Crime Trial Underway For Deadly Christmas Parade Driver

i still am amazed nobody is talking about what has to be the most crazy/absurd trial ever. it is all over social media and here nobody gives a shit.
That's good though, don't give him any attention. The fear here was it was an attack stoked by the media reporting on a murder trial. If that was his motivation, ignoring this and letting him get locked away for life with a whisper is the optimal response.

Honestly though, the guy had a history of running people over in the heat of the moment, it's why he was supposed to be in jail awaiting trial when he did this, but they released him because it was at capacity. It's the argument for getting rid of cash bonds and prioritizing soley based on threat level.

This judge is a weak idiot, and he is making a mockery of her and her courtroom.

If I were the judge, I'd tell him to STFU and retain real counsel, and he'd be incarcerated until he did so.

when is sentencing?

origin.png

This judge is a weak idiot, and he is making a mockery of her and her courtroom.

If I were the judge, I'd tell him to STFU and retain real counsel, and he'd be incarcerated until he did so.

interesting that another #blueAnon terrorist used a vehicle as a weapon kill someone over politics and/or race will be defending themselves.

The radical left wants our guns so they can run us over with cars/suvs

I don’t think she’s weak. She just shows him more decency and patience than I think most people would and more than he deserves tbh.

Though when he was staring her down and she said it scared her, I wouldn’t have given him the satisfaction of that tbh.

i guess if you are going to go down, you might as well make sure people remember you. and this will certainly do the trick

A year from now only people related to or regarding the victims will remember his name #goodriddance

I don’t think she’s weak. She just shows him more decency and patience than I think most people would and more than he deserves tbh.

Yeah, like I said... weak

I know civil judges who rule their courtrooms with an iron fist. A bit heavy-handed in a civil court, but hell yes that's what I want in a criminal judge.

I've had civil trials in federal court where before things started in the morning, the judge would hear criminal matters. Those judges do NOT fuck around. At all.

She’s being lenient and allowing him to throw his tantrums as a defense against his attempts to appeal within the future. This dude was was trying to force behaviour from the court and prosecutors that could potentially constitute grounds for a mistrial.

She’s being lenient and allowing him to throw his tantrums as a defense against his attempts to appeal within the future. This dude was was trying to force behaviour from the court and prosecutors that could potentially constitute grounds for a mistrial.

I am aware.

I'm an Old School Fuck Around and Find Out type.

Pretty satisfying to watch them read off each count. You could really see the weight of the whole thing settling in on Brooks in real time. Absolutely delicious. Fuck him and his archaic beliefs. People with beliefs like him belong in the dustbin of history. No need to think of him again. The only thing this case is good for referencing, is blatant media hypocrisy in the way they report stories.

Hope the families found some measure of closure. Their lives will never be the same, some might be shattered completely. But after something like that, the only remaining positive would be to see justice be done in a court of law. The victim impact statements will be rough, and I hope they don't let this piece of shit listen on a Zoom call.

You can't do that. You can advise them against representing themselves, but if they choose to do so you have to let them.

And honestly, in this case it just shortened the time span to the inevitable.

This fucking rat needs to be exterminated. What a waste of taxpayer time and money to go through this whole process.

You can't do that. You can advise them against representing themselves, but if they choose to do so you have to let them.

And honestly, in this case it just shortened the time span to the inevitable.

I know. And that may be all well and good normally, but it should not be allowable in a murder trial. The rules are wrong on their face.

I know. And that may be all well and good normally, but it should not be allowable in a murder trial. The rules are wrong on their face.

A rule like that has to applied across all cases. And frankly, if someone is dumb enough to represent themselves for anything other than something like a speeding ticket, they get what they deserve.

A rule like that has to applied across all cases. And frankly, if someone is dumb enough to represent themselves for anything other than something like a speeding ticket, they get what they deserve.

Why? Penalties are not the same for all cases. They really should not be allowing pro se representation in any case, but especially as the gravity of the charges increases. It speaks to incompetent and unfair representation. But wtf do I know, I'm just a common sense layperson. Fuck 'em.

watched a bit. guy's such a nut no way he's in genpop.

Back