UFC 213 - Nunes vs Shevchenko II - Vegas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why did he fall off IYO PR?
I don't give a fuck why he fell off. He has always been a mediocre fighter, and he has always thought he is better than he actually is.

Oliynyk is a good match-up for him, but if he loses, it won't surprise me at all considering his skills have regressed, and he lacks the hunger he once had... ...cooter + getting older will do that to you.

Romero always makes me profit. Him ITD +220 is a steal.

omie was one td away in the 3rd round from possilby winning a decision against hamilton. hes never been finishd by punches so there is a possiblity of a middle here if he can win round two like he did against freight train

A middle? How so...

brian camozzi +500 i just can't stop myself.

You better be right about Tavares, Mr. Pig. I've put him in some bets, ML and DEC. Only because of your ultra confidence.

In no way am I saying Miller is a bad bet as he's an underdog and tough as nails veteran. I'm kind of passing myself on the fight. I just don't know how you can be surprised if a former champ beats a gatekeeper albeit a very good one. Jim would be his worst loss after losing the belt. Max, Alvarez, Barboza, and RDA.

Pettis' kicks are really good still and he's hurt people with them. Such as cerrone and Bendon Henderson(Also a southpaw). His boxing is pretty crap compared to his kick game but that should stifle miller enough to keep distance.
Jim's leg kicks will not be as effective as they were in the Dustin fight as Dustin and Jim are southpaws so the outside legkick is there.

Pettis' grappling is pretty underrated. Aside from the RDA(And guida) fight he made bendo, Eddie Alvarez and Melendez struggle to get takedowns. He also subbed Bendo, Melendez, and Chuck Oliveira. All 3 have black belt level grappling.
Jim Miller has never been this unstoppable grappler especially after the first round. He gasses bad and was outstruck and choked in the later rounds by Pat healy as well. Supposedly it's been cleared up after treating his lime disease but he still gassed terribly bad in the Joe Lauzon fight and looked very tired vs Dustin.

You made some good points, thank you. I'll rewatch their fights and reevaluate but I doubt my opinion changes. I also must say Alvarez and Melendez are also overrated. A lot of people here were touting Alvarez in the Poirier fight but it was a clear as day Poirier KO to me though Alvarez ability to take Poirers punches surprised me.

So apparently biggest liabilities to the books are nunes, mein, reem, and meeaschaert

In that order

I am officially on the other side of the public for all fights except reem. Haven't decided on that one yet

So apparently biggest liabilities to the books are nunes, mein, reem, and meeaschaert

In that order

I am officially on the other side of the public for all fights except reem. Haven't decided on that one yet
people are fading Santos? interesting...

In that order

Where did you find this info?

Solid

..but anyway about it I believe the Alistair should be a -275 favorite at least

He should never be over -150 with that chin. Overeem is the definition of a fighter that can easily go from "damn hes looking good" to "he's out cold!" in an instant. The turning the back and running to reset habit he's picked up is going to screw him at some point as well

Last edited:
He should never be over -150 with that chin. Overeem is the definition of a fight that can easily go from "damn hes looking good" to "he's out cold!" in an instant. The turning the back and running to reset habit he's picked up is going to screw him at some point as well
-300 for overeem vs werdum... LOL

Think I'm with Ezflyer on going light on Santos. I agree with JB that Meerschaert looks like an unathletic sloth but Santos is the type of guy to fuck up when everything favors him. 3 fights in a row he has been in trouble (or finished) and he's ended up in the clinch/on the ground every time. I'll go light on Santos banking on his striking to come through but won't be shocked in the slightest if he has a fight IQ glitch and gets subbed from guard.

He should never be over -150 with that chin. Overeem is the definition of a fighter that can easily go from "damn hes looking good" to "he's out cold!" in an instant. The turning the back and running to reset habit he's picked up is going to screw him at some point as well

I can get on board with this. However, at what point do you have to give credit where credit is due and start betting value? hairsbreadth has won five of his last six and six of his last seven with four knockouts. He has been in amazing fights and while he has trouble coming back from adversity, he's been a consummate winner for the better part of his career. Furthermore, this last decade he might have been the best heavyweight on the planet. Winning K1 Grand Prix , The dream heavyweight title, strikeforce heavyweight title and was was in a hairsbreadth of winning the UFC heavyweight title.

He's knocked out Mark Hunt. He knocked out JDS. And he gave the champion an absolutely terrific fight before getting caught. I mean, getting knocked out by stipe is not to be ashamed of giving he is clubbing everyone he faces.

Besides stipe, when is the last time that Reem has folded and just collapsed under a good shot? He took everything JDS had to offer and ate some bombs from Hunt. Like a said, at some point you have to see him for the fighter he is,mand not the fighter he was, or has the potential to be.

I just think that AO wins this fight going away. I'll be here ready to eat crow if I'm wrong. But I think he makes it look rather easy.

Damn Im worried that Whittaker damaged his ankle during this media workout. Im going on the Romero train, he looks in Best shape and always finds a way to win fight.. besides Robert maybe damaged his ankle what will affect his tdd

I can get on board with this. However, at what point do you have to give credit where credit is due and start betting value? hairsbreadth has won five of his last six and six of his last seven with four knockouts. He has been in amazing fights and while he has trouble coming back from adversity, he's been a consummate winner for the better part of his career.

Fair enough. My counter argument to a lot of the Overeem talk would be why are we discounting Werdum as inferior suddenly? He's the former UFC champion in this matchup and is 7-1 dating back to the last time they fought in a fight where Werdum landed more strikes than Overeem. Overeem on the other hand is 6-4 since coming off the sauce and in all 4 losses has been concussed/KO'd.

There's this weird narrative going around that Werdum is dropping off and I don't really know why. We don't have any evidence of this. Some mention his age or the Browne fight, but Overeem is 37 himself with an absurd amount of damage taken to his brain over his career, and his most recent wins include a slow 43 year old Mark Hunt who seemed more considered with USADA than fighting, and a 38 year old Arlovski who is 0-5 in the past 2 years. Werdum on the other hand hasn't showed us any chin issues, nor a tendency to fall apart when things don't go his way.

Econoreem has looked better since his 'rebirth' of sorts at Jackson's, and while he may be technically superior in some ways, is it really going to be enough to avoid getting tagged by an unorthodox Werdum and/or overcoming adversity?

Although it's not an absolute given that Reem's chin will give out (or Werdum's), I don't like the style matchup and having to rely on him either having a flawless victory or absorbing punishment at this stage in his career when Kings will be looking to exploit that exact weakness:

“We know Overeem doesn't have that good of a chin now, so I'll focus on it. Sometimes you'll throw a kick or a punch and wherever it lands, that's it. So I'll really focus on his chin, now. I know he'll go down."

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2017/6/...icio-werdum-vs-alistair-overeem-chin-mma-news

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back