UFC 253: Adesanya v Costa

On a sidenote was surprised to see the only time costa has a 1st round ko in the ufc was his debut. Was thinking of hedging with round 1 ko but if he can't takeout bums like bamgbose and hendricks then i'm not sure what I was afraid of. I guess I'll play a little costa round 2 instead, but all in all I think he's going to get rekt badly in 2nd half of the fight.

Pure stunt? Or do we think there's a chance Costa tries using his size and strength in the grappling department for a sub rather than KO hunting as expected?

Anyone know of a Costa fight where he used takedowns to see if we think those will get Izzy to the ground?
For me it's too much of a risk for his gas tank to wrestle. Having the bigger muscles he would lose some speed in his punches making him easier to counter.

I posted about Paulo using his wrestling earlier this week, and chalked it up to me just being really high.

You never know though. This fight is being billed as a counter-striker vs a brawler, and most of the time, fights don't play out the way you think they're going to(at least BIG fights like this).

Paulo has been training BJJ since he was young. Everyone talks about him gassing himself out by wrestling, but what about Izzy? We've never seen a legit BJJ blackbelt, not to mention one that's going to weigh 210lbs, lay on top of Izzy. If Paulo gets Izzy down, and lands a few hard shots, Izzy is going to panic and try everything he can to get back to his feet. And that may tire him more than we've ever seen.

So if I get to Vegas, and Paulo sub is something outlandish like +2000, I'll take a stab at it. At the end of the day, Izzy is a kickboxer. He's been training all aspects of MMA for the last few years, but that doesn't compare to picking up BJJ when you're a child like Costa did.

I posted about Paulo using his wrestling earlier this week, and chalked it up to me just being really high.

You never know though. This fight is being billed as a counter-striker vs a brawler, and most of the time, fights don't play out the way you think they're going to(at least BIG fights like this).

Paulo has been training BJJ since he was young. Everyone talks about him gassing himself out by wrestling, but what about Izzy? We've never seen a legit BJJ blackbelt, not to mention one that's going to weigh 210lbs, lay on top of Izzy. If Paulo gets Izzy down, and lands a few hard shots, Izzy is going to panic and try everything he can to get back to his feet. And that may tire him more than we've ever seen.

So if I get to Vegas, and Paulo sub is something outlandish like +2000, I'll take a stab at it. At the end of the day, Izzy is a kickboxer. He's been training all aspects of MMA for the last few years, but that doesn't compare to picking up BJJ when you're a child like Costa did.
I sent you a PM. Dunno if you saw it.

I'm done with work for today. Just preparing my bag for tomorrow.

Easy to say Eubanks doesn't have power but I think that "lack" of power was enough to scare off Avila, who I think is slightly better than Vieira. It was easy to see after taking a few shots Avila didn't want to engage those exchanges as the fight went on.

Aldana wasn't known to have power either (and I still don't think she does), it was just more the typical women's fighting style where they cant keep their chins out of the air that got Vieira in trouble last time out. Has she corrected that here? If not, same result could be likely. I don't see Eubanks doing anything else to be honest.

Thoughts?
Im not worried about Eubank's power too much. I think Vieira will play it safe after being KOd and will take it to the ground as much as possible. Its not an easy fight but Im fairly comfortable saying Vieria should take this.
BTW at -200 there little reward on Vieira tbh, I might pass on that bet.

I like it. Only concerns are Jan and Izzy IMO. What else did you bet? They allow any props?

I like it. Only concerns are Jan and Izzy IMO. What else did you bet? They allow any props?
Props as in what? Submissions etc for rounds? I didn’t check but it has everything.

went with Costa because I got another parlay with him , and honestly I think it’s good value. I do think that fight can be a toss up. But I want costa to win so I’m betting with my heart in a sense

Jan just seemed like good value for the payday.

I think it’s really coincidental that you and @guesswhoseback both live in Schenectady
What do you mean? Why is it weird someone lives near me lol. I have no clue who that is for what its worth.

** I went back on the thread to see his posts. I thought maybe you were accusing me of being him or something.

Kinda odd his name is somewhat similar in a sense to me haha.

WHOS the boss
guess WHOSE back

lol but yeh I have no clue who that is

Props as in what? Submissions etc for rounds? I didn’t check but it has everything.

went with Costa because I got another parlay with him , and honestly I think it’s good value. I do think that fight can be a toss up. But I want costa to win so I’m betting with my heart in a sense

Jan just seemed like good value for the payday.

Yeah props as in KO/TKO/Sub finishes/ picking the round in which the fight will end etc.

I want Costa to win too. Sleeper parlay might honestly be Eubanks + Royval or Knight or Klein. Might play that too. Eubanks might pull off another upset because WMMA. FWIW Viera absorbs 3.5 SPM and Eubanks throws over 5. Would not surprise me at all to see Eubanks get the W here.

For wat its worth... ppl talking about Costa ground game in the past but not recently...
If you are Shaq, why shoot a jump shot?
Costa never been in a situation where he needed his ground game. Does he have izzy on the ground? No fukn clue. But you can't rule it out wen he hasnt had to rely on his ground game at all yet

I have 2200 on Shane Young right now and already know I lost. Klein came in 4 pounds over. Ok. Advantage there. But Young went on instagram and already made a fukn excuse. Maori or not. If u accept the fight and the extra percentage on purse. Dont talk about how your opponent missed weight but u didn't. Shows FEAR. Well fuck me. Looks like I gota hedge this shit

I have 2200 on Shane Young right now and already know I lost. Klein came in 4 pounds over. Ok. Advantage there. But Young went on instagram and already made a fukn excuse. Maori or not. If u accept the fight and the extra percentage on purse. Dont talk about how your opponent missed weight but u didn't. Shows FEAR. Well fuck me. Looks like I gota hedge this shit
Very unfortunate he missed weight by 4lbs, was planning to livebet young but I don't know if klein will slow down anymore in the 2nd half of the fight to the extent that he would have had he made weight. Same shit with the Zubaira fight tbh, just an annoying situation all around.

Just shows fear is wat im saying. Me personally. If I accept a fight and extra purse. Ok cool. Lets go to fucking war.. with your money. Im still gona knock you the fuck out.
But hes already making excuses ... looking into his mindset. Theres a bulit in excuse for the new father hell be happy to just go home. Im getting out of this bet

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back