What’s the worst UFC fight you’ve ever seen?

Bit of an obscure one but I was there live and honestly it was painful

guillard vs Micheal johnson

Christ..

One of the few times I actually kinda half-watched some WMMA fights. The Polish chick vs. the Chinese chick, de Randamie vs. Nunes. Nothing else comes even close.

Rashad Rampage. We had a big group at work of semi-casuals who used to get together to watch fights. That killed everyone's interest completely

Insert any wmma fight that isn't a title fight.

I love how sometimes just a slight difference can make fights go from fight of the year contender to worst fight ever lol. For example, Wonderboy vs Woodley 2 wasn't that much different from the first aside from Wonderboy being hurt even more in the first fight and surviving that guillotine. Like yeah the first one was better but not by that much. Same goes for the Hendricks vs Lawler fights, second one really wasn't that much worse.
"Same goes for the Hendricks vs Lawler fights, second one really wasn't that much worse."
Yea it really was, The first fight was back and forth striking for the most part. Hendricks won the first 2, Robbie hurt Johny badly in the 3rd and 4th and was 2 - 2 going in the 5th which was back and forth until Robbie gassed and Johny got a TD. Second fight, Robbie barely did anything outside the first minute of the first round and the last minute of the 5th. He landed a front kick to the face somewhere in there, but most of the fight was Johny holding Robbie against the cage, IIRC. Haven't watched the second fight in years. I could be wrong.

People are confusing the fight that failed to meet expectations with the “worst” fight. Nick Diaz vs conduit is mentioned, but that was high action. A truly garbage fight is something along the lines of Silva vs Leites, where the crowd was so disgusted they started chanting GSP and the first round was a draw due to sheer inactivity.

Bethe Correria vs Jessica Eye. How they both weren't cut after that fight is beyond me.

No CM Punk?
Perhaps the worst UFC-fight, at least of the modern era, but I was entertained and engaged while watching and that does count for something. A match like Quarry vs. Starnes was much worse in that it was unwatchable and boring.

I would say Royce vs Ken Shamrock was, Shamrock was literally in Royce’s guard for 30+ minutes. How can any fight be worse than that?

So you missed Royce v Sakuraba.

Woodley-Wonderboy 2
Arlovski-Sylvia 3
Shamrock-Severn
Francis-Black Beast.
Kimbo-Dada 5000

I've been looking for a full video of Quarry vs. Starnes but it's the forbidden fight the UFC doesn't want you to see, apparently

I've heard people on here claim Starnes did it as a protest because he had an injury and UFC wouldn't cover his healthcare costs

It was so long ago but I know that Starnes use to actually post on here and I think he tried to explain himself and say that early in the fight he got a broken hand along with some other injury and couldnt put out any offense. I believe his words were "I was a beaten fighter just trying not to get knocked out"

Any fight that isn't an MDK is the worst fight for me.
tenor.gif

Back