1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

UFC FOX 22 - PVS vs Waterson - Sacramento

Discussion in 'MMA Betting Discussion' started by EzFlyer, Dec 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2bet Green Belt

Holtzman looks like Maj. Winters from Band of Brothers - people trust in Winters

2. Oblivian Aging Platinum Member

Good luck to everyone tonight. I won't be watching much of it live, but I'd probably avoid the pbp thread for this one anyhow.

3. molest Purple Belt

I'm not familiar with Cole and havent had time to watch his old fights, can he potshot people and use a basic keep away game, or is he more of a lanky brawler?

4. EzFlyer Titanium Belt

He has some boxing but he's almost exclusively a BJJ guy.

5. mkess101 Not the hero he deserves, but the hero he needs

Holy...umm...what? I can see thinking Jouban has a good shot, even thinking he should be a slight favorite isn't totally nuts (I disagree and like Perry here, but can see arguments for Jouban). But capping him -400 is so beyond stupid that it's hard to wrap my brain around.

6. EzFlyer Titanium Belt

Covington -3.5 -170
    FML. So disappointed.

Btw fastest ko/sub props are up and fotn

7. Touchmywetpanda White Belt

I like Northcutt here more than Gall, but I also don't like how quick he tapped against Barberena. Gonna go with my gut on this one.

8. CasterMard Brown Belt

That means 20% of time Platinum wins every time.

9. mkess101 Not the hero he deserves, but the hero he needs

I posted a couple pages ago (I think post #1201) a breakdown of Sage's last two fights. To me, that's what should really worry Sage backers. If you look at the elite guys from the grappling circuit that make it in MMA, generally they are able to implement good takedowns and gain top position a solid amount of the time. Because while on the grappling circuit playing the guard game works fine (it's a neutral position, you have lots of time to work for subs or sweeps, etc.) it usually doesn't work so well in MMA (you end up usually getting punched a lot LOL).

While Gall hasn't fought anyone, he easily took down 2 of the 3 nobodies he's been in there with (knocked the other down with a strike). And Sage just GIFTWRAPS takedowns for his opponents. He backs up to the cage, allows double underhooks without fighting it at all, doesn't know how to sprawl or switch. For a kid training full time with his athleticism, it's maddening to watch honestly. In fact, I think him being such a good athlete is a curse. He basically just "athleted" his way out of bad spots vs Marin time and again.

In other words, Gall doesn't NEED to be a polished (or even close) MMA fighter to get Sage to the ground if we see anything like what we've seen recently from Sage. And his deficiencies on the mat are so pronounced that if Gall does get him down it really is a mismatch.

10. EzFlyer Titanium Belt

Aldana fastest ko +3000

Not sure what to do on FOTN. tough one. The main card four hours are the favorites... Faber Pickett are guys the UFC likes and prolly want to reward if it's competitive...

Pvz vs KH is gonna be competitive and back and forth and should last...

Perry Jouban is gonna be fireworks but who knows how long it will last.. same idea to lesser extent on gall vs sage

Maybe a good night to pass on fotn

11. Officer_Brown The Cuck of MMA betting. Look at my pretty face. Banned

They have given out FOTN even when one guy gets knocked out in the second round. Both want to take eachothers head clean off. Faber picket will go to a decision.. don't think faber will go to a fistfight this time either. He has been gunshy lately.

12. vkram Brown Belt

Don't think either Faber or Pickett have been particularly exciting lately.

13. OneWarrior1 Brown Belt

Mkess sold me on Gall. 2U

14. mkess101 Not the hero he deserves, but the hero he needs

Wait EZ I'm confused. You DON'T like that Colby line?? I'm totally fine with it. By comparison Aldana is -185 which I'm even okay with. I'd assume it's because she has a much better chance to finish according to the books, but ML for her is -295 vs -355 for Colby.

The way I see it is that Colby is the bigger, stronger guy with a gigantic wrestling edge that Barb probably has zero answers for. Barb should probably be at LW, and best case probably ends up on his back defending for 15 minutes.

I also do think Smith is shot. She looks robotic, while Aldana looks fluid and loose. I think Aldana lights her up easily. Smith is pretty tough I guess so it could see the cards (and I did previously bet the o2.5 which I think I hit a little prematurely--but whatever) but I can't see Leslie winning a round much more than I can see Barb winning one.

Covington -3.5+Aldana -3.5 paying +145. I like this, just did 1.5u on it.

15. Officer_Brown The Cuck of MMA betting. Look at my pretty face. Banned

mmafighting.com predictions:

Michelle Waterson
    Sage Northcutt
    Urijah Faber
    Alan Jouban
    Luis Henrique da Silva
    Cole Miller
    Colby Covington
    James Moontasri
    Josh Emmett
    Irene Aldana
    Eddie Wineland
    Fredy Serrano
    Bojan Velickovic

16. edhan Green Belt

I know the topic has been beaten to death. I'm not sure how anyone can make that assumption seeing how bad Marin's armbar attempts were. He never uses his legs to lock really control the shoulder of Sage. Marin is just tugging on his arm and not popping his hips. Probably one of the worst armbar attempts i've ever seen and i'm no expert.

17. cCrown Blue Belt

Why don't you use 5dimes in the uk, you can still use it there right? I live in the netherlands and i use it specifically for that reason. I dont have much money on it but i get great value from them.

18. rille31 Brown Belt

if colby dominates him and kamaru should dry hump each other next to see whos got the best wrasslin in the division

19. mkess101 Not the hero he deserves, but the hero he needs

That fight stays standing and Kamaru most likely tools Colby.

And honestly at this point in terms of MMA wrasslin, I still might go Maia...

20. Joseph Budden Banned Banned

Yeah I think Kamaru would wreck Colby. I'm sold Kamaru could compete for the title by the end of 2017. Not convinced about Colby yet

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.