Alex Peirera vs Roundtree?

Should have been Rountree vs Poatan at 300

That’s 100x a more compelling fight

Nah, Hill is more overrated than him. He knocks out Johnny Walker and goes the distance with a 43 yr old Glover that spent whatever he had left in the Jiri fight and all of a sudden everyone is glazing Hill saying he will KO Alex. Even though they were saying he had no chance against Alex up until he got KO'ed by Izzy.

Can’t dispute any of this, I fully agree.

"Rountree" lol some of you Pereira fans are dreaming up some ridiculous scenarios to duck Ankalaev if Pereira can even get past Hill. <lmao>

Khalil has little grappling. He gets KTFO.

Poatan aint no Gokhan Saki he is far better

Khalil has to fight one more contender. I guess he can get a title shot but he really has no 5 round experience. I would say he isn't ready and needs a showcase fight night matchup for 5 rounds.

Roundtree has put away a few guys who were, on paper, more technical. So it's kinda compelling.

Fuck it, free money and a defense for Alex, and a nice KO for the casuals. Seems like a win all around.
Not necessarily. Rountree slept Saki in a stand up only fight. Alex could definitely get caught as well.

Khalil has to fight one more contender. I guess he can get a title shot but he really has no 5 round experience. I would say he isn't ready and needs a showcase fight night matchup for 5 rounds.

Rountree vs Jan Blachowicz makes sense, otherwise the loser of Prochazka/Rakic or a Johnny Walker rematch depending on the timeline.

Nah, Hill is more overrated than him. He knocks out Johnny Walker and goes the distance with a 43 yr old Glover that spent whatever he had left in the Jiri fight and all of a sudden everyone is glazing Hill saying he will KO Alex. Even though they were saying he had no chance against Alex up until he got KO'ed by Izzy.
I don’t think it’s fair to say glover spent whatever he had left against Jiri. Glover came very close to winning that fight. Hill just controlled distance better than Jiri did.

Rountree vs Jan Blachowicz makes sense, otherwise the loser of Prochazka/Rakic or a Johnny Walker rematch depending on the timeline.
Jan might knock him off. I am honestly not sure about Rountree's grappling but then again Jan is a bit older now. I figured the matchmakers can fake the funk with Rakic or Krylov. Walker is nice too but he has a win over Khalil. He might knock Khalil off too.

I love Rountree but he shouldn't get a shot off of beating Smith. In my opinion Ankalaev should get the next shot (hopefully he gets his head flying in the 15th row) and maybe Rountree can fight the winner of Prochazka vs Rakic, or maybe the loser and the winner gets the shot before him.

I don't think he should leap frog Ank but a fight between him and Alex is interesting.

Not necessarily. Rountree slept Saki in a stand up only fight. Alex could definitely get caught as well.
Alex isn't Saki man, completely different kickboxing styles. What does Rountree do better than Alex? How does he stop Alex's pressure in order to implement his power shots? This is the same guy that robbed Dustin Jacoby, let's temper expectations here.

Alex isn't Saki man, completely different kickboxing styles. What does Rountree do better than Alex? How does he stop Alex's pressure in order to implement his power shots? This is the same guy that robbed Dustin Jacoby, let's temper expectations here.
Alex is very hittable, and Khalil has power. To count him out completely doesn’t make much sense. If Bruno Silva can land on Alex often Khalil definitely has a chance of landing a huge punch. Alex has a striking defense of 50% and absorbs over 3 and a half shots a minute.

No this is actually the worst matchup for Rountree in the division. Pereira reads him fast and gets Khalil out of there before the midway point of the 2nd.

Alex is very hittable, and Khalil has power. To count him out completely doesn’t make much sense. If Bruno Silva can land on Alex often Khalil definitely has a chance of landing a huge punch. Alex has a striking defense of 50% and absorbs over 3 and a half shots a minute.
Sure man, anyone in the light heavyweight division CAN KO Alex Periera. Big if though. There is a lot more than percentages and stationary heads going on out there, on both sides. I just hope they book the fight and you guys actually move the line.

Back