Winning Velcro 16oz Gloves with pics

Gloves look awesome thanks for the review :]. Denno, i've been training pretty hard lately 5 days a week about 3-5 hours a day and wanted to get a good all around glove and thought winnings might be the best bet for me. I weigh 130 pounds and am about 5'9. Would you recommend the 16 oz glove for an overall training glove (bag,mits, sparring) for my size or do you think a 14 oz would be better? I guess i'm training to be an amateur and just want some good protection so i wont get any injuries. Thanks

Hi Sonntag, I think 16oz would be fine. They are by far the lightest 16oz gloves i've ever worn. Honestly they feel lighter than most 12oz gloves by other companies. I can't emphasize enough how light they, you need to try them to believe it.

They're perfect for bag, mitts and sparring. They're the best all around gloves you can get IMO. The comfort and protection is ridiculously good, nothing else compares.

Given the volume and length of training your putting in I think Winning would be perfect for you.

Glad you enjoyed the review! :icon_chee

Do us a favor and do another review of those gloves in 3 months of hard use. I have the same exact pair, same model and color. Yes, Winnings were great gloves at one time. But that white color, is laminated on the glove, not drum dyed. Those are not the same Winning Gloves that you see the pros on TV wearing in the gym anymore. The ones that all of us are getting in the mail, is a cheap leather model and the foam is even worse. Just give it some time and you will see what im talking about when the white starts to peel off, and the foam falls apart.

I have 2 pair of lace ups and they're perfect, the same gloves used by the pro's. The velcro glove looks like a different glove entirely. The leather doesn't bunch up like that (or change period) on the lace ups, even after years of getting punished on the bag the leather still looks brand new, so does the padding. You can go check them out on youtube, there's a bunch of Winning lace ups that have been heavily used and still look brand new like I said. So it has nothing to do with Winning ripping off their customers...

does this mean i should buy the pro winning gloves instead of the velcro gloves?

i thought they are the same material and same padding?

Do us a favor and do another review of those gloves in 3 months of hard use. I have the same exact pair, same model and color. Yes, Winnings were great gloves at one time. But that white color, is laminated on the glove, not drum dyed. Those are not the same Winning Gloves that you see the pros on TV wearing in the gym anymore. The ones that all of us are getting in the mail, is a cheap leather model and the foam is even worse. Just give it some time and you will see what im talking about when the white starts to peel off, and the foam falls apart.

No problem mate, I'll do a review on precisely that soon. So far, with 5-6 days per week training they havent even got a blemish, but I'll keep you posted on how they work out.

I have 2 pair of lace ups and they're perfect, the same gloves used by the pro's. The velcro glove looks like a different glove entirely. The leather doesn't bunch up like that (or change period) on the lace ups, even after years of getting punished on the bag the leather still looks brand new, so does the padding. You can go check them out on youtube, there's a bunch of Winning lace ups that have been heavily used and still look brand new like I said. So it has nothing to do with Winning ripping off their customers...

I believe that the velcro glove is identical to the pro gloves with the obvious exception of the laces and wrist enclosure.

I have 16oz in both the velcro and the lace, and they feel as identical as gloves can be that are lace and velcro by comparison.

The one exception is that the leather in the palm on the velcro gloves is kind of bunched up compared to the lace ups, but it seems to me that this is because the laces kind of pull the leather away from the palm. Obviously on the velcro glove there's nothing to do that.

Performance wise they feel the same to me though. Will keep you posted.

Last edited:
The one exception is that the leather in the palm on the velcro gloves is kind of bunched up compared to the velcros, but it seems to me that this is because the laces kind of pull the leather away from the palm. Obviously on the velcro glove there's nothing to do that..

Do you mean the leather on the velcros are bunched up compared to the laces? or the other way around?

Do you mean the leather on the velcros are bunched up compared to the laces? or the other way around?

Whoops! My bad. I meant the leather is bunched up on the velcros compared to the lace ups!

I believe that the velcro glove is identical to the pro gloves with the obvious exception of the laces and wrist enclosure.

I have 16oz in both the velcro and the lace, and they feel as identical as gloves can be that are lace and velcro by comparison.

The one exception is that the leather in the palm on the velcro gloves is kind of bunched up compared to the lace ups, but it seems to me that this is because the laces kind of pull the leather away from the palm. Obviously on the velcro glove there's nothing to do that.

Performance wise they feel the same to me though. Will keep you posted.
The leather on the other side is the same though, it bunches up a lot. On the lace ups that doesn't happen. Outside of that the velcro's also have different layers of foam as well. But I don't think the velcro glove is of less quality or anything like that. It just seems a bit different in terms of the leather & the foam they use, and the fact that it's a velcro. But I'd still pick the lace ups over the velcro's.

The leather on the other side is the same though, it bunches up a lot. On the lace ups that doesn't happen. Outside of that the velcro's also have different layers of foam as well. But I don't think the velcro glove is of less quality or anything like that. It just seems a bit different in terms of the leather & the foam they use, and the fact that it's a velcro. But I'd still pick the lace ups over the velcro's.

Isnt it you need somebody help you put on those lace ups gloves? What if you need some water break time to take it on and off quick?

Do you mean the way the leather has that wrinkled appearance? That happens on my lace ups too. After a few uses they appeared on both the velcro and lace-up versions.

Not sure what you mean?

Isnt it you need somebody help you put on those lace ups gloves? What if you need some water break time to take it on and off quick?
Well, if you don't have anybody to tie them you can tie the gloves by yourself before training begins at home or something. Don't put any wraps on, put your hands in, tie them, later in training all you have to do is wrap your hands and squeeze your hands in. The fit is not gonna be perfect but it's still much better than on velcro gloves. And you can just take them on and off whenever you want.

i wouldn't worry about the wrinkles so much, look at PVC it never has wrinkles but it sucks.

Just got my winnings MS-600 and they are pretty nice gloves

Last edited:
The wrinkles shouldn't appear on the Winning lace ups though like they do in the velro pictures. I haven't seen any wrinkles on the gloves used by the pro's either. Here's 2 heavily used Winning laceups, the leather still looks brand new. That's what I meant.

YouTube - ‪Winning Sparring gloves 16 oz. - Winning amateur Boxing glov‬‏
YouTube - ‪Winning MS-600 Professional Training Gloves 16oz‬‏

MannyPacquiaoTraining.jpg

manny_pacquiao_training.jpg

Manny-Pacquiao-Training-in-Los-Angeles.jpg

Pacquiao-on-Training.jpeg

73909868.jpg

floydmayweather.jpg

In all of these pictures I can clearly see wrinkles identical to what I've described. Both the pro gloves and the velcro. There's plenty more online too, and some of Manny in blue velcros that look quite wrinkled.

I don't know why some are wrinkled and some aren't, but I don't think the pros are getting any different gloves to anyone else. Floyd & Manny both have gloves that look like mine (a white pair and a red pair).

Thoughts?

@GFG
Well I'm not really worried about the quality, it just looks like to me from that first picture posted in this thread that Winning maybe uses different type of leather for the velcro's? It doesn't have that typical plasticy/glossy look. In terms of quality I'm sure it's both the same, they both cost the same. I'm not saying one is better than the other. It just looks different to me on that picture.

@Denno
Could very well be! That first picture you have in this thread on your gloves always threw me off for some reason. And the fact that the other guy said these are artificial leather in his review thread which is not the case. You made a picture with all your gear in it and the velcro's look a lot different on that one, especially the left glove. It's the same I'm gonna say. The wear and tear just isn't the same on every glove, so they'll look different as well. On my 14 oz Winnings there's some wrinkles on the right glove while the left one is all smooth. I realized that's because they were laying on that right glove in the box while being shipped. The foam on that area also felt broken in already. :icon_lol:

@ Gonz. You make some excellent points my friend!

I think I've figured out this mystery though.

1. I'm a Southpaw so my left glove cops much more abuse then my right (jabbing) hand.

2. I've noticed when I have the gloves on and am punching the wrinkles aren't as prevalent. In the first photo the gloves are on the floor and the palm is more "open" as if I was catching a jab. When I am squeezing my hands to make a fist, the "skin" of the glove gets pulled taut and the wrinkles mostly diminish.

3. In the photos above, mostly the gloves wrinkle again on impact. Which explains why the gloves you posted in the youtube vids looked smoother- because they weren't in use at the time.

This kind of flexible skin of the glove I believe is one of the reasons they are of such high quality. Compared to other harsher leathers that are tough, but ultimately will tear.

Just my .02. Good discussion though, you need to get into gear production buddy!

Rain on my parade ?? you ent got it in your pants son ;)
Mate if i wanted a pair of winning gloves i would buy 100 pairs...i dont have to dream about fuck all as check out my video below ...i drive a 2009 Mercedes 320 CLS cost

winnings are hands down the best gloves and will last forever.

@ Denno,
i need your help here please. i am an asian 173cm tall and weigh around 65kg. i am in the market for a pair of all around gloves and i think winning is my best bet. i am going to use them for bag, mitts, and sparring. what size do you think i should get 14 or 16oz? i know i have to wear 16oz for sparring but i am just worried 16oz would be too bulky for bag work. and should i get lace ups or velcro. it seems like velcro is easy to take on and off but i heard they are lack of wrist support. btw i can't invest in 2 pairs of gloves.

Back