UFC Fight Night: Till vs. Vettori

Allen is pretty well rounded. Nick lentz is no push over. A lot of people figured that fight would be close.
Sodiq is flashy but he’s really low volume. Not much of a ground game but reasonable takedown defense.
Fight is a pick em to me

Sadiq throws more than twice tye volume of Allen though, who averages around 35 significant strikes per fight when he isn't fighting Gilbert Milendez or Lentz.

Is Impa good? He's coming off a bad KO loss and dropping down to 170. I watched Palatnikovs UFC debut last night and he looks solid. +250 seems like a good bet what am I missing was Impa some hyped prospect before he got KO'd by Buckley or something?

I think we watched completely different fights.

I think Palatnikov sucks to be honest. The only reason he won was because Cosce gassed out of all the beating he put on Sasha and Palatnikov is durable I can give him that but he looks like a bum tbh

I wish I could switch sides and get off of Dern now. The only way she wins this is with vastly improved striking, if Nina is at 60% because of having a child, or Nina engaging in grappling with her.

Still torn on Allen/Sadiq. Allen blocks 68% of shots thrown at him. Sadiq has been fighting a slightly higher level of competition though, and is going to be a tough test. If Allen's odds go from +115 to +130 or better, I'll play him.

Also, Palatnikov has value @ +250. That line is off.

Alvey also has value, unless cutting an extra 20lbs really drains him. He's low output, but Marquez has never impressed me, and Alvey won't fade like his last opponent.

Vettori wins, but he couldn't get Andrew Sanchez out of there when he looked like he wanted the fight to end. I was all over Vettori ITD until rewatching that fight.

Holland, from interviews this week, doesn't seem confident at all though. Maybe he gives up an arm triangle as the pressure of Vettori gets to him.

I wish I could switch sides and get off of Dern now. The only way she wins this is with vastly improved striking, if Nina is at 60% because of having a child, or Nina engaging in grappling with her.

Still torn on Allen/Sadiq. Allen blocks 68% of shots thrown at him. Sadiq has been fighting a slightly higher level of competition though, and is going to be a tough test. If Allen's odds go from +115 to +130 or better, I'll play him.

Also, Palatnikov has value @ +250. That line is off.

Alvey also has value, unless cutting an extra 20lbs really drains him. He's low output, but Marquez has never impressed me, and Alvey won't fade like his last opponent.

Vettori wins, but he couldn't get Andrew Sanchez out of there when he looked like he wanted the fight to end. I was all over Vettori ITD until rewatching that fight.

Holland, from interviews this week, doesn't seem confident at all though. Maybe he gives up an arm triangle as the pressure of Vettori gets to him.
Brunson hardly subs anyone and even he easily got to the arm triangle position early in the fight, was actually pretty surprised he couldn't finish from there tbh I guess that's why he only has 3 subs on his record lol. Vettori for sure would end it from that position and I really don't think it'll take more than a takedown or two. As for Holland's confidence it makes sense being that it's impossible to improve enough after a few weeks from his last fight to stop what Vettori is going to try and do which is land the takedowns and work from there.

Brunson hardly subs anyone and even he easily got to the arm triangle position early in the fight, was actually pretty surprised he couldn't finish from there tbh I guess that's why he only has 3 subs on his record lol. Vettori for sure would end it from that position and I really don't think it'll take more than a takedown or two. As for Holland's confidence it makes sense being that it's impossible to improve enough after a few weeks from his last fight to stop what Vettori is going to try and do which is land the takedowns and work from there.

One thing that stood out to me before the Brunson fight was Holland's openness about not wanting to fight in 5 round fights.

He's fighting a tougher opponent 2 weeks later in yet another 5 round fight. I think Holland, like Woodley did recently, just goes for broke in round 1, knowing it's his only hope.

Brunson though, despite all of his top control, wasn't able to do much damage. Holland has really good wrist control on the bottom. Brunson also has a much different style of wrestling than Vettori -- he thrives off of body lock clinch TDs.

Vettori should have 15lbs on him come fight night though. And has proven to have better cardio than Brunson.

If Holland can coerce Vettori into standing with him for long durations, he has a chance. Barring that, I just don't see him winning.

No reason for Holland to be confident here at all. He knows he will be showing up for only half his purse. Guy probably has the worst performance of his life and now he is facing a much more nuanced version of the guy would who just clowned him. This is Felder vs RDA all over. Paul was fine showing up to take an L to save Dana's main event.

Especially since Paul knew it would help keep his chair at the commentary table nice and warm. I really doubt Holland wants anything to do with the top 10 fighters at 185. If anything I think he is perfectly fine lowering his rank back down and getting back to his bread and butter. Dude probably loves hanging out with the fringe 15 guys to collect bonus checks for slapping out scrubs, the guy isn't here to work any harder than he already has.

Stylebender couldn't put Vettori out why would a much more basic version in Holland have a chance? But Sono07 you say that wasn't really the Stylebender of today since he has grown his mma game. I'm not an MMA math guy but Izzy bodied Brunson in r1. Vettori actually had success pressuring and was much more calculated in not getting his chin blasted off his shoulders. Anyone who thinks Holland is getting a KO here needs to stop smoking the same shit Holland is.

Last edited:
I think we watched completely different fights.

I think Palatnikov sucks to be honest. The only reason he won was because Cosce gassed out of all the beating he put on Sasha and Palatnikov is durable I can give him that but he looks like a bum tbh
This.What is the reason for betting Palatnikov other then him winning his last fight and Impa losing?Palatnikov vs Cosce was such a sloppy fight with both fighters making many mistakes.Impa didn't look good against Buckley,but in his prior fights he looked interesting with solid boxing.The odds would need to be Anderson against Nunes for me to bet Palatnikov.
On Vettori fight I agree with the general opinion,other than a punchers chance don't see a path to victory for Holland.
Another favorite that I specialy like is Jack Shore.Shore is a beast,excellent grappler,Azure is not bad,also has a wrestling background but Shore just seems being better everywhere.

This.What is the reason for betting Palatnikov other then him winning his last fight and Impa losing?Palatnikov vs Cosce was such a sloppy fight with both fighters making many mistakes.Impa didn't look good against Buckley,but in his prior fights he looked interesting with solid boxing.The odds would need to be Anderson against Nunes for me to bet Palatnikov.
On Vettori fight I agree with the general opinion,other than a punchers chance don't see a path to victory for Holland.
Another favorite that I specialy like is Jack Shore.Shore is a beast,excellent grappler,Azure is not bad,also has a wrestling background but Shore just seems being better everywhere.
I had to watch his fight again, he defenetly has holes in his game. Leaves chin over exposed , doesn’t lift his dukes high enough. I have to admit it is a value bet and nothing more . a roll of the dice. this fight can go the other way , or will , but there is enough there to pick sasha. A decent history in other combat sports. A still decent win against a similar style opponent . Fighting in his natural weight. Much more fluent kicker. And the fact is Impa is not near a power hitter As sasha’s last opponent, he is also much more passive, i can see a scenario where sasha just sticks and moves his way into a decision or gets into a tough brawl scrap and wins a close split decision. Its defenetly a high risk bet but very valuable if won.

Another thing to point out was he took the fight on two weeks short notice and a couple weeks after battling covid. Against a guy with like 6 1st round Kos and stopped him. Maybe I'm trying to oversell him here but it's things to consider.

Another thing to point out was he took the fight on two weeks short notice and a couple weeks after battling covid. Against a guy with like 6 1st round Kos and stopped him. Maybe I'm trying to oversell him here but it's things to consider.

Yes he is also a pretty big dog, so whatever if he loses, I think he is worth a shot. He is tough as hell and doesn't easily get discouraged. The perfect dogs to bet on.

Impa is very early in his career there are many unknowns for him. How he handles getting brutally KO'd also remains to be seen.

I thought Sasha was good bet vs DWCS can crusher Cosce but at least Impa has beaten people that have a pulse.

I can't fault anyone for taking a stab at Sasha. He is athletic has decent kicks and strike speed. He isn't a terrible striker but I do believe he was trained in a less conventional manner or at least around a lower level fighters. I don't think he is a complete scrub but his unconventional style leaves many opening that higher level competition should easily take advantage of. I'm lukewarm on Impa but to me his selling point here would be a grappling/offensive wrestling advantage.

As per my norm I seem to have found one of my favorite reads in the main event. If Marvin wins and gets close to a title shot he really needs to write Till a thank you letter for boosting him through the ranks. Till pulls out against Jack and Marvin swoops in, gets all the shine and takes the ranking. Now Till pulls out of this fight and gives Marvin everything but a layup of a match up against a short notice Holland. Ah well might as well have a little fun if I can't get my head out of the ME.

"When the betting line hits your eye looking delicious as a big pizza pie that's Vettori.
When the odds start to shine like you've had too much wine thats Vettori.

Bells will ring ting-a-ling-a-ling
Ting-a-ling-a-ling and I'll sing "Italian Dream" Hearts will play tippy tap as this fight I hope I've properly capped.

When the submission attempts make me drool just like a pasta e fasule that's Vettori
When you walk in a dream but you know you're not dreaming, the Italian is the truth and his records the proof that's Vettori"

Thank you, thank you, I'll be here all week providing solid reads and shitty cover songs.

Last edited:
some of my reads I promised I would be doing more regularly, but have failed so far.

Impa/Sasha: I remember Sasha being much worse before I re-taped it. I like his striking, has a little O'Malley about it. Wide stance, low hands, feints, nice pull counters, and footwork. The defense is nowhere near as good and when you pressure him into a brawl he is super hittable. He is tough but can be Koed. I would have played him against Impa at these odds if not for that big weakness. Pittolo was doing good picking Impa apart but the power and pressure eventually took over. This is a pass especially with the uncertanty of Impas weight cut.

Jung/Knight : I got Jung as an even-money dog before tape. Everyone seemed to be on Knight, didn't know what I was missing. Taped it, and I think I might keep the action, worst case reduce to 1u. Massive reach and height advantage on Jung. Knight is very hittable and green with his standup. Leaves his chin out for the taking. Jung should jab him up, maybe KO him. Was very disappointed in Camur clinching Knight like an idiot for 3 rounds. The clinch is Knights only way to win, although Jung works to get up ASAP. Knight has good volume with the kicks and decent gass, but the way he reacts to getting hit might sway the judges even though Jung can be a bit low volume.

Saldana/Griffin: Didn't go deep into this one. Watched a bunch of Saldanas fights, I like how composed he is. This could look a bit like the Zalal fight where he picked Griffin apart and Griffin was selling out for the clinch. I think this fight is a bit volatile and I dont like how Saldana needs space to work, mixed with Griffin being a wild man. Pass.

Shore/Azure: Interesting fight. Technical Welsh grappling V grinding USA Wrestling. I think Azure has a big athletism and strength advanatge. I have noticed Shore get outmuscled on the regionals in a few of his fights, and even against the 2 low-level opponents in the UFC. He kind of needs good timing or needs to be up against the cage to complete a takedown. He makes up for the lack of strength with the way he chains his wrestling and always looks for the back in scrambles. He tends to get more takedowns late as he has good cardio, which works against Azure who is always going at full speed and slows down quite a bit. He gave up his back to Cole and Katona in the third which is no bueno here. The things I noticed from tape made me want to pass, but I did get Shore at 1.80 which I thought wasn't bad in what could be a close 29-28. I have that feeling that Shore could roll here, due to him being more cerebral and making the right moves when it matters. Could potentially let the 1u ride.

Castro/Danho: Got 4u on Castro. Danho is shit, he was shit 4 years ago against the bottom-of-the-barrel UFC opposition and he should have 2 UFC losses. He is also constantly looking to quit. Only reason its not a max bet is due to it being low level HW, and Danho being the bigger man. After tape, though I think Castros chin will hold up, and in turn, his speed and leg kicks will kill him.

Makdessi/Ignacio: I have seen some people on here say this could be a similar fight to Pinedo, who is also a tall Latin fighter and got picked apart by the bull for 3 rounds. Only problem is Pinedo is absolute trash and doesn't have 30+ Kickboxing wins like Ignacio. Even then, the two times Pindo actually let his hands and kicks go ( it was legit only 2 times in the whole fight ) it looked like he stunned Makdessi. I will be honest I did feel like passing after seeing Ignacios DEC loss and split DEC win on the regionals that were both standup fights. But he is young and improving, and this is more of a fade on Makdessi who has next to no output and will be at a 7.5inch disadvantage. Have 2u on Ignacio will most likely add one more.

Nina/Dern: Skipped to this fight on the main card due to all the chatter its creating, got me excited. I like what I see from Nina, yes she does give up about a takedown per fight, but its from fighters like Markos, Ghadela, Suarez. She also legit seemed to have improved every single fight, actually winning the 3rd round against Suarez who GNPs and chokes girls out. Nina was never in any danger, just gets mat returned over and over and keeps getting back up without giving up any dangerous positions or eating brutal GNP. I like her footwork and calf kick too, which is a proper calf kick, nice and low. One thing I dont like is her lack of power. She dosent really discourage girls from pressuring her and basically always needs to point fight to a decision. Dern is very aggressive, to the point she is a bit too wild sometimes. But she cracks hard and the pressure might make the round close even if she doesn't get the takedown. Regardless still can't pass on Nina with all her advantages, standup, great TDD and getups, footwork and the calf kick. Just need to decide on my stake. Got 3u atm but don't think I will go that big with Derns improvements snd Ninas layoff.

Pittolo was doing good picking Impa apart but the power and pressure eventually took over. This is a pass especially with the uncertanty of Impas weight cut.

Heh, what?

Impa was in total control during the whole fight. I don't think he was ever being "picked apart" or in trouble. Judges also had it all 3-0 Impa so idk bro.

Buckley is a chaotic striker and can meme lots of good guys in his division. Palatnikov has terrible TDD too I could see Impa just grinding him out too if he needs to which I don't believe because Impa is better everywhere. Widest margin in wrestling in between these two

Impa is overrated, he doesnt even shoot for takedowns.
Just boxing with low output

Back