The Pulse: Tyson Fury vs. Francis Ngannou

Winner?

• Total voters
Big Frank will KO Fury. I know it sounds insane, but it will happen.

Ngannou, if he's planning on winning, can't treat this as a boxing match. He has to treat it as an execution.

There's never been a scarrier force in the history of combat sports than Ngannou blitzing his opponent in the 1st round. He has a 100% win rate in MMA doing that.

He has 1 round to KO Tyson, or at least knock him down so hard its difficult for Tyson to get up and make him easy prey to KO within the next round or two.

Otherwise, if Ngannou tries to 'box' Tyson, he's toast. No chance of victory.

Not picking a winner. But I will say McGregor's biggest mistake against Mayweather wasn't going for the kill in the first three rounds. Instead, he allowed Mayweather to take him into deep water where he was drowned.

Hopefully Ngannou won't make the same mistake.
Nah, I don’t often say this in combat sports but Francis doesn’t have a chance in hell. If he tries to box I agree, he’s toast. But if he blitzes Fury will easily outmaneuver him and have him swinging at air. Francis’ only real hope is that the check clears and he takes this loss to the bank.

Nah, I don’t often say this in combat sports but Francis doesn’t have a chance in hell. If he tries to box I agree, he’s toast. But if he blitzes Fury will easily outmaneuver him and have him swinging at air. Francis’ only real hope is that the check clears and he takes this loss to the bank.

I didn't think Stickland had a chance against Izzy.

I didn't think O'Malley had a chance against Sterling.

I think Ngannou has a chance against Fury, but only a 1st Round Blitz's chance. All offense & no defense. That's Ngannou's only chance to become an international star, instead of a 'Happy to show up & accept a big paycheck' joke most were expecting this to be.

If he wants to win, he's going to have to risk embarrassment.

True. Màn has skills. So does Ngannòu. I think Fury wins this fight 8 of 10 times but I'm kind of rooting for Ngannou just for the LOLs.
Plus MMA is just not representing well in all of these boxing matches. God damn it. We need a win.
Oh, I think Fury wins 97/100. But I'm rooting for Ngannou to make it to the bell, to look composed.
I don't want my man to be ridiculed.

I think Ngannou has a chance against Fury, but only a 1st Round Blitz's chance. All offense & no defense. That's Ngannou's only chance to become an international star, instead of a 'Happy to show up & accept a big paycheck' joke most were expecting this to be.

You just named guys fighting in the same sport. Francis has never boxed.

You give Fury a chance vs Jon Jones in MMA? Didn't think so.

This is a poll of mostly Ngannou's followers.

Don't ask me how to put a poll in the responses on Twitter, but apparently this guy did.

You just named guys fighting in the same sport. Francis has never boxed.

Exactly my point I mentioned in my first post.
If Ngannou boxes Fury, he has no chance.

This has to be a 1st round blitz, regardless of it being MMA or Boxing, for Ngannou to win this.

Exactly my point I mentioned in my first post.
If Ngannou boxes Fury, he has no chance.

This has to be a 1st round blitz, regardless of it being MMA or Boxing, for Ngannou to win this.
A blitz? You really think the HW world champion doesn't know how to get out of the way of some plodding can swinging haymakers?

About adesanya vs strickland, damn. Just a few minutes before the match I lectured my employees about how Strickland had absolutely zero chance, didn't deserve a shot, it was a ridiculous squash match, blah blah blah. Then we all went home. Next day, first thing when they arrived, I told em how absurdly wrong I was.
Felt so dumb.

A blitz? You really think the HW world champion doesn't know how to get out of the way of some plodding can swinging haymakers?
Do you have a more feasible path to victory, for a "plodding can swinging haymakers", whose only advantage over Fury is his absurd power?
Let the world know, coach.

Do you think Ngannou's opponents in MMA 'didn't know how to get out of the way of some plodding can swing haymakers?'

I repeat - a 1st Round Blitzing Ngannou is the most terrifying force in the history of combat sports.

About adesanya vs strickland, damn. Just a few minutes before the match I lectured my employees about how Strickland had absolutely zero chance, didn't deserve a shot, it was a ridiculous squash match, blah blah blah. Then we all went home. Next day, first thing when they arrived, I told em how absurdly wrong I was.
Felt so dumb.

Yep, that's why I say MMA is the most unpredictable sport, and by a very wide margin.

Has far more upsets than boxing.

Back