The Pulse: Tyson Fury vs. Francis Ngannou

Winner?

• Total voters
Fury barely ahead in the poll... it's going to be a close fight, boys!

This feels like Holly/Rhonda. I got Big Frank early KO.
I highly doubt this happens, but it would be the equivalent to the Saints winning the Superbowl for me all over again. Lol

I
Fury's got some DDs. Guy's fat even for him. Doesn't have to be in shape to beat Ngannou, but Usyk will make him look slow.
Don't know about that. Fury's the fastest fat man ever... its uncanny.

Can't believe so many are picking Ngannou, most people don't know shit about boxing

I

Don't know about that. Fury's the fastest fat man ever... its uncanny.
True. Màn has skills. So does Ngannòu. I think Fury wins this fight 8 of 10 times but I'm kind of rooting for Ngannou just for the LOLs.
Plus MMA is just not representing well in all of these boxing matches. God damn it. We need a win.

Ngannou, if he's planning on winning, can't treat this as a boxing match. He has to treat it as an execution.

There's never been a scarrier force in the history of combat sports than Ngannou blitzing his opponent in the 1st round. He has a 100% win rate in MMA doing that.

He has 1 round to KO Tyson, or at least knock him down so hard its difficult for Tyson to get up and make him easy prey to KO within the next round or two.

Otherwise, if Ngannou tries to 'box' Tyson, he's toast. No chance of victory.

Not picking a winner. But I will say McGregor's biggest mistake against Mayweather wasn't going for the kill in the first three rounds. Instead, he allowed Mayweather to take him into deep water where he was drowned.

Hopefully Ngannou won't make the same mistake.

Ngannou, if he's planning on winning, can't treat this as a boxing match. He has to treat it as an execution.

There's never been a scarrier force in the history of combat sports than Ngannou blitzing his opponent in the 1st round. He has a 100% win rate in MMA doing that.

He has 1 round to KO Tyson, or at least knock him down so hard its difficult for Tyson to get up and make him easy prey to KO within the next round or two.

Otherwise, if Ngannou tries to 'box' Tyson, he's toast. No chance of victory.
I agree, Tysons jab is gonna be a huge problem, it sets up everything for him. Francis has fight ending power, let it fly before it's too late.

Fury should be able to win this easily.
Francis, when threatened with a decent striker, resorts to:
-Low output staring match ala Lewis (won't work here, he'll be triple jabbed into Bolivia)
-Windmilling and hoping for something to land ala Overeem and Rozenstruik (again, won't work with proper defense+gloves+clinch of Fury)
-Spamming lay and pray takedowns ala Gane (again, not allowed in Boxing)

So yeah, outside of some lucky punch landing, it's Fury's fight to lose. I personally think he gets a stoppage before the 6th round.

Back