bad. At this point, RBG has already beaten the odds by surviving a whopping 10 years past her original pancreatic cancer diagnosis. https://pancreatica.org/pancreatic-cancer/pancreatic-cancer-prognosis/

I theorized previously that Trump’s renewed interest in abolishing birthright citizenship may be due to a downturn in RBG’s health. After all, the issue surely will be decided by the SCOTUS. At present, the Court would likely be split at 5-4, with Roberts as a swing vote. Trump likely wants a more favorable composition before this crucial issue comes due for its day in court.

More like Ruth Vader Ginsburg emerging from her meditation chamber.

SizzlingSomeHound-size_restricted.gif

Who gives a shit, she’s just another egomaniacal deluded, old broad..

@waiguoren you could update thread title. Otherwise someone will start another. No need for that.

I suspect the morally right will try their best to keep her working, even to the serious detriment to her health, until the 2020 election.
Hopefully sane minds prevail and she retires to deal with her illness. Can't wait for the theater during the nomination process.
they will lose their shit when amy is nominated
amy_coney_barrett.jpg

definitely would
How can you politically assassinate a woman who adopted blacks? She seems bulletproof.

As an Evangelical I hope she has another 80 years, but away from the bench. And when her time comes and she passes I hope that she goes peacefully.
She’s not evangelical. Clearly Jewish.

I theorized previously that Trump’s renewed interest in abolishing birthright citizenship may be due to a downturn in RBG’s health. After all, the issue surely will be decided by the SCOTUS. At present, the Court would likely be split at 5-4, with Roberts as a swing vote. Trump likely wants a more favorable composition before this crucial issue comes due for its day in court.

Wasn't the issue already decided by SCOTUS over a hundred years ago? :

"To hold that the Fourteenth Amendment of the Constitution excludes from citizenship the children, born in the United States, of citizens or subjects of other countries would be to deny citizenship to thousands of persons of English, Scotch, Irish, German, or other European parentage who have always been considered and treated as citizens of the United States." - Justice Horace Gray (United States v. Wong Kim Ark)

Besides the precedent I find it extremely unlikely that it would even be a 5-4 decision. 9-0 seems a lot more likely. It was 6-2 in 1898 in the case above. There's no way someone like Roberts is going to vote against birthright citizenship when the 14th amendment so clearly says "All persons born...in the United States...". Even a judge who's quite conservative like Scalia or Alito wouldn't rule to invalidate birthright citizenship, they would say you need to amend the constitution if you want that to happen.

Who gives a shit, she’s just another egomaniacal deluded, old broad..
Fucking WHAT?

Who the fuck hates RBG? Even conservative posters here, who oft disagree with her, have the fucking class to respect an incredible American.

Fucking WHAT?

Who the fuck hates RBG? Even conservative posters here, who oft disagree with her, have the fucking class to respect an incredible American.

Nobody has to think she’s great. The left loves her because her view of judicial review is “whatever is politically progressive”. It’s transparent. She even said she is ok with foreign liberal judges being able to pass a judgement that America must abide by. That way liberalism is still appeased, and that’s what matters, not American sovereignty.

Red blooded Americans everywhere lost their shit. And justly so. No American judge should ever say that America’s citizens, living in America, are subject to foreign judges rulings. It’s unamerican, but many people like Ginsburg don’t give a shit about that.

https://www.fastcase.com/blog/justice-ginsburg-defends-using-foreign-courts-as-persuasive-authority/

Fucking WHAT?

This thread shows that is often simply not true.

Fucking WHAT?

Yup. You can disagree with some, most or all her views. But she seems to be an incredible person

Nobody has to think she’s great. The left loves her because her view of judicial review is “whatever is politically progressive”. It’s transparent. She even said she is ok with foreign liberal judges being able to pass a judgement that America must abide by. That way liberalism is still appeased, and that’s what matters, not American sovereignty.

Red blooded Americans everywhere lost their shit. And justly so. No American judge should ever say that America’s citizens, living in America, are subject to foreign judges rulings. It’s unamerican, but many people like Ginsburg don’t give a shit about that.

https://www.fastcase.com/blog/justice-ginsburg-defends-using-foreign-courts-as-persuasive-authority/

She was talking about referring to International Laws, and looking at the legal opinions of other like-minded countries in deliberations, not them superceding US law. God, do you always have to scream out your stupidity here?

Yup. You can disagree with some, most or all her views. But she seems to be an incredible person
Of course. I could disagree with every position she had but her life story is incredible.

Also I want to point out your post is testament to the respect you deserve as a poster. Despite how often you drive me up the wall lol.

It always sickens me to see people cheering on her death. Yah, I dont agree with her, but jesus christ. Dont get me wrong, I would cheer her stepping down. But shes lived a good life, and deserves to lives out her final months/years in peace.

The work she has done on the courts has been phenomenal, and she will rightfully be seen as a pillar of the court for generations. Even people who disagreed with her gave her respect as her arguements were always remarkably well thought out, researched, and put to paper. Her sparring with Scalia was some of the best subtle comedy on the court ever, especially since there were best of friends out of the courtroom.

I wish her nothing but the best, and hope that no matter what she chooses she goes on her own terms and without suffering.

I suspect the morally right will try their best to keep her working, even to the serious detriment to her health, until the 2020 election.
Hopefully sane minds prevail and she retires to deal with her illness. Can't wait for the theater during the nomination process.

How can you politically assassinate a woman who adopted blacks? She seems bulletproof.
if history has taught us anything, they will try

As an Evangelical I hope she has another 80 years, but away from the bench. And when her time comes and she passes I hope that she goes peacefully.

Ya as long as she draws breath and Trump is in power, you can count on her not giving up that seat. You may even get some weekend at Bernies type stuff if she passes to buy more time.

Serious question for anyone who may be able to answer.

At what point heading into the next election would it be too late for the Republicans to try and race another Supreme Court Justice through? When do they no longer have enough time?

Back