Media *** Tyson Fury vs. Francis Ngannou Post Fight Discussion MEGATHREAD ***

How does the fight go?

• Total voters
LOL we are really gonna clutch to a 100 year old fight that happened between 2 50 year olds in boxings defense?

MMA and especially UFCs heavyweight division has come a looong way since then and both men were way over the hill (Pudz got dropped by Sean McCorkle and went on to hunt Sylvia down around the ring after that!! lol)

Now in 2023 one of the current top MMA heavyweights just whipped the ass of the CURRENT heavyweight champion. If we're talking about old guys beating old guys... a middleweight MMA fighter just beat the lemonade out of an ex heavyweight champ in BOXING last year lol (vitor vs holyfield)

While the knuckle dragger fans may want to dismiss the Mercer vs. Sylvia, it is the only example where a former boxing champion defeated a former MMA champion in a professional MMA rules match. The opposite has yet to happen.

But once Francis and McGregor sheepishly finish their boxing careers with 0-3 records, at least they can come back to threads like this and know that bottom feeders thought they "won".

Real fight Fury wins.
You should go look up what his family is known for in real fights.
They're moves in real fights negates all grappling techniques. It's banned in sport, because everyone would do it and win easy. It's called eye gouging, and they are fantastic at it.
Eye gouging works a lot better when you are both significantly better wrestler and grappler on the ground.

Go screw yourself Dana and UFC. You did it for Conor because he's white but couldn't allow the African man get some freedom. Now he shoved it up your asses. Go promote another weak ass main event between nobodies.

Tyson Fury looked like garbage tbh given he's supposed to be the best heavyweight of all-time. Francis really can take a punch. It was like Fury didn't know what to do besides jab on the outside.
For most of Fury's career, he's fought off of his back foot, mostly moving backwards and playing the points game. He was pretty good at implementing that style, but he still had flaws like moving his head straight back and he was always susceptible to left hands. Then came the Otto Wallen fight. Wallen landed a left hand that badly cut Fury and at that point Fury had to completely change his style and come forward and be aggressive. He's fought that way every fight since that Wallen fight and he's been able to take advantage of his smaller opponents with his massive size and weight, not the technical wizardry that many of his fans like to suggest. Just good old fashion bullying. He couldn't do that with Ngannou. Ngannou was too big, too strong and too athletic for Fury to use the bullying tactics that he's grown accustomed to. Ngannou's MMA experience also helped in the clinch in this regard. So for much of the fight, Fury had to go back to his old style of moving backwards and staying on the outside. He was rusty using that style, but those old flaws reared their ugly head as well. Ngannou catching Fury with the left, the punch that Fury has always had problems with while using that style, was no fluke. So I think that Fury looking bad tonight wasn't because he was poorly trained or injured or any of the many excuses that people are coming up with. He looked bad because his opponent took things away from him and forced him to fight another way.

I mean Dana still has those guys in Crocs and sweatpants slapping each other in the face, so there's that.

While the knuckle dragger fans may want to dismiss the Mercer vs. Sylvia, it is the only example where a former boxing champion defeated a former MMA champion in a professional MMA rules match. The opposite has yet to happen.

But once Francis and McGregor sheepishly finish their boxing careers with 0-3 records, at least they can come back to threads like this and know that bottom feeders thought they "won".
Artem destroyed Pauli.
Silva destroyed Chavez.
Randy destroyed Toney.

The world thinks Ngannou was robbed, but he dropped the undefeated HW champ in his first fight lol.

Cope harder.

I wasn't very impressed, I mean sure he did well but he didn't look good in doing so...skills were basic e.g. plodded forward, strikes were slow, most missed, held a lot etc. I was more frustrated watching Fury, he looked so bad and that is what made Francis look decent. I mean exactly what about Francis was everyone so impressed with technically? Furys bad performance made Ngannou look way better than he is.

A knock down can not be a million miles away from a KO. It's a freakin' knockdown.

Fury was laying with his eyes closed looking dead after Wilder knocked him down. And he rose from the dead magically at 9. Here, Fury fell on his butt, he was never on his back and his eyes were open the whole time. It was a knockdown, that's it. Impressive from an MMA fighter, but "almost knocked him out" is a super stretch.

And no knock to Francis, but I've seen fighters get up from an accidental fall that looked worse off than Fury did.

People always remember the last fight. People see Fury KOing Whyte and Wilder and think thats who he is. This fight was more typical of who Fury really is. He's aways been the boring boxer, his opponent makes the fight.
Still salty is see

Real fight Fury wins.
They're moves in real fights negates all grappling techniques. It's banned in sport, because everyone would do it and win easy. It's called eye gouging, and they are fantastic at it.
Real fight Fury is a corpse within seconds. His leg would break from the first leg kick. Or Ngannou just KOs him with a Slam.

Shouts to Conor, Usman and Adasanya supporting Ngannou live

Also all the mma fighters backing him on twitter (or X)

It's a tremendous loss, and I will be waiting for shareholders to start leaning on Endeavour after this.

Is one of those shareholders named Captain Hindsight?

captain-hindsight.gif

Real fight Fury wins.

Francis is a lot stronger than him and will also avail eye gouges , etc. You can't be serious.

I was rooting hard for Francis but I did think he was a little too inactive which lost him rounds. The overall numbers showed that. Still, he defied expectations and it's one of the rare cares where his stock actually went up in a loss. To go to a split decision and get a knock down on the best HW in the world in your first fight is incredible.

He has so many options now. If he fumbled anything, it was signing an MMA contract before this boxing fight. He should probably stay in boxing and fight guys like Wilder and a Fury rematch.

lol can tell this was made by mma fans (which I am one too), but based on boxing scoring Fury won. Francis won a few round but Fury won more, the one good KD doesnt win him the fight. BTW the fight was shit in my eyes, almost as bad as KSI vs Tommy Fury.

TS Fury isn't an ATG. His resume has always been extremely thin. The guy only has 3 title defenses and one of them was against a fighter he'd already decisively beat twice (it was a shameless cherrypick). Secondly, MMA competitions aren't real fights. It's a regulated combat sport that contains rules. Street fights are an entirely different animal altogether.

Back