UFC 275: Teixeira vs. Procházka

Why is emeev a 1.5 dog? Dudes a proven solid fighter vs a random Aussie prospect. I guess Emeev is a Dec machine and it’s on Aussie soil but with non bias judging this looks like his fight to lose

Why is emeev a 1.5 dog? Dudes a proven solid fighter vs a random Aussie prospect. I guess Emeev is a Dec machine and it’s on Aussie soil but with non bias judging this looks like his fight to lose
It’s in Singapore this weekend

Why’s the forum so quiet these days? It’s a shame. I love this card for betting and watching.

I was also wondering this. I don't post much but used to enjoy reading these threads. Seems like activity in the MMA section randomly fell off a cliff out of nowhere. These threads used to be super active.

Maybe a lot of people moved to twitter/reddit. Almost all traditional forums are dead tbh. Sherdog has lasted surprisingly long.

I was also wondering this. I don't post much but used to enjoy reading these threads. Seems like activity in the MMA section randomly fell off a cliff out of nowhere. These threads used to be super active.

Maybe a lot of people moved to twitter/reddit. Almost all traditional forums are dead tbh. Sherdog has lasted surprisingly long.
Most of it has gone private. Guys still talk but it’s via dm

#gamblenati

it’s a secretive underground cabal that only select posters are a part of

Last edited:

the Ozzie kid has some of the best striking I have seen for a while for a ufc newcomer and he can take a punch. I’m on the overs which should hit….

It’s in Singapore this weekend
My bad. Literally assumed it was an Aussie card as there’s 3 fighters from there lol. Also didn’t know he was as hot as a prospect as he is. I’ll still take emeev to control him though lol

I have a very hard time seeing Allen, Kape, and Jiri losing. All likely win by stoppage, too.

Kape-Bontorin is a closer one that it looks, Bontorin is good, and the massive red flag for Kape is he tried to compete at this level already and failed.

They had to step him down to facing hit-and-miss prelim warm bodies like Osbourne & Zhalgas to get him a couple of flashy finishes.

But if he's addressed his terrible output issues, Kape could be a completely different proposition for Bontorin than the one that lost to Pantoja.

Kape's about to go on a KKF-type tear, or he's going to get found out once and for all, but I wouldn't say either is a lock.

I'm probably leaning to him winning, but I just can't shake the doubts after he crapped out at this level last time. He just couldn't seem to pull the trigger, and I think that comes down to the level being higher than anything he was used to.

Maddalena is not a random prospect. He has looked extremely smooth his last two fights.
Yeah,and while Emeev is tough he's pretty much mediocre.The line is very it should be IMO,maybe still some value on Maddalena

Been busy a lot and watching RG in tenis and forgot to even write my bets for the last two cards.Got good money two weeks ago on the Holm-Vieira card.I think I'll go lowkey on this one.Can't see value on the favorites,some slight value but just slight on Glover,Joanna and Mahestate.
I'll just take some moderate bets on under/over,main should be an under,Joanna and Valentina should go over,as well as Maddalena-Emeev

It's a dog-or-pass kind of card for me. Don't love any of these picks necessarily but I like my chances of coming away profitable.

- Glover over Jiri - obviously I might end up feeling foolish if Jiri gets another highlight reel KO but I see Glover eating a few shots, creating a scramble and getting the takedown and finishing the fight. Maybe not a big departure from his win over Santos where it looked sketchy for a minute and then turned on a dime.

- Talia Santos over Valentina - Valentina is my fav female fighter of all time and I never fade her. My spidey sense is tingling here just like it did for the Pena-Nunes fight so I'll follow that gut instinct that's telling me this might be a weird fight/sleepy spot for Valentina.

- Joanna over Zhang - this should be pick 'em odds or at least close to them so just taking what I perceive to be slight value here. Could go either way.

- Emeev over Maddalena - another fight that I have closer to a coin flip so will take Emeev.

- Matthews over Fialho - I am a tiny bit surprised to see Matthews as a dog. Eyes closed I'd probably cap him as a slight fav although I kinda get it. Still leaning on dog or pass here on what I feel is a relative pick 'em.

After my first run-through, the fights that look interesting to me are...

Glover: Like HighStakesMMA said up above, I won't be shocked at all if Jiri puts him to sleep in the first round, but Glover has been facing big punchers his whole career and his wrestling approach to slow them down and wear on them is only getting better.

Joanna: This price is silly. I'd bet either side at the dog price.

Bontorin: I'm not a fan of his urgency and fight-iq, but he has the perfect style to neutralize Kape. The price is right to find out.

Kang: I think he's going to wrestle Danaa the entire fight. This one I won't be shocked to lose by KO though.

Na: Another one where wrestling and subs should carry the day. Juarez looked completely lost on the ground. I'm talking if you did a how-to video she's the one demonstrating what not to do.

Pascual: This one will be small if I touch it at all but as much as I like Edwards heart, her skills just seem really low level. She does not know how to get up after being taken down, and she's not dangerous. This is another one where I'm betting the dog on either side at this price.

I wasn't planning on betting JJ this weekend, but her decision line is +225 on BAS, while Weili decision is +140.

3 round fight.

I wasn't planning on betting JJ this weekend, but her decision line is +225 on BAS, while Weili decision is +140.

3 round fight.
I think there are some must play prop lines on this card. How much to risk is the only real question

Well I still think Joanna is a better figther and can out point her in 3 rounds but how serious did she train for this fight? This is my main concern.

I know Chinese mentality. I bet Zhang trained her ass off for this fight.
Joanna has always had a good work ethic. Also took two years off, enjoyed life and recharged the batteries, according to the UFC embedded episodes. I don't think motivation or preparation are issues for her at all.

Last edited:
Kape-Bontorin is a closer one that it looks, Bontorin is good, and the massive red flag for Kape is he tried to compete at this level already and failed.

They had to step him down to facing hit-and-miss prelim warm bodies like Osbourne & Zhalgas to get him a couple of flashy finishes.

But if he's addressed his terrible output issues, Kape could be a completely different proposition for Bontorin than the one that lost to Pantoja.

Kape's about to go on a KKF-type tear, or he's going to get found out once and for all, but I wouldn't say either is a lock.

I'm probably leaning to him winning, but I just can't shake the doubts after he crapped out at this level last time. He just couldn't seem to pull the trigger, and I think that comes down to the level being higher than anything he was used to.

I don't think it's fair to say he failed at the Bontorin level. He got beaten by Pantoja, but he's a level or two above Bontorin and in all honestly should be in the interim title fight instead of KKF.

The Nicolau fight was a robbery.

Back